citee going a bit desperate?

Manchester City have offered AC Milan £100m in cash for Brazilian superstar Kaka, who will earn £500,000 a week gross if he signs for the Premier League side. (Daily Mail, 2301 GMT)

eh?

£71,428 a day...?

£2976 an hour?

£49.60 a minute?

get the feeling if this comes off ,the obsenity laws will need to be re-wrote.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the way the tabloids play with the numbers. Ooh that doesn't look sensational enough, lets multiply it by three....!

If the slightly more reliable news sources are to be believed (Daily Sport perhaps?), it's £60M and £200k a week.

If this grotesque behaviour from clubs like Citeh during horific economic hardships for 99% of supports doesn't highlight the need for a practical and fiscal salary cap then I don't know what will.

In three weeks Kaka could be pulling in the more realistic figure of £600,000. That's, at a guess, the entire starting lineups of league 4 wages for a week.

Disgusting. Wrong. Shameful.

Manchester City have offered AC Milan £100m in cash for Brazilian superstar Kaka, who will earn £500,000 a week gross if he signs for the Premier League side. (Daily Mail, 2301 GMT)

eh?

£71,428 a day...?

£2976 an hour?

£49.60 a minute?

get the feeling if this comes off ,the obsenity laws will need to be re-wrote.

isn't beckham on similar wages over the pond???

If this grotesque behaviour from clubs like Citeh during horific economic hardships for 99% of supports doesn't highlight the need for a practical and fiscal salary cap then I don't know what will.

In three weeks Kaka could be pulling in the more realistic figure of £600,000. That's, at a guess, the entire starting lineups of league 4 wages for a week.

Actually I couldn't give a toss. It ain't my money that's being wasted on the latest hilarity, he can burn it however he likes.

Not even the great Kaka is enough to keep citeh from disaster. Costly all star team down by March is my prediction. The likes of us could pick up the pieces in a fire sale. Surely there's space for Robinho on our bench.

Not even the great Kaka is enough to keep citeh from disaster. Costly all star team down by March is my prediction. The likes of us could pick up the pieces in a fire sale. Surely there's space for Robinho on our bench.

I know you're being daft. But I'd be looking through the Citeh reserves/youth with a fine tooth comb if I was Shez/TP as I'm sure there are a lot second/third string players fearful they'll never play again should Citeh manage to bring in what they hoped. Plus they don't need the cash so you can offer them half a button and some lint - our usual transfer budget! :lol:

I know you're being daft. But I'd be looking through the Citeh reserves/youth with a fine tooth comb if I was Shez/TP as I'm sure there are a lot second/third string players fearful they'll never play again should Citeh manage to bring in what they hoped. Plus they don't need the cash so you can offer them half a button and some lint - our usual transfer budget! :lol:

Indeed. But let's not forget that kaka is French for "poo". :toilet:

I was thinking this earlier today, of course using FM09 as the source of all footballing knowledge - Shalem Logan young D/WB L/R - just what we need lads like this will never get near their first team soon.

I think it's hilarious that even when offered £500K a week a player still doesn't want to join Man City :laught16:

Despite what is being reported he didn't exactly say that on ACTV (or whatever it is). He's said he wants to stay there as long as possible (and grow old), but if the club agree something with someone else then that would be different.

Whatever happens with Kaka, you get the feeling that City will have a significantly better bunch of players after the transfer window than before it.

Despite what is being reported he didn't exactly say that on ACTV (or whatever it is). He's said he wants to stay there as long as possible (and grow old), but if the club agree something with someone else then that would be different.

Whatever happens with Kaka, you get the feeling that City will have a significantly better bunch of players after the transfer window than before it.

*cough* Wayne Bridge *cough*

:lol: