Leicester City Admission Prices

I was in Leicester today doing a bit of reconnoitering. At the Stadium the admission prices were posted on the gate for the Leyton Orient game.

Adults - £23

Seniors - £21

Under 22s - £15

Under 16s - £10

Under 12s - £5

Under 8s - £3

I don't know if these prices will be the same for our game, but I've spotted this special offer for Leicester fans attending our game.

http://www.lcfc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10274~1520956,00.html

No doubt this is to boost the attendance with the game being televised, but I don't know if it will be applicable to latics fans.

As the reduced prices of £8 for over 16s, £5 for under 16s and free for under 8s are available for non-ST holders, I think they should also be available for Latics fans. Granted that you need two vouchers from the Leicester Mercury newspaper, but it's not an insurmountable problem to get hold of that paper. Is it worthwhile us mounting an email campaign to LCFC to ask for parity over the reduced admission prices?

Supporter Relations Manager: peter.jones@lcfc.co.uk

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

I was in Leicester today doing a bit of reconnoitering. At the Stadium the admission prices were posted on the gate for the Leyton Orient game.

Adults - £23

Seniors - £21

Under 22s - £15

Under 16s - £10

Under 12s - £5

Under 8s - £3

I don't know if these prices will be the same for our game, but I've spotted this special offer for Leicester fans attending our game.

http://www.lcfc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10274~1520956,00.html

No doubt this is to boost the attendance with the game being televised, but I don't know if it will be applicable to latics fans.

As the reduced prices of £8 for over 16s, £5 for under 16s and free for under 8s are available for non-ST holders, I think they should also be available for Latics fans. Granted that you need two vouchers from the Leicester Mercury newspaper, but it's not an insurmountable problem to get hold of that paper. Is it worthwhile us mounting an email campaign to LCFC to ask for parity over the reduced admission prices?

Supporter Relations Manager: peter.jones@lcfc.c.uk

Done, will see what happens...

As the reduced prices of £8 for over 16s, £5 for under 16s and free for under 8s are available for non-ST holders, I think they should also be available for Latics fans.

Football League rules forbid clubs from charging away supporters a higher price for accommodation of an equivalent standard.

Away fans at the Walkers Stadium are situated in one of the 4 corner stands. All 4 corners are seated, all are covered and all have unobstructed views of the pitch thus Football League rules will classify the accommodation on offer in all 4 corners as being of an equivalent standard.

Therefore Leicester cannot charge visiting supporters any more than it will cost home supporters to watch the game from one of the other 3 corner stands.

This rule also applies to any special promotions meaning that if Leicester choose to offer reduced admission prices to home supporters they must do so for visiting supporters as well, just as Latics had no choice but to let Grimsby fans in for free on Cock Up Sunday, Brighton and Northampton fans in for £2 two seasons ago and Leyton Orient fans for £10 (2 for a tenner in advance) just before Chrismas.

Consequently if any Latics fan is able to produce 2 of the vouchers from the Leicester Mercury when purchasing their ticket then I see no way that Leicester can insist on charging full price without being in breach of Football League rules.

Now we've established that, who is going to arrange for 3,000 copies of the Leicester Mercury to be delivered for sale in the Latics club shop? :grin:

Edited by M_OAFC

Guest sheridans_world

I assume that home fans without the 'vouchers' would have to purchase a full price match ticket.

However, I shall be emailing Leicester and await their response with interest.

Now we've established that, who is going to arrange for 3,000 copies of the Leicester Mercury to be delivered for sale in the Latics club shop? :grin:

I've written to LCFC.

I'm happy to get copies of the newspaper for those who need them. Peference will be given to those who:

(1) like Marmite.

(2) have shown respect to Midlanders prior to this offer.

(3) want to listen to my story about being ejected from a Southend pub.

LCFC have replied to my email:

The offer is a local promotion only and this is contained within the offer. Please feel free to check with The Football League if you have any issues but clubs are allowed to organise a local promotion.

I'm taking it up with Alan Hardy next.

AH has replied to say that Leicester are correct. It is covered in regulation 31.2.11 which allows the home club to designate a 'local promotion' for four matches per season. For these matches the home supporters can get the preferential treatment over prices. :pow:

Thwarted yet again for supporting the wrong team! :angry:

LCFC have replied to my email:

The offer is a local promotion only and this is contained within the offer. Please feel free to check with The Football League if you have any issues but clubs are allowed to organise a local promotion.

I'm taking it up with Alan Hardy next.

Got the same reply.

I don't get it...it doesn't make business sense...they're clearly dropping the prices because it's on the box...but the support most likely to be hit by televising the game is the away support because we're coming from further away.

feel free to include in your correspondence, that this initiative will lead to visiting fans in home sections. you may personally disagree with their approach, but its going to happen.

I've done that already.

I have replied to LCFC expressing the view that the promotion will detrimentally affect the number of Oldham supporters prepared to incur the expense of a trip to Leicester for this match, when they can stay at home and watch it on TV. In addition some Oldham supporters plan to obtain the Leicester Mercury tokens and purchase the cheap tickets in with the home supporters. This can be done easily as Oldham Athletic has a large number of supporters in the Midlands.

I added that in these times of economic recession, it would be a nice gesture if LCFC would agree to reduce the admission prices for Oldham supporters on this occasion - not necessarily by as much as for the home supporters. The benefits would be an increased number of visiting supporters, spending money in the city of Leicester and in the Stadium, together with a much better atmosphere inside the stadium.

I have asked for the Club to consider this suggestion seriously before the ticket prices are announced.

good work diego. obviously id prefer to sit with our lot, but not for an extra £15, thats just scandalous. i wont cheer, i didnt at stockport, but that doesnt mean others wont. i expect they will put a limit on vouchers per ticket per household now, but friends have friends dont they.