Benitez on Taggart/ManUre - Telling it like it is!

I used him merely as the most convenient example, could say the same about Lampard and "JT" (how cringeworthy) at Chelsea, Stevie "Superman" Ireland at city, could go on but wont.

I would have hoped that the rest of my post indicated that genuine, reasonable match going United fans (of which, despite popular belief, there are a few thousand left, thank god) dont occupy "a little land of paranoia", I acknowledge good football and good players when I see them. Didnt see the press mention the United fans who stayed on at the end the other week and applauded Torres off the pitch at the end of the match. He was, and is genuine top drawer world class (thanks Martin Ferguson for not recomending him!) and I will always recognise when we are beaten by quality.

In one sense Gerrard has nothing to do with us, but in another he is after all captain of our fiercest rivals who we are currently battling it out for that all important 18th title. i know im not obsessed with him or his club, i just want to see ourselves finish above them each and every season, same as i do the other 18 clubs.

i actually cringe when we are playing, say, Wigan or somebody similar, and all some reds sing about is bleeding Gerrard, Murderers and city, we have enough cracking songs for our own club and players without resorting to that.

Now as a united fan, im hoping some of what ive said makes some oldham fans realise were not all japanese tourists/arrogant gloryhunters or "in our own little land of paranoia" but i appreciate that some will read it and still think "red scum".

ah well, c'est la vie.

You say you could have used others as an example, but you didn't. Twice, in a debate that had nothing to do with Gerrard, you brought him up merely to have a go at him, which suggests to me that you have a problem with him, much as you say Diego does with Ferguson and Man U.

It is hard sometimes not to tar all Utd fans with the same brush, i.e.: out of town glory hunters, and whilst I appreciate many are not, you'll get little sympathy on an Oldham Athletic message board if you are a Man U fan of any description.

Whether that’s right or wrong that's the way it is, and in just the same way that you have an intense dislike for Liverpool (and others I've no doubt), most Latics fans (myself included) feel the same way about your club. Whether that is reciprocated is absolutely irrelevant.

You say you could have used others as an example, but you didn't. Twice, in a debate that had nothing to do with Gerrard, you brought him up merely to have a go at him, which suggests to me that you have a problem with him, much as you say Diego does with Ferguson and Man U.

It is hard sometimes not to tar all Utd fans with the same brush, i.e.: out of town glory hunters, and whilst I appreciate many are not, you'll get little sympathy on an Oldham Athletic message board if you are a Man U fan of any description.

Whether that’s right or wrong that's the way it is, and in just the same way that you have an intense dislike for Liverpool (and others I've no doubt), most Latics fans (myself included) feel the same way about your club. Whether that is reciprocated is absolutely irrelevant.

no i didnt, due to the fact he was the most recent of our rivals that we played, and also is the most hyped one. i could have mentioned to do with john terrys red card at city being rescinded earlier this season, and lampard should have been sent off at old trafford for a stamp on ronaldo in january, but wouldnt want you thinking im obsessed with chelsea. I dont "have a problem" wih him, hes a cracking player, bit of a snide tackler, but im sure we used to have some irish fella who was similar. i didnt bring him up merely to have a go at him, but to illustrate the differing treatment of him compared to other players due to his perceived world class status.

yep, we do get tarred with the same brush, and when discussing football in the pub with people you see some glaze over straight away when you say your a united fan, their problem really, not mine, and i would not expect any sympathy on here, i dont come on for that (or to cause trouble) but to look at the fan culture at Oldham.

i do dislike liverpool (wouldnt say intensely, i dont have that strong a feeling about anybody really, not even the ex wife :wink: ) but thats reciprocated, what i cant understand is the dislike, sometimes bordering on hatred, United get from other fans, not just of Oldham but of teams like Stoke (i really will never be able to work that one out). if its down to our perceived arrogance as supporters, and a tendancy to lose poorly (which most of the reds i know dont), then as ive said earlier, you show me a happy loser, ill show you a loser

• 4 weeks later...
Fergie is laughing is way to the top of the Premier league... with all the referees merrily dancing behind him...

:)

When told Riley was a United supporter by reporters, Moyes had dodged the issue, saying: "If that's true why don't you ask the FA?"

And Ferguson believes that could have been a factor in the 44-year-old referee's judgement.

"I think it might have been," Ferguson said. "I'm not saying that for certain. I've no idea if it affected the decision but you never know. It may have. It can prey on a referee's mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy-ZoxX9oYc

alex_ferguson2_1387288c.jpg

Yep, looks like a combination of the very poor pitch and the referee for this one.

Well somebody has got to carry the can because no way were they beaten fair and square.

Some might not know it but I believe Everton played on a different pitch, while the referee being a Man Ure fan was apparently a bad thing for them.

Fergusons a senile arl git that needs putting out to pasture or sending the knackers yard like a knackered cart horse.

Spouting his usual :censored:e last week about Rafa saying he has no right to call Everton a small club and that rafa disrespected verton in that way, well it wasnt so long ago he was saying that about Wenger, when he said "Arsenal were only a small club and what did Wenger know about football because he had been coaching in Japan"

Then, yesterday, the biggest disrespect you can play to another club is to send out your second string players, Why?? Because he thought he could beat Everton with that side, showed no respect to Moyes at all yesterday and got his just desserts.

Your time is coming to an end ferguson, your arse is twitching and you dont like it.

Remember when he said "Liverpool, I am going to knock them of their f*cking perch" bring it on whiskey nose.

Double standards that fella has, and unfortunetly nobody has the bollocks to stand up to him.

Janet