• Kevin Maher
    • Deane Smalley
    • Dean Windass
    • Lee Hughes
    • Craig Davies
    • Lewis Alessandra
    • Andy Liddell

Guest sheridans_world

Gregan or Rubes... again. Thought Eardley had a poor game, as did Kelvin. Maybe I'm being influenced by the idiots heckling them both... like thats going to help.

Anyway, Windass showed promise, dont think he deserved MOTM though. Good goal from Smalley although I thought he had a poor second half.

Well and truly a game of two halves.

Windass. A fine debut that deserved a goal. I have a feeling he's going to help some of our other attacking players (like Davies and Taylor) look alot more dangerous with some of those flicks and passes from behind the front man. And finally we have someone who can take a free kick!

gregan.

getting back to his best again.

bossed their forward line,won virtually every ball that fell to him,made one cock up in first half but got back to make amends and cleared up.

nice through balls down the middle,especially to windy.

confident and cool.

loved watching their forwards /midfield seemingly retreat with respect when he got the ball and sized up a pass !

ruby close second.did brilliant too.

Thought Windass was a different class and you can see whoever he plays with scoring a lot of goals.

Gregan had a good game and although i thought Maher was un able to pass forwards at the begging he turned it round and had a half decent game.

Whits doesnt move enough off the ball and rarely closes down quick enough to put a foot in.

Tayls was quiet and Lomax and Eards were on and off.

gregan? yes, immense in the air BUT as a defender, you are told NEVER, ever, EVER play a ball square along your own 18 yard line. gregan did it TWICE last night. so he twice broke the golden rule of defending. sod it lets get out blinkers on, and give him man of the match.

gregan? yes, immense in the air BUT as a defender, you are told NEVER, ever, EVER play a ball square along your own 18 yard line. gregan did it TWICE last night. so he twice broke the golden rule of defending. sod it lets get out blinkers on, and give him man of the match.

:lol:

Hopefully he will hoof it up the pitch next time.....

hopefully. although he did try it one, and it went straight up in't air. ill let that go though, at least hes trying.

That would be fair seeing as you regularly 'let go' his many excellent passes. Granted you credit his heading, but then again even to you that is unavoidable.

Fancy him getting away with these two passes across his box? How dare a vastly experienced player make such a judgement, and go against what is taught at under 9's level. They really were heart in chest moments which spoilt a MOTM display. Young players need better role models!

Yes he did make the mistake twice, not quite as many as the 30odd interceptions, headers and tackles he won though. :wink:

NEVER EVER..golden rule! A player with his vast experience will only be too aware, however i think he does the rest of the basics pretty well most of the time don't you? <_<

Edited by futchers briefs

Unable to attend so can't comment on MOTM but what is interesting is that this poll is the first for a while with a good spread of votes. In recent games, the voting pattern has usually centred on one, sometimes two players but this one has votes for players from defence to attack.

can you please stop chipping away at my gregan vendetta with legitimate questions?!!!!

its no good doing the basics right, then pissing about. you dont wash your car then deliberatley drive past a farm being muckspread do you? these things that seem so insignificant to many, add up to quite a bit over time. maybe i notice it more because he spit roasted my wife with crossley, but thats by the by. one of those is hoofed and its a good performance, both of them and its probably a nine out of ten, and a comfortable man of the match.

you may also have noticed that praise is given when i feel its due, and even in this instance im not blinded to his contribution. my argument has never changed. his faults are excessive risk taking, an unacceptable high offside line due to his decreasing pace, bollocking people for mistakes he also makes, excessive hostility to match officials and spit roasting my wife with crossley. none of these faults will leave his game, and can only increase with the passing of time.

the zero rating elsewhere is slightly tongue in cheek. not many players ever deserve a zero, especially the captain of a defence which did not allow a shot on gol, but man of the match is the converse of my zero.

Thought Smalley was a revelation on the right for 65 minutes and deserves to start next game.

Then he was knackered and looked to struggle from then on in..... unfortunately this is what happens when you have no reserve team and a squad player steps into the starting line up having little time on the pitch in the past month or so.

Then he was knackered and looked to struggle from then on in..... unfortunately this is what happens when you have no reserve team and a squad player steps into the starting line up having little time on the pitch in the past month or so.don't train as well as Chris Taylor

You could tell Windass has played at a higher level from the things he did, first half at least it was a fine performance so on that basis he gets the vote for me. A mention should be given to Gregan but the reason I didn't give it to him as the lad he was up against for most of the game would have looked out of place as a ball boy.

Guest sheridans_world
good to see that, isnt it?

still cant believe (i can really) that i overheard someone on sheepfoot lane saying 'gota get rid of that maher, he does nowt'

I'd be happier if it was a pick of four, but two is good enough, see Windass has pulled ahead, new boy being favoured I think. He did play well, not taking that away from him and he would have been my second choice.

Well up for Hereford now.

Although i thought Gregan & Ruuuuuuuuuubes were class again, Smalley had a good 45mins as did Windass; i've gone a little diferent in my voting - i've plumped for Craig Davies!!

We weren't safe at all when he came on - they were looking like they'd grab another & we'd have another home draw. CD came on & did everything right for me. He gave us fresh impetus up top; his runs were well timed & spot on (as were Windass's through balls to him it has to be said), he tracked back & hasselled defenders & midfielders, he won a number of corners for us (relieving pressure) & his attitude was spot on again - its like a new signing the way he has come back from his loan.

although others played the full 90mins; i've gone for Craig this time for an excellent cameo right when it was needed the most.

still not disappointed with Windass or Gregan winning the poll though!!!!