Last Time we played Hereford

The 3-5 home defeat was one of my worst experiences supporting Latics. I'd been nagging a Derby fan to come and watch us for ages. When he agreed I thought, that as Hereford were 75 points adrift at the bottom of the table and hadn't won a match in something like 4 years, we'd murder them!! How wrong I was.

He still reminds me about it 30 odd years later. Painful.

was the last time we played them we got promoted?

no tom was 1976 there only season in div2

did us 5-3 at bp there only away win all season helped by a brace of own goals from kieth hicks !

think its was 1-1 at theres

The 3-5 home defeat was one of my worst experiences supporting Latics. I'd been nagging a Derby fan to come and watch us for ages. When he agreed I thought, that as Hereford were 75 points adrift at the bottom of the table and hadn't won a match in something like 4 years, we'd murder them!! How wrong I was.

I remember the game well, it wasn't one of our better days.

It was a case of going expecting an easy win and coming down to earth with an almighty bump.

I imagine you cheered yourself up by listening to your newly purchased copy of that week's number one record.

Rat-a-tat-a-tat!

I'm right, aren't I? :grin:

It was painful for me too as I missed it due to stepping on a nail and it going into my foot (ouch!). It was tough growing up on Derker... :grin: I was still gutted about missing the match even though we lost - I was young and enthusiastic then!

omg its 32 years since i was at hereford , i bet they still don't sell pies etc at ht

The Fans' Guide says they sell Cheeseburgers (£2.90), Rollover Hot Dogs (£2.80), Burgers (£2.70), various Pies & Pasties (including the Chicken Balti Pie £2.40) and large Sausage Rolls (£2.10).

Note: Prices may have changed,

I was there for that 3-5 thumping in 77, i remember maurice whittle slamming a rocket of a penalty at their keeper, some blonde geezer, the keeper cacked himself and dived out of the way......