One thing that puzzles me?

I am a Latics die hard like most of us who come on here, but sometimes I dont understand some of the nonesense that is posted at times.

I understand that people want to see our younger players come through the ranks - ala Taylor. Before people jump down my throat, I am not saying that our youth players are not good enough, I am just posting what ive seen.

Smalley - Yes I agree, he looks to have lots of potential. But he is very hot and cold, and looks to be lacking in confidence. I dont think Shez helps, cos he puts Smalley and Lee in one min then they not in the squad the next. Smalley is a young lad, whe seems to flutuate in form, IMO he is not a starting 11 player yet. A run at Stockport would do him the world of good.

Lewis - Bags on Bags of ability, gets knocked over to easy for me, super hatrick against Scunny, didnt turn up in ne next 3 games. Like Smalley is learning the game. A run on loan would also do him good, A latics player of the future if we can keep hold of him, He needs to learn how to score goals, we dont have the time and freedom to risk our promotion chase this season, too much of a risk. Hughes, Windass, Davis will get you goals at this level.

Wolfy -Simply too small, and a League 2 player at best. He will never get in our side unless we have a crisis.

All I am saying is that Smalley and Lewis are good young players that need to go out on loan and get regular games and score goals, Shez will never risk his own job and promotion by not bringing Davies back and signing Windass. I was LMAO when I read some comments on here about Lewis taking the strikers helm if Hughes goes (what do we need Windass for!!) The youth is not the answer in a promotion run in, You could play Allessandra and Smalley for the rest of the season and I would be suprised if they scored 7 goals between them. It would ruin them.

Give them time to become better players. We have a great youth policy, not every one with progress like Taylor has.

THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT, THE FUTURE IS FLUO AND BLUE!

KEEP THE FAITH

Good post mate, i think your right.

it dosent help when people pick a young lad for a boo boy does it. i think deano and lewis would get the full benifit of going out on loan, didnt we send taylor out on loan to barrow or some where ? now look at him

its all about patients with the young lads but most latics fans dont have that.

Edited by LaticsLee

it dosent help when people pick a young lad for a boo boy does it. i think deano and lewis would get the full benifit of going out on loan, didnt we send taylor out on loan to barrow or some where ? now look at him

They are footballers not doctors.

Derek.

Wadsworth checks himself into Oldham hospital.

You cant win being a latics fan. I am only 32 and went to my first game when I was about 10, so I have seen some amazing highs and also some shocking starting 11's. The same moaners who scream for our younger players to start are the same people who scream to high heaven when we fail. I think Smalley and Lewis will be great latics players in the next 2 seasons, even if we get promotion. 6 month and 22 games each in League one/two would bring them on no end. Like I said shez doesnt have the time to give them that at the moment. If we were mid table, he probable would have, but then again he probably would be sacked too?

LOL :lol:

We can always recall them if needed, so dont see the problem TBH, some people see loaning as just a way to get shut of someone, or get rid of a wage. With Lewis and Smalley I think it would be for the experience and to get regular games, which would make our squas even better. Its not like Shez is really using them. Even less now Davies is back.

Edited by Eddie_m'gurk

You cant win being a latics fan. I am only 32 and went to my first game when I was about 10, so I have seen some amazing highs and also some shocking starting 11's. The same moaners who scream for our younger players to start are the same people who scream to high heaven when we fail. I think Smalley and Lewis will be great latics players in the next 2 seasons, even if we get promotion. 6 month and 22 games each in League one/two would bring them on no end. Like I said shez doesnt have the time to give them that at the moment. If we were mid table, he probable would have, but then again he probably would be sacked too?

LOL :lol:

they would be great players if they had the minutes on the pitch. why dont shez send them out on loan with the option of re-calling them ? we have davies, windass, hughes for now with o'grady out on loan.

wouldnt that be enough ?

they would be great players if they had the minutes on the pitch. why dont shez send them out on loan with the option of re-calling them ? we have davies, windass, hughes for now with o'grady out on loan.

wouldnt that be enough ?

Ogrady is a different kettle of fish - I think he has been shafted, and dont agree with the stick he has had. He is on loan because shez has suddenly realised he doesnt fancy him anymore, after he has been chasing him for 12 months, ala Thompson, ala Kalala. Feel sorry for him TBH. Smalley and Lewis would grow up very quickly on loan

I agree with a lot of what you say Eddie. I’m not 100% sure though. Smalley and Alessandra were thrown in at the deep end last season, probably a year too early, but now that they have that experience I would like to see them pushing into the first team squad and showing that they are good enough. Agree though that no manager is going to start them above a player like Windass or Hughes when his own career is on the line.

I agree with a lot of what you say Eddie. I’m not 100% sure though. Smalley and Alessandra were thrown in at the deep end last season, probably a year too early, but now that they have that experience I would like to see them pushing into the first team squad and showing that they are good enough. Agree though that no manager is going to start them above a player like Windass or Hughes when his own career is on the line.

