People Who Ruin The Game

Can't think of a church i've ever been in where the old dear in the hat behind me kept shouting "F@ck off God you're a useless tw*t" every 5 minutes but hey ho.....

You've never been to midnight mass then?

i find the moaners quite entertaining, it's always a consolation to know that however crap we're playing at least i don't have to go through my entire life being that miserable. I don't know how some of them made it through the post-Chris Moore season without topping themselves if they're that depressed when we're in a playoff place.

You've never been to midnight mass then?

Forgot to reply to this one t'other night. Only last (just) year I heard an Anglican "priest" plotting how he would get his midnight Christmas do going a bit early based on the likely exit time of the nearby pub so he would get through most of it before the piss-artists came in singing carols amd gernerally not taking it too seriously

Of course being a Catholic, I had to be half carried out of church by my dad just before midnight to be sick on the church steps, having got pissed at my teachers house party when I was, well, not a teenager...

Couple of points:

I'm totally against really laying into the players, because some go too far. The younger players are the easier targets because they do make a few mistakes and I don't start moaning. However, the older players like Allott and Gregan making consistently daft mistakes during the cousre of the game start to annoy me, and I do start to give them stick. I don't mean I start calling for them to be subbed, but more like "come on, what was that?". That's not over-critical. They've been around too long to be making silly mistakes all game. The odd few I don't bother with.

On the Shez front, he only ever starts having a dig when they go against his most important philosohpy: keep it simple. They're League One footballers, which is two divisions below the highest league in this country. If they're making stupid errors because they're tryna be clever, the coach has every right to give stick, especially if it's for going against what he obviously preaches all the time.

However, I wouldn't mind seeing more praise for the younger lads. Saying that, have you ever seen him blast one of the kids on the field? I'm tryna recall a time he has.