Did anyone see Kilkenny in the Main Stand

Spot on with that comment.........A Kilkenny type is all we are missing and then I think promotion would be a cert!!!

I think midfield's a genuine concern myself. We've not controlled a game in the middle of the park for a while now, and we've tried all kinds of combinations there. It also highlights how much impact players like Kilkenny and Wellens had on a game. Yeah, I know we're ten unbeaten now, but we've clung on to results in games which really could have gone either way.

I'll take the 3 points tonight. Happily. But I really hope we find a suitable remedy for midfield and gain some consistency.

Tell you what. We'd have cruised that game very comfortably with Kilkenny in the side.

Really? I seem to remember our home form being gash with him in the middle. Which is how Leeds' went when he went there. Overrated...a poor mans Wellens. Admittedly he did well away from home with the space you get, never did it at home tho...was without the goods at home. Like trying to crack open a nut with a tin opener.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Yeah seen him at halftime lad in the toilet que shouted if he was coming back he just laughed and said 'I dont't think so mate' went off towards the lounge near the turnstiles.. We do need someone creative in midfield as Whittaker is off his game at the minute but I don't think KK would come back.

Sam Hewson creative midfielder rated highly at Man Utd has joined Hereford on loan for a month

i dont think were desperate for anoher centre mid. However i do think it would be useful if we want to get promoted.

Whits is only good when he has the ball and Maher is a little slow and negative at times.

I do like both players and i do see KKs weaknesses but if we did add him to the squad i think we would go up even if we didnt play him every game.

Or maybe even give Stephens a go?? or Lee in the centre??

We do need another creative midfielder, we haven't replaced Wellens, fact. Kilkenny left for higher wages which we couldn't afford then so that's not going to change is it? Is it too much to ask for another in the Hughes/Deano mould i.e. Championship player who's willing to play for us? Go on Barry, you know it makes sense!

i dont think were desperate for anoher centre mid. However i do think it would be useful if we want to get promoted

Whits is only good when he has the ball and Maher is a little slow and negative at times.

I do like both players and i do see KKs weaknesses but if we did add him to the squad i think we would go up even if we didnt play him every game.

Or maybe even give Stephens a go?? or Lee in the centre??

I hope that we do! lol

Edited by razza699

Really? I seem to remember our home form being gash with him in the middle. Which is how Leeds' went when he went there. Overrated...a poor mans Wellens. Admittedly he did well away from home with the space you get, never did it at home tho...was without the goods at home. Like trying to crack open a nut with a tin opener.

Absolutely spot on.

Actually, our problems in midfield are down to work rate. Too often this season it has been too pedestrian. We won last night because Hartlepool were awful. They strung 5 across the middle and all 5 were lazy too. A hard working 5 across the middle would have murdered our 4.

After we went 2-0 up last night the work rate dropped to nil and suddenly they were back in the game. That doesn't just apply to the midfield, but also to the hoofball merchants at the back and also the movement from the forwards - we though the game was in the bag and switched off.

One issue we might have with Windass is that he conserves energy and expects the ball to come to him. Which does make Davies an ideal foil for him.

I think hes a money grabbing little nob and alot of blues wouldnt want to see him back here just because of that....even if he is decent

Like your any different...

He didnt do us wrong... He always said he wanted to play for a bigger team...

Edited by oafc0000

I think hes a money grabbing little nob and alot of blues wouldnt want to see him back here just because of that....even if he is decent

If somebody offered you an extra £750,000 (guess, but insert alternative big number to suit) over 3 years, what would you do?

I don't think he'd improve the side. We got better after he left. But if you can show me anybody who would turn down such a massive amount of money to do the same job, you're a better man than I am.

Leeds are below us and Kilkenny doesn't even make their bench. But your right he's on more money! rot at Leeds. Twice helping the lad out is enough.

He is an arrogant penis of a man, he should have been slung out of BP last night, instead of being sat there with his bottom lip sticking out.

Any one with a right mind would have gone for more money, that is not an issue, because everyone of us would have jumped at the chance. He just need's to learn to be more humble and stop thinking he is the football superstar, which he clearly isn't!

But anyway good luck to him at Leeds, as someone else put in another post, the way Leeds are preforming at the moment they are heading for another financial meltdown.

And he never actually was an Oldham player which people seem to forget

No but we rescued his career twice and then offered him all the money we could and more or less guaranteed him first team football every week. However if he decides that getting paid more money to sell your soul and warm leeds' bench is what he wants thats fine with me, as long as he doesnt come back knocking on our door again.

He is an arrogant penis of a man, he should have been slung out of BP last night, instead of being sat there with his bottom lip sticking out.

Any one with a right mind would have gone for more money, that is not an issue, because everyone of us would have jumped at the chance. He just need's to learn to be more humble and stop thinking he is the football superstar, which he clearly isn't!

But anyway good luck to him at Leeds, as someone else put in another post, the way Leeds are preforming at the moment they are heading for another financial meltdown.

I am not interested if he's arrogant or not or whether he thinks he's ten men. My issue is this, the first time around he was a young player and Latics gave him a stage to perform on. The fans took to the lad and at Bradford he must have floated on air as he made his way off the pitch. The ovation and the chanting of his name he recieved, even TP made sure he enjoyed the moment by putting his arm around his shoulders telling him to listen and enjoy. But that's TP all over isn't it? he knows how to deal with young players and knows this job of a professional footballer is a priviledge. I will accept and knew then that his first time at Latics was all about gaining 1st team experience and if Kilkenny wanted to make it in the game at a higher level it was down to him cos the ability was there. He was always going back to his parent club and he simply had to, he simply had to give it a go.

As it turned out things went sour for Kilkenny. He'd got chances to establish himself, he'd had the starts, it wasn't a case he was over looked and never given the opportunity. Howver he never grasped the chance at Birmingham and his career was on hold, he was rotting away in the reserves and it was clear thats where he was staying. Now he didn't literally cry to the TTA, but he was desperate to end his Birmingham nightmare and the chance tokick start his career again and he was given great support here, so wanted back. The club answered his call and the fans accepted him back with welcome arms. Howver Kilkenny was struggling with an injury and eventually he was pulled from the team for treatment and rehab to give him the chance to perform to the level which we knew he was capable. Many weeks later after treatment and getting him match fit we were nearing the January window. Off to Leeds we went and during a fantastic team performance which allowed Kilkenny to finally shine that season (and he did) he put himself in the shop window with the club he was later to join. Latics made him their then best offer the TTA had ever made and promised to build a side around him...nope that wasn't good enough for our Neil and thew rest is history.

No for me Kilkenny as made his bed and this club, my club has done enough for him. I really really hope we go up this season and leave the massive Leeds behind (hopefully with a massive financial mess so deep they enter admin and this time dealt with properly so they then cannot do what they did this time and flash all the cash hidden under the carpet after coming out of admin) and Kilkenny behind. Some can call it sour grapes cos he left Latics, I don't care! I just don't want him back...not a third time.

Anyone think he was just a a loose end like most of us are on a Monday night LOL. He must be kicking himself for leaving. Some players wanna play football and earn decent money. Some players wanna get rich quick, but die trying - Kilkenny is the latter. Although I would welcome him back TBH