Will the club be able to resist an offer like this?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Tays is improving all the time, he'll be ready to play championship football soon and possibly premiership football at his peak.

Recent dip in form notwithstanding, Taylor has been better for us this season than Crofty was during his loan spell – Croft often lacked end product whereas Taylor has scored plenty of goals as well as tying defences up. He could step up into the Championship now and I don’t think it would make much difference to his game or effectiveness, if anything he would less often be double and treble marked so could really have a go at his full back. Whether he can make it in the Premiership is probably down to whether he adds the football brain and awareness that Shez was talking about.

Recent dip in form notwithstanding, Taylor has been better for us this season than Crofty was during his loan spell – Croft often lacked end product whereas Taylor has scored plenty of goals as well as tying defences up. He could step up into the Championship now and I don’t think it would make much difference to his game or effectiveness, if anything he would less often be double and treble marked so could really have a go at his full back. Whether he can make it in the Premiership is probably down to whether he adds the football brain and awareness that Shez was talking about.

Croft...No end product??? If you mean scoring goals fair enough but I thought he was the best winger we've had since Adams and Holden.

I'd have him back tomorrow..No question!!

Croft...No end product??? If you mean scoring goals fair enough but I thought he was the best winger we've had since Adams and Holden.

I'd have him back tomorrow..No question!!

I liked him, don't get me wrong - I'd have him back before Kilkenny, that's for sure - but I reckon that if you actually work the numbers out you'd be surprised how few assists he provided either. Obviously there's lies, damned lies and what I do for a living, but other players have created more.

We aint going to get 2 mill for him though as long as we are in this division

We will get 1.5 mill absolute max

I agree - we never get the "going rate" transfer fees. Look at our past transfers for evidence. Wimbledon on the other hand always seemed to do well - especially from City!

If Taylor does go, I thought the Hartlepool No.19 who came on in the second half looked useful - I know running Eardley ragged isn't much of a yardstick but he beat other players, seemed to have skill and pace and I think put int he wicked cross that poor Lomax smashed into the roof of the net. Just a thought.

If Taylor does go, I thought the Hartlepool No.19 who came on in the second half looked useful - I know running Eardley ragged isn't much of a yardstick but he beat other players, seemed to have skill and pace and I think put int he wicked cross that poor Lomax smashed into the roof of the net. Just a thought.

I think this would make a Wolves bid for Taylor more unlikely now

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...utd/7830985.stm

Eek I missed a relegation!

Except Edwards had lost his pace after injury, wasn't that good and even relegated Port Vale fans didn't rate him.

league two ??.......what planet was i on with the original post ??.....but more importantly, i meant to say marc tierney, NOT paul edwards!!

i really rated tierney as a fast and solid l.back with good distribution....wish we still had him as he`d fit very nicely in the present squad.

Plus our close neighbours have now entered the fray :huh:

Leeds are ready to table a £1million bid for Oldham winger Chris Taylor – but face a battle from Wolves :lol: But where the hell will the money to pay for him come from? Bates is as tight as a gnats chaff

Plus our close neighbours have now entered the fray :huh:

Leeds are ready to table a £1million bid for Oldham winger Chris Taylor – but face a battle from Wolves :lol: But where the hell will the money to pay for him come from? Bates is as tight as a gnats chaff

lt would be typical if he signs for Leeds and scores against Latics at BP.

the ever reliable News of the World mention today Reading may turn to Oldhams Chris Taylor

And why not if they lose Hunt whose turning quite a few heads in his direction :wink:

I think we should end all this speculation and name our price...............then if someone meets that valuation sell and same with Hughes, time to steady the ship and stop the wobble and unsettlement that's manfested itself amongst the players.

If it isn't going to happen then everyone at the club can turn their attention to making those play-offs, going up automatically is highly unlikely given our inability to turn over most of the lower placed sides we come up against :mad: