Porter at BP next season?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait to give him a good reception!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ell/7813849.stm

If he goes to anyone except Leicester in our division it pretty much confirms that he's a greedy c*** and has no ambition whatsoever. Who the hell chooses to play in the SPL over the championship, what a ****ing mug!

If he goes to anyone except Leicester in our division it pretty much confirms that he's a greedy c*** and has no ambition whatsoever. Who the hell chooses to play in the SPL over the championship, what a ****ing mug!

People who slag players off for greed have no idea.

The trouble with supporters is that they are loyal to a club and expect players to be the same.

Players are just people earning a living like everyone else it just happens that their trade is football.

They will go where ever the wages are best on offer.

You may be loyal to a club but honestly think about it , would you be as loyal to your employer if much higher wages were on offer and you were offered the job ??

99% of us would do exactly the same and don't give me the crap that " i am loyal and wouldnt do it".

You will pobably never get the chance to do it !! That's the difference.

If a player is good enough to improve our team than i would have them back anytime.

The trouble with supporters is that they are loyal to a club and expect players to be the same.

Players are just people earning a living like everyone else it just happens that their trade is football.

You may be loyal to a club but honestly think about it , would you be as loyal to your employer if much higher wages were on offer and you were offered the job ??

99% of us would do exactly the same and don't give me the crap that " i am loyal and wouldnt do it".

If a player is good enough to improve our team than i would have them back anytime.

Not to stir up the hornets nest, but methinks you have missed the porter point.... its not the sames as wellens or kilkenny, he had the option to go to a club in England, but he didnt, he gave us false promises and the fooked off to scotland... leaving us up crap creek.

Its not that the chose to take the higher wage. Its the way he screwed us over to do it.

My understanding was that it was his agent who ultimately screwed us, there had been talks with clubs within England, but then the Scottish clubs joined in at the eleventh hour, by which time it was too late to do anything about it.

We did ourselves screw Bury over by trying to get Porter on the cheap, yes it went to tribunal and I'm sure that it didnt meet Bury's value.

My understanding was that it was his agent who ultimately screwed us, there had been talks with clubs within England, but then the Scottish clubs joined in at the eleventh hour, by which time it was too late to do anything about it.

eerrrrr...i guess he could have said "no" eh???

We did ourselves screw Bury over by trying to get Porter on the cheap, yes it went to tribunal and I'm sure that it didnt meet Bury's value.

rubbish.because we didn't agree with bury on his valuation doesn't mean we screwed them...it happens all the time to every club in the land.the tribunal is there for a reason-to meet a valuation they consider fair.if bury have any gripe,it should be with the tribunal.

it was porter who not only screwed us but bury too,because they had add on clauses when he left latics.

Hold on a second, people who think football is a normal profession have 'no idea'. Football is a sport, the idea in sport is that you want to compete at the highest level you possibly can and be the best you possibly can be at whatever your sport is and in football you get paid well at all levels. The fact he went to a league where you have no chance of achieving anything unless you play for one of 2 clubs who are far richer than anyone else and to play in a team that our 2006/2007 team could probably have beaten, purely so that he and his agent could get a slice of what should have been our money hardly strikes me as anything but greed and not really what sport is about. Of course there is a line to be drawn when the money you would be getting would be so astronomical that you couldn't turn it down, but do Motherwell have this sort of money? Porter probably took bad advice from his agent who wanted to get a nice cut for himself and took the big signing on fee, but I'm pretty sure a move to the Championship over the course of 2 years wouldn't give him far short of the sum he has earned through this little fiasco. Therefore I stand by my original analysis, no ambition, no foresight, brainless greedy scumbag.

Football is also a short career and I would say that players at our level literally have to plan for what comes after they finish, so they have to take the best contracts on offer.

Average wage at our level is probably just over the 1k mark (weekly), which is still higher than the vast majority of people earn. We're talkin about somone who the chance to earn 3k a week at least in the championship and have the chance to actually win something and compete at a higher level. Instead he chose a quick buck ina League nobody cares about which probably as i've already said in the long run won't be worth much more than he would have got by going to the championship. The thick basterd more than likely just listened to his agents advice and was unable to put 2 and 2 togther.

Not to stir up the hornets nest, but methinks you have missed the porter point.... its not the sames as wellens or kilkenny, he had the option to go to a club in England, but he didnt, he gave us false promises and the fooked off to scotland... leaving us up crap creek.