Its confidence with them both, neither have a ruthless streak - If they not getting games here, I would be happy with them getting 10 games somewhere else - Rochdale, Macclesfield, Bury, Stockport, somewhere that doesnt unsettle them?

I actually listened to someone the other day who said

" I dont understand why we are bringing Windass to the club, whats he going to do that Lewis cant "

I said - Score GOALS!

This is the mentality of some of our fans.

Although our goals per game ratio is higher when Lewis plays. Just because he doesn't score sackloads doesn't mean the team isn't stronger for him being on the pitch.

I'd play him with Hughes ahead of Davies any day.

But I'd pair Hughes and Windass first and possibly see Davies/Windass as a better option than Alessandra/Windass.

Although our goals per game ratio is higher when Lewis plays. Just because he doesn't score sackloads doesn't mean the team isn't stronger for him being on the pitch.

I'd play him with Hughes ahead of Davies any day.

But I'd pair Hughes and Windass first and possibly see Davies/Windass as a better option than Alessandra/Windass.

But we will loose Hughes in the Window, So may see that.

I am a Latics die hard like most of us who come on here, but sometimes I dont understand some of the nonesense that is posted at times.

I understand that people want to see our younger players come through the ranks - ala Taylor. Before people jump down my throat, I am not saying that our youth players are not good enough, I am just posting what ive seen.

Smalley - Yes I agree, he looks to have lots of potential. But he is very hot and cold, and looks to be lacking in confidence. I dont think Shez helps, cos he puts Smalley and Lee in one min then they not in the squad the next. Smalley is a young lad, whe seems to flutuate in form, IMO he is not a starting 11 player yet. A run at Stockport would do him the world of good.

Lewis - Bags on Bags of ability, gets knocked over to easy for me, super hatrick against Scunny, didnt turn up in ne next 3 games. Like Smalley is learning the game. A run on loan would also do him good, A latics player of the future if we can keep hold of him, He needs to learn how to score goals, we dont have the time and freedom to risk our promotion chase this season, too much of a risk. Hughes, Windass, Davis will get you goals at this level.

With regards to Lewis and Deane. They're both very, very early in their footballing career, and two of the points you make about self confidence (Smalley) and being knocked off the ball (Alessandra) are facets which don't come easy when you're a young pro footballer and come along with more and more games under their belts.

If you recall the season Taylor broke through in phenomenal style, his second season was somewhat different. He sometimes struggled to impose himself and had to sit behind Liddell in the pecking order before getting his chance on the left after Edwards (cor, remember him!?) got injured. Even then he struggled with self confidence, became predictable and couldn't buy a goal but you could always see the potential in him, even though he continued to frustrate. Roll on two seasons and what a dramitcally different player we see. Yes, you still see elements of frustration but thats now more down to being double and triple marked out of games. But his confidence, threat and ability to go past defenders has come on in leaps and bounds and that's experience of playing first team football regularly starting to show.

Wth Deane and Lewi we have fantastic prospects, and it truly irritates the hell out of me when they continue to cop for flak from the stands for losing a ball, or not positioning themselves correctly. Occasionally a player comes along who has a natural gift to be the all-round brilliant player - but its a gift. Most of the time they are talented raw diamonds who need to be brought through, developed and nurtured before they become anywhere near the gifted. Perhaps they're being brought through too early, but I don't think so; it just puts them in good stead for the future.

alessandra can go out on loan and get a few goals and his confidence up, do him the world of good. Smalley was great the last 10 games last year and really looked like pushing on, he'd be starting for me every week barring a poor run of form, he got his first game in 2 months on tuesday and finally confirmed what i have been saying to you all, pace on BOTH wings, not a pointer and 10 men. He needs games yes, but HERE, games = confidence. Will shez do it?

Wolfy -Simply too small, and a League 2 player at best. He will never get in our side unless we have a crisis.

All I am saying is that Smalley and Lewis are good young players that need to go out on loan and get regular games and score goals, Shez will never risk his own job and promotion by not bringing Davies back and signing Windass. I was LMAO when I read some comments on here about Lewis taking the strikers helm if Hughes goes (what do we need Windass for!!) The youth is not the answer in a promotion run in, You could play Allessandra and Smalley for the rest of the season and I would be suprised if they scored 7 goals between them. It would ruin them.

Give them time to become better players. We have a great youth policy, not every one with progress like Taylor has.

THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT, THE FUTURE IS FLUO AND BLUE!

KEEP THE FAITH

A very, very good post and observations made about 3(2 really!) of our young, talented prospects.

A very, very good post and observations made about 3(2 really!) of our young, talented prospects.

Some of our fans take offence when having a opinion on our younger players, the fact is we will loose Hughes, thats don bar the shouting, and if we want promotion, Windass and Davies need to be involved. Hughes will be missed but not replacable, IMO. A front line of Lewis , Smalley or a mixture with davies would not get us near the top 2, or mabe the top six, at this time. Fingers crossed about Hughes but my source says he will be gone. Hope he is rarely wrong. But the club has to come first.

Edited by Eddie_m'gurk