Not again...

The Great Escape.

Sorry to those who don't mind it or actually really like it, but I'm abit fed up of it.

Sat in the RRE, I heard a few groans behind me when the drummer started it off, again, late in the second-half.

Is there not a new song we could have?

Not that simple!

We have tried many a time but we've failed to get a unique song.

Its was qaulity at huddersfield. not last night

I agree about Huddersfield Macca (can't comment on last night's). For me it seemed to fit the match at Huddersfield as were "under siege" for most of the match and need to rally the players with some support. And it pished off the Udders no end. :grin:

I quite like it and it worked well at Udders.

There is always a good atmosphere in RRE when there is a big crowd on.

And when there is a small crowd its not as good but thought it was half decent in there last night. Perhaphs because we were winning and the moaners didnt get chance to get into full swing.

I didn't understand it at Hudders as we were winning 1-0 at the time we were not escaping anything. If we had been loosing 1-0 and then led 2-1 I could understand it but not when leading 1-0. It worked at Hudders though because the fans joined in and having 3,000 of us (which is not much less than we had last night) in one stand helps (it doesn't matter about who goes- more a fact of loads of people are jammed in). In the drummer's defence I would say he has improved a bit this year and he has contributed to the atmosphere positively a lot more. Songs are all well and good but Boys in Blue won't work. Plus what works in front of many more Germans than we get at BP won't work at BP so can people stop suggesting it, as in this country if you turn up with a loud haler you look a :censored:, your team looks like :censored: and you probably won't get it past the Health and Safety brigade in their luminous coats. The same can be said for jumping up and down in unison. The Germans wouldn't come up with our two best chants of the last 9 months - the Mark Allot one and the Chrissy Taylor one (as they require a sense of humour and an ability to self-depricate) so why should we use something the Germans do. The same could be said for Shelbourne (or whoever foreign people like to reference when chant/crowd suggestions comes up). Here's a suggestion why don't all those people who like to get behind the team on here actually predict (which can't be that hard since it involves the same players usually) when people are going to moan and out shout them with encouragement. When you can't hear the moaners is a good time to start thinking up a song (or browsing You Tube to find a reference to something which won't work but worked for someone else).

I didn't understand it at Hudders as we were winning 1-0 at the time we were not escaping anything. If we had been loosing 1-0 and then led 2-1 I could understand it but not when leading 1-0. It worked at Hudders though because the fans joined in and having 3,000 of us (which is not much less than we had last night) in one stand helps (it doesn't matter about who goes- more a fact of loads of people are jammed in). In the drummer's defence I would say he has improved a bit this year and he has contributed to the atmosphere positively a lot more. Songs are all well and good but Boys in Blue won't work. Plus what works in front of many more Germans than we get at BP won't work at BP so can people stop suggesting it, as in this country if you turn up with a loud haler you look a :censored:, your team looks like :censored: and you probably won't get it past the Health and Safety brigade in their luminous coats. The same can be said for jumping up and down in unison. The Germans wouldn't come up with our two best chants of the last 9 months - the Mark Allot one and the Chrissy Taylor one (as they require a sense of humour and an ability to self-depricate) so why should we use something the Germans do. The same could be said for Shelbourne (or whoever foreign people like to reference when chant/crowd suggestions comes up). Here's a suggestion why don't all those people who like to get behind the team on here actually predict (which can't be that hard since it involves the same players usually) when people are going to moan and out shout them with encouragement. When you can't hear the moaners is a good time to start thinking up a song (or browsing You Tube to find a reference to something which won't work but worked for someone else).

I almost shed a tear reading that, from the heart that was.

Like you said, I was browsing YouTube, it was a suggestion or could be said as an opinion.

There was a thread made a while back that I made, and loads of Latics fans wrote down their ideas. I'll fetch it...

How many people sing along to that, never mind raise their scarves.

I think we should do this (click here) - Pipi Långstrumpf!

That would be brilliant, but its simply not gonna happen.

People have tried to get songs/chants etc going, something which would be unique to us, but it never happens, it will take a bright idea to get it instilled.

That would be brilliant, but its simply not gonna happen.

People have tried to get songs/chants etc going, something which would be unique to us, but it never happens, it will take a bright idea to get it instilled.

Yeah you're right. There was ment to be a sense of sarcasm yet the fact it could be a possibility. It would be good if we went to Wembley though!

Myself and about 5 other people who take this p*ss 'cause I am a huge SGE fan starting doing it and it was quite funny.

This season's objective is to escape League One. I think you'll agree that would be a great escape. So every time we're in the lead, we're a step nearer that objective. :bluearmy:

That ladies and gentlemen can be found in the Pine Villa Bible.

Here we go again. People try to create an atmosphere and some people arent happy with the song selection. Maybe we need make some hymn sheets then we will all be happy

Well whatever you're into but do it so many times and people will complain. We're football fans, Oldham fans! Of course we complain!

Though I am suggesting, not complaining*.

Edited by OAFCguy

I didn't understand it at Hudders as we were winning 1-0 at the time we were not escaping anything.

Come on doc, let's have a bit of artistic licence. :grin:

If we apply logic to our songs to determine if we they're appropriate at that moment in time we'd be left with nothing:

No singing "Oh When The Blues" if we're not playing in blue (usually away).

No chanting of "Zigga Zagga" because the Chaddy doesn't "roar" any more.

No chanting of "I'm a b*st*rd" if we're not playing any teams from across the Pennines.

Etc. etc., ad. inf.

I refer to this thread's heading but not regarding singing.

Not again........the Chaddy End Bookmaker was in a world of his own again last night!

Obviously Hughes was favourite for first goal - even he couldn't get that one wrong!

Then the next three were:

O'Grady 11/2

Windass 11/2

Byfield 11/2

The first goal scorer/correct score forecast listed O'Grady but not Windass. I know it was just a matter of reading "O'Grady" as Windass, but it's an indication of sloppiness and a lack of knowledge about Latics. Could he be a Red? :unsure: