Hartlepool game highlights

great goals.... and how good was windass's free kick?

best bit of the video clip is about 1min 55 or so when a certain number 16 comes flying in... after the replay you see smalley get up and check his ribs????

I really enjoyed watching these highlights. We looked great! Some lovely passing, holding of the ball, tracking back (at the right time) to open space for midfield/forwards, the flick-ons from Windass were sublime (specially the back heal volley), players shouting out for the ball (sometimes players don't want to touch the ball in case they make a mistake) etc.

The only thing I can think of that the team needs is some more mutual bonding on and off the pitch. The pile-up on Smalley was hilarious.

I am even quite shocked as to why, on other threads, Eards had been criticised. I thought he looked good going forward and then coming back to cover for Smalley who was often out of position (my only concern- but his goal was worth the risk).

Some people also state that we do not currently have players who are able to compete at a higher level. To this I say, "booo!". The fact that we play better against better teams is a fact. We don't like playing lower league football. We're much better than we give ourselves credit for. We ARE capable of playing well in the championship, we just have to play scrappy football against (s)crappy teams to get out of it. If we continue Saturdays form (and I don't see why we can't) we will do it.

Keep the Faith.

From Japan

I really enjoyed watching these highlights. We looked great! Some lovely passing, holding of the ball, tracking back (at the right time) to open space for midfield/forwards, the flick-ons from Windass were sublime (specially the back heal volley), players shouting out for the ball (sometimes players don't want to touch the ball in case they make a mistake) etc.

The only thing I can think of that the team needs is some more mutual bonding on and off the pitch. The pile-up on Smalley was hilarious.

I am even quite shocked as to why, on other threads, Eards had been criticised. I thought he looked good going forward and then coming back to cover for Smalley who was often out of position (my only concern- but his goal was worth the risk).

Some people also state that we do not currently have players who are able to compete at a higher level. To this I say, "booo!". The fact that we play better against better teams is a fact. We don't like playing lower league football. We're much better than we give ourselves credit for. We ARE capable of playing well in the championship, we just have to play scrappy football against (s)crappy teams to get out of it. If we continue Saturdays form (and I don't see why we can't) we will do it.

Keep the Faith.

From Japan

Highlights can be decptive. In this case, there were many Windass gems and many Eardley errors omitted. We are likely to improve when the players tune into Windy's wavelength and anticipate what he's going to do, having seen it in training.

It's certainly looking like onwards and upwards, subject to transfer window activity.

** Didnt realise how good Hughes finish was

*** Surely that was a booking for the foul on Windass? big lunge!

**** Didnt realise Lomax's error was so bad, I thought it was just a flick off him but its a massive deflection he had time to deal with

Oh well least we scored 3 at home :grin:

What a finish from Kelvin.

Hughesy and Deano would have been proud of that one.

The irony was that at the end of the first half Lomax burst clear of their defence and was about to shoot when the ref blew for half-time. Kelvin held out his arms in despair and lobbed the keeper perfectly for what would have been a great goal.The ball was left in the net as the ref waited to receive it to walk off the pitch. I expected to have heard since that Lomax had been booked for 'scoring' after the whistle and not retrieving the ball. It appears that he escaped the booking.

Kelvin's own goal was the best seen at the Chaddy End since big Kevin Francis scored for us while playing for Birmingham. :grin:

lip read lomax as he walks away after the own goal, brilliant, wouldnt be allowed on here though. :shock:

Gregan was also mouthing something - what's new do I hear you say?

Then in the final minute another low hard cross came from that side and Gregan blasted it inches wide of the post......there, but for the grace of God, it would have been an equaliser and calls on here for Shez out!

nope!!

definately in front of the chaddy..... i can still see it rolling in past their keeper (burridge???) in slow mo!

It was one of those great moments when you realise it's going in at least 3 seconds before it actually does, and there's nothing anybody can do to stop it. It was also the only way we were ever going to score that day.....