Its not that the chose to take the higher wage. Its the way he screwed us over to do it.

.........and all of that after we paid £100,000 for an unproven 4th division kid, and stood by him in an injury hit first year (where the football he DID manage to play was powderpuff at best). His attitude off the pitch wasn't great, bitching about having to do non footballing duties (community stuff) when he was injured, moaning and crying about having to get in from Wigan cos it was too far! From Wigan FFS. (Note: He was happy enough to :censored: off all the way to Sweatyland when the £ signs were spinning in his eyes)

He had 2/3rds of a good season with us, but the greed got to his head. He :censored:ed us over royal, and he knew exactly what he was doing.

I'll certainly be letting him know what I think of him if he ever darkens the door of God's Little Acre again.

:censored:.

If you think Porter went to a scottish club just to screw latics then you have a very warped sense of humanity and i would get a reality check done.

Edited by losesome

Oddly enough I was talking to an Hudds supporting mate just the other day. He said the club had had issued a statement/report that they were about to sign a striker, a top signing that would excite both club and fans. I guess it must be Porter. I hate the guy for disappearing to Scotland and pocketing our transfer fee along with his agent in the shape of a signing on fee's, when he could have gone to the Championship. A step up and a chance to prove himself worthy of the prem. However, you know given the service he'll score goals in league one, especially in the air. I just wonder if he'll go now in Jan and allow Motherwell to recoup their signing on fee's or shaft them too. His agent knows he's up for that kinda skullduggery and no doubt he'll be seeing the pound note signs of a summer move...or would he insist on Euro's at the moment.

Edited by Lags

If you think Porter went to a scottish club just to screw latics then you have a very warped sense of humanity and i would get a check done.

And if you think that he went to Motherwell for any other reason that to line his pockets at our expense then you're a bloody fool, man.

Edited by danoafc

If you think Porter went to a scottish club just to screw latics then you have a very warped sense of humanity and i would get a reality check done.

ERm I am quite sane mate, I know exactly why he went to Scotland and ermmmmmm Motherwell!!!!

And if you thionk that he went to Motherwell for any other reason that to line his pockets at our expense then you're a bloody fool, man.

Does that mean we're on the same wavelength or probably it was Porter's actions that left absolutely nothing to the imagination?

Do you know how transfers work?

Particularly cross border ones concerning players under 24?

Throw in an agent and I think all in all he and his agent did everything to screw us over.

.........and all of that after we paid £100,000 for an unproven 4th division kid, and stood by him in an injury hit first year (where the football he DID manage to play was powderpuff at best). His attitude off the pitch wasn't great, bitching about having to do non footballing duties (community stuff) when he was injured, moaning and crying about having to get in from Wigan cos it was too far! From Wigan FFS. (Note: He was happy enough to :censored: off all the way to Sweatyland when the £ signs were spinning in his eyes)

He had 2/3rds of a good season with us, but the greed got to his head. He :censored:ed us over royal, and he knew exactly what he was doing.

I'll certainly be letting him know what I think of him if he ever darkens the door of God's Little Acre again.

:censored:.

+1

I honestly don't believe he will sign for huddersfield. I can not see the logic in it, they are not going to win promotion this season although are a club with potential. As one of the top scorers in Scotland surely a division three English team is not gonna be high on his wish list. He has proved himself at this level and would probably fancy a crack at the championship so leicester might be an option if they want him. We can take a guess that his agent has contacted all the championship clubs and half the teams in Europe in order to get a deal for him. Or then again he is happy where he is and the agent trying to get him a better deal.

I honestly don't believe he will sign for huddersfield. I can not see the logic in it, they are not going to win promotion this season although are a club with potential. As one of the top scorers in Scotland surely a division three English team is not gonna be high on his wish list. He has proved himself at this level and would probably fancy a crack at the championship so leicester might be an option if they want him. We can take a guess that his agent has contacted all the championship clubs and half the teams in Europe in order to get a deal for him. Or then again he is happy where he is and the agent trying to get him a better deal.

I thought he signed a pre contract agreement with Forest in late December, the day before he scored a hat trick and Calderwood got the push. What has happened to that if he is suddenly available?

I thought he signed a pre contract agreement with Forest in late December, the day before he scored a hat trick and Calderwood got the push. What has happened to that if he is suddenly available?

Probably one his agents my word is my bond crap pre contract agreements.