Come in Number 6 your time is up

DavidCollinge

http://www.lastingtribute.co.uk/tribute/mcgoohan/2997081

Thr Prisoner dies aged 80 in his LA home after ashort illness.

I remember looking forward to the weekly episodes of the Prisoner in the 70s (re-runs originally shown in the 60s) great show.

It was filmed (as many of you know) in Portmeirion Wales.

He was a government agent who suddenly resigned and was then kidnapped and placed in The Village (well worth a trip down, The

Village is pretty much as seen in the episodes) he was then interrogated as to why he resigned.

He was allocated a number on his arrival, No. 6 and throughout the series he tried to find out who was no. 1.

In the last episode he finally got to see who was No. 1....i wont spoil the surprise if you're planning to watch the series.

RIