Not again...

Come on doc, let's have a bit of artistic licence. :grin:

If we apply logic to our songs to determine if we they're appropriate at that moment in time we'd be left with nothing:

No singing "Oh When The Blues" if we're not playing in blue (usually away).

No chanting of "Zigga Zagga" because the Chaddy doesn't "roar" any more.

No chanting of "I'm a b*st*rd" if we're not playing any teams from across the Pennines.

Etc. etc., ad. inf.

You aren't allowed to chant Zigga Zagga at home games in the Chaddy unless your the fat bloke that does it apparently (well you might not get the desired response anyway) and I think it could be used more at away games. The I'm a bas**rd chant can be substituted with lots of different places if you actually know your Geography (Cumbrian when playing Carlisle for example) and those that don't know their Geography can call teams like Chesterfield and Scunthorpe Yorkshire despite (and I'm whispering this) Oldham being a lot closer to Yorkshire than those places. The point I was trying to make was that I didn't understand why the drummer went for the Great Escape when he did (or was it maybe he had just learnt it).

You aren't allowed to chant Zigga Zagga at home games in the Chaddy unless your the fat bloke that does it apparently (well you might not get the desired response anyway) and I think it could be used more at away games. The I'm a bas**rd chant can be substituted with lots of different places if you actually know your Geography (Cumbrian when playing Carlisle for example) and those that don't know their Geography can call teams like Chesterfield and Scunthorpe Yorkshire despite (and I'm whispering this) Oldham being a lot closer to Yorkshire than those places. The point I was trying to make was that I didn't understand why the drummer went for the Great Escape when he did (or was it maybe he had just learnt it).

Hmm, I'd never thought of that or maybe, subconsciously, I didn't want to as I'm not too mad on the "I'm a bas***d" chant... Surely, the number of syllables has to be considered though? Cum-bri-an = ok. South-ern-er = ok?

Anyway, point taken on the drummer. I think I read somewhere else on here that he had just learnt the Great Escape - I'm looking forward to next year's new drumming arrangement already! :grin:

Hmm, I'd never thought of that or maybe, subconsciously, I didn't want to as I'm not too mad on the "I'm a bas***d" chant... Surely, the number of syllables has to be considered though? Cum-bri-an = ok. South-ern-er = ok?

Anyway, point taken on the drummer. I think I read somewhere else on here that he had just learnt the Great Escape - I'm looking forward to next year's new drumming arrangement already! :grin:

Southerner wouldn't work as it doesn't rhyme. Its rhyming couplet is Yes I am, so it would need to rhyme with am. So Cockneyman might work, as might Scouserman but not Southerner/Midlander.

Southerner wouldn't work as it doesn't rhyme. Its rhyming couplet is Yes I am, so it would need to rhyme with am. So Cockneyman might work, as might Scouserman but not Southerner/Midlander.

Syllables and couplets? :disappointed: This is getting tricky - no wonder we resort to the bang-bang-bang chants... or nick them from other more inventive fans...

At last someone has recognised that there is more than meets the ear to this songwriting lark!

Definitely Terry. After seeing the effect of "tired" or "warmed-up" anthems on an unmotivated team (Carlisle at home), we could be at stake of losing our momentum and missing out on promotion for yet another season in League One. The impact on TTA's business plan is immeasurable. To that end, I'm in the middle of a lengthy letter to the TTA suggesting we immediately send at least one member of the following groups on a song-writing course: Chaddy Choir. Paddock Army (Exiled). Rocky Rumblers*. Main Stand Moaners*. Any others I've missed?

* I made those up BTW