Doubt Grayson would let him leave for a rival.

But hey, it could happen.

And being honest do we have the budget to take him? considering we have offered Hughesy an extraordinary deal and Windy will be on a pretty high wage too.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

Doubt Grayson would let him leave for a rival.

But hey, it could happen.

And being honest do we have the budget to take him? considering we have offered Hughesy an extraordinary deal and Windy will be on a pretty high wage too.

To be entirely honest, I thought about the same factors myself. We'll see what happens.

id have him back.....but i dont hold a grudge. but i would also prefer wellens

And i'd prefer Messi up front, but it aint gonna happen...

.. I'd have KK back in a second, as has been said, he would have to know he would be working for his place... but as an option in the squad I dont think anyone would turn him down on a footballing basis.... I also wouldnt mind seeing him on the right wing... played there mostly for Dirty Leeds last season...

... disliking him, well thats another matter....

Okay, I know i'm going to get stick about reliable sources etc.. but, I have on extremely good authority we have made an approach to sign Mr Kilkenny on loan.

Beleive me or not, I dont mind but i'm just passing on information I have heard.

Brilliant if true but how the hell we would finance it....God only knows.

For me it would be the final piece in the jigsaw and could be the difference between a play off and auto.

Fingers crossed!!!

When we signed him last season he was hailed as a God, he was put on a pedestal and it's our and the clubs fault for making Killer think he was bigger than the club.

I remember this headline in particular:

"Latics hit midfield jackpot"

It just boosted his ego and made him look down on us.

He had the big balls attitude and pretty much thought he was untouchable. We thought he was that good we even played him injured against Swansea.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

We've had players in the past who have played well here, but have not really done much elsewhere. Kilkenny could be one of them. I'd have him back in a flash, I still think we miss someone with his flair and ability in midfield, but I won't cry myself to sleep at night, if we don't sign him back.

I saw him out a couple of times in Royton and he never came across as arrogant to me, and on the couple of occasions I saw him, he was drinking Orange.

I know several Royton Bar owners who would be delighted to see him back at Latics.

Like most on here ability wise would love him back but there is still the nagging doubt about his attitude.

Still spends most of his time round these parts. One Royton bar in particular.

He was even in there until 3am on the day they were playing Doncaster at home.

They lost 1-0. Within hours of the defeat he was back in the same bar. He seemed surprised when it was suggested to him that maybe going home at 3am Saturday morning wasn't entirely the ideal preparation for a game!

Hes A Little Nob

If he comes back, which i doubt, He'll be getting told by Greegs hazell allot lids windass and hughesey to keep his stupid little rants to himself and get on with playing football. As someone said before, his best game was leeds away, where he played with energy and looked like he wanted it, but only because he was trying to earn himself a big signing on fee ... hes a tosser

Not a team player .....bad attitude to younger players..not as good as he thinks he is..disloyal...is that enough?

How is he disloyal? He wasnt contracted to this club. Im sure if you played for a similar sized club to us who you didnt support and Leeds came along with a big offer you would jump at the chance. You would probably even think about it if you did play for us because like it or not Leeds compared to Latics are a massive club.

Not a team player .....bad attitude to younger players..not as good as he thinks he is..disloyal...is that enough?

It wouldn't be the right blend if we had a team of 'team' players.....you have to have a little individualism in any successful side and there's no doubt Kilkenny has that in abundance.

Bad attutude to younger players?.............. Well, he's only young himself and perhaps all he needs is better guidance.

Disloyal??? I would hardly call trying to better yourself as being disloyal!

Could be that he would be better as a big fish in a little pond as he has failed to make his mark now at two big clubs.

We are all different and if Shez could manage his character to get the best out of him he would be a bloody great signing and personally I would welcome him back with open arms!!!!