Smalley wont want to score again

Should have seen his face when he got up after the celebration, he didnt know what day it was after the players 'piled on him'. First Gregan fell on him then Windass not just falling on him but jumping in the air and landing on him. Poor lad looked like he had passed out under the weight. it was so funny as it was right in front of us :grin:

Should have seen his face when he got up after the celebration, he didnt know what day it was after the players 'piled on him'. First Gregan fell on him then Windass not just falling on him but jumping in the air and landing on him. Poor lad looked like he had passed out under the weight. it was so funny as it was right in front of us :grin:

Bloody hell.... remember Earthquake and Typhoon in the WWF??? Bet smalley now knows what their opponents felt like....

Edited by BigfinLatic

Today's rarely wrong Chron match report by Tony :clown: Bugby posed a very interesting question.

"Deane Smalley was handed a rare start, his first since the FA Cup defeat against Cheltenham Town in mid-November, and he hit Athletic’s winner"

"From the resulting corner, the ball was cleared to Smalley who sent a screamer into the top corner from outside the penalty area. Given his ability to hit the ball so cleanly, it is a mystery why he has found the net only twice this season."

:idea: ermmmm well that certainly is a mystery? Lets see I'm no rocket scientist but if I just consult my Hong Kong book of Kung-Fu could it be the fact that this was his first appearance since mid-November & that prior to last night's game he had made only 2 league apps (12sub) 2 FA Cup & 2 League Cup? hmmmm Could Be!

Yes surely 2 goals in 3 games is just not good enough, no wonder he lacks self belief.

Today's rarely wrong Chron match report by Tony :clown: Bugby posed a very interesting question.

"Deane Smalley was handed a rare start, his first since the FA Cup defeat against Cheltenham Town in mid-November, and he hit Athletic’s winner"

"From the resulting corner, the ball was cleared to Smalley who sent a screamer into the top corner from outside the penalty area. Given his ability to hit the ball so cleanly, it is a mystery why he has found the net only twice this season."

:idea: ermmmm well that certainly is a mystery? Lets see I'm no rocket scientist but if I just consult my Hong Kong book of Kung-Fu could it be the fact that this was his first appearance since mid-November & that prior to last night's game he had made only 2 league apps (12sub) 2 FA Cup & 2 League Cup? hmmmm Could Be!

Yes surely 2 goals in 3 games is just not good enough, no wonder he lacks self belief.

Actually that's 6 games plus sub appearances

Pic in the gallery of Windass just about to land on top !

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/Galle...1518166,00.html

That is a quality picture, show what it is about being a fan of football. All those smiling faces in the background as a team celebrate together, Shez has lost the dressing room, cliques, you're having a laugh.

That is a quality picture, show what it is about being a fan of football. All those smiling faces in the background as a team celebrate together, Shez has lost the dressing room, cliques, you're having a laugh.

I don;t know about losing the dressing room, but he had lost about half of OWTB going off last weeks threads.

I'd try a calculator instead of your Hong Kong book of Kung Fu next time mate... :laught16:

Actually smart :shakeit: I meant 2 goals in 3 league games.

Using a calculator as you suggested I worked out that in the League Cup Dean scored 0 goals & the rest of the team scored 0 goals v. Rochdale 0-0 (pens don't count) & Burnley 0-3.

Also Smalley was subbed at Half Time at Rochdale as a tactical switch because Davies got sent off.

He was also subbed at Burnley after 67 mins.

In the FA Cup I worked out he scored 0 away at Cheltenham but adding up the rest of the team's contribution I worked out we actually scored twice as we drew 2-2. In the replay I didn't need my calculator as I could work it out in my head! He got 0 again! & so did the others.

Actually smart :shakeit: I meant 2 goals in 3 league games.

Using a calculator as you suggested I worked out that in the League Cup Dean scored 0 goals & the rest of the team scored 0 goals v. Rochdale 0-0 (pens don't count) & Burnley 0-3.

Also Smalley was subbed at Half Time at Rochdale as a tactical switch because Davies got sent off.

He was also subbed at Burnley after 67 mins.

In the FA Cup I worked out he scored 0 away at Cheltenham but adding up the rest of the team's contribution I worked out we actually scored twice as we drew 2-2. In the replay I didn't need my calculator as I could work it out in my head! He got 0 again! & so did the others.

Perhaps then the problem lies not in the cleanliness of the strike, but the direction the ball subsequently takes? :wink: