Windass & Davies

Did anyone else see the potential in that partnership. I think he would make CD loads of chances with clever balls in behind the defence. I was really impressed by them 2 together last night. Saying that, Can we drop Hughsey ???

No dont think you can drop hughes and to be honest i thought windass and hughes looked a good partnership as well, but if hughes was too go in the next couple of weeks i would be happy to see a windass davies partnership.

Did anyone else see the potential in that partnership. I think he would make CD loads of chances with clever balls in behind the defence. I was really impressed by them 2 together last night. Saying that, Can we drop Hughsey ???

You don't drop Hughsey - if he stays then he plays - he has 14 for the season - if he is still around then 20 plus is a real possibility - Davies has looked good when coming on late in the game ('Udds and Pool) - he will cause problems and who knows maybe as part of a Hughes - Windass - Davies strikeforce? :wink:

So based on 15 minutes together you'd consider dropping Hughes? You're either mischief making, a dirty Leeds fan or still in nappies.

I thought there was definite potential there. Not sufficient to drop Hughes but enough to give us genuine options up top.

... more imporatntly, when said chances are created, could Davies hit a cows arse with a banjo...*

*not wearing a stockport shirt... of course :wink:

... more imporatntly, when said chances are created, could Davies hit a cows arse with a banjo...*

*not wearing a stockport shirt... of course :wink:

Dam I was just about to say he could in a Stockport shirt you beat me too it:grin:

So based on 15 minutes together you'd consider dropping Hughes? You're either mischief making, a dirty Leeds fan or still in nappies.

Come on son. Read before you reply. I said can we drop Hughes?? meaning hes a top player. Also, i am saying if hughesey does could i dont think its the end of the world.

I thought Windass Davies partnership was leathal yet so was Hughes. I dont think we can judge Windass untill another 3 or 4 games and its a little early to predict anything. Id still be worried if hughes goes because we know what were gonna get with Hughes.

After tonights display you could say that Hughes will score more with Windass and Davies would score a hat full with him even if he was coming off the bentch.

However Davies did come on when the defence was tired and he was only on 15 mins.

Yes lets drop someone who has score 14?

I think the pitch time together was incase Hughes leaves

lets hope not

:pray:

Dont think he was saying that. Hughes will always be selfish (Most strikers are) I hinnk windas could sit just behind hughes and Davies up top. Would try that at lowly Hereford. Stam Hazell and Gregan at the back

Fleming

Hazell Gregan Stam

Smalley/Eardley Whittaker Allott Taylor

Windass

Hughes Davies

Bench

Lewis

Maher

Stephens

Bell

Liddell

Worth a try at Hereford

Come on son. Read before you reply. I said can we drop Hughes?? meaning hes a top player. Also, i am saying if hughesey does could i dont think its the end of the world.

Son? Sorry didn't realise you were an OAP apologies for the lack of respect. I did read your comment and still can't understand why you want to stir the :censored:. I understand that it was a rhetorical question, i just don't see why you don't understand why we need 4 decent strikers, who all have different qualities.

Son? Sorry didn't realise you were an OAP apologies for the lack of respect. I did read your comment and still can't understand why you want to stir the :censored:. I understand that it was a rhetorical question, i just don't see why you don't understand why we need 4 decent strikers, who all have different qualities.

Oh come on mods make a "handbags" smiley:)

Windass made Davies look far better than he is.

This is true, y'see it was in fact Windass cleverly disguised as Davies who chased down all the balls into the corners and around the box, it was Windass who cut in had a shot unluckily blocked which would have otherwise gone in, it was in fact Windass who almost played in Smalley at the back post, it was in fact Windass who ran the legs off the Hartlepool defence for the last 15 minutes.

Can we drop Hughes?

No, definitely not, but maybe the link up between Davies and Windass late on shows that the world won't necessarily end if Lee decides to go.

Edit: Although I agree a Hughes/Windass partnership has to be Plan A and will - injuries allowing - give us every chance of mkaing up the gap to 2nd place (I think we can forget about top - that's Leicester's by a big margin).

Edited by garcon