Dean Windass - Offered Contract For Next Season

Guest sheridans_world

Guest sheridans_world

Dean Windass just on sky sports news saying we have offered him a contract for next season.

He said he wants to carry on playing as long as he feels fit.

Hopefully we'll sign him full-time in the summer - I doubt it'll be more than a season contract though.

Dean Windass just on sky sports news saying we have offered him a contract for next season.

Hopefully we'll sign him full-time in the summer - I doubt it'll be more than a season contract though.

He said the same thing on his blog too - 18 month deal and was signed on an "emergency loan" which meant he was eligible for the match on Saturday if it had been played.

Great news. He's a very intelligent footballer and his hold up play & first touch were superb today.

This was already known. I reckon if he does as well as I think he might then we might struggle to keep him. Having said that, if he does as well as I think he might, we will probably go up. :)

Guest sheridans_world
He said the same thing on his blog too - 18 month deal and was signed on an "emergency loan" which meant he was eligible for the match on Saturday if it had been played.

Cracking signing - God knows how he'll play once he's trained with the squad for a week! His first touch is spot-on.

Cracking signing - God knows how he'll play once he's trained with the squad for a week! His first touch is spot-on.

I thought it was quite refreshing to see one of our strikers passing it to another one of our strikers!

:shock:

I thought that Windass' link up play was premier class tonight - showed in the first minute by playing in Hughes with a header.

Guest sheridans_world
I thought it was quite refreshing to see one of our strikers passing it to another one of our strikers!

:shock:

I thought that Windass' link up play was premier class tonight - showed in the first minute by playing in Hughes with a header.

And in the second minute with his pass through to Taylor...

I totally agree, I think he can only get better knowing the players. I think he was a bit frustrated at the service but jeesh, brilliant player.

Different Class :grin:

His first two touches were that header on for Hughes and an awesome drilled diagonal pass for Taylor. First 30 seconds or so and he'd already shown more class than I've seen in a Latics shirt all season. I have a feeling Hughes is going to enjoy playing alongside Windass. Just hope it's more than a couple of games.

And he went for that pile on a bit didnt he!

Windass is rubbish. Yes, he had a good few first touches but unless he has hidden qualities best to get rid ASAP. Both Davies and O'Grady are far better players.

Face facts all of you. He is 39. He has done it but he longer has the legs or the stamina. Don't delude yourselves.

Edited by Alec1954

Guest sheridans_world
Windass is rubbish. Yes, he had a good few first touches but unless he has hidden qualities best to get rid ASAP. Both Davies and O'Grady are far better players.

Face facts all of you. He is 39. He has done it but he longer has the legs or the stamina. Don't delude yourselves.

:shock::blink::huh:

You were watching Oldham Town wernt you?

Windass is Rubbish

Thats why he fired Hull into the premier league.

Jeeeeeeesus wept, did you actually go to Boundary Park or did you listen on the radio?

And in the second minute with his pass through to Taylor...

I totally agree, I think he can only get better knowing the players. I think he was a bit frustrated at the service but jeesh, brilliant player.

Different Class :grin:

Superb performance, definitely different class in first half. Looking forward to seeing him when match fit. His hold up play and neat touches showed what a great signin he will turn out to be, almost too good at one point in the second half as no one anticipated he cross field ball. Linked up well with both hughes and Davies. Nice to have the luxury of some quality attacking options now!!

We all have an opinion.....it may be that yours is not correct. Mine may not be correct, but I will not slander you.

Slander's a bit of a strong word innit? :laught16:

Let me tell you something - we all have opinions (otherwise we wouldn't bother contributing to a discussion forum would we?), and none of them are "correct". An opinion is just that, it isn't something that is right or wrong.

Edited by garcon

:laught16: :laught16: :laught16: :laught16: :laught30: :laught30: :laught30: :laught30:

:whoosh: :whoosh: :whoosh: :whoosh: :whoosh: :whoosh: :whoosh:

Thanks for that. I needed cheering up after a long day at the office and not getting food until after the game.

Cheers,

Harry

If Bradford come up to league 1 next season and you guys dont go up.. and his contract is till end of this season.. so wonder what he would do then especially if they came in for him?.

I think he has one more season after this maximum which isnt bad no more or less after that for me.

Our deal is that he's on loan from Hull til the end of the season, and then we have an option to sign him for a year. Certainly from what he's said in the last couple of days, it seems he intends to stay for 18 months. He says he intends to play to 42, so two more seasons.... seeing him tonight, I can believe it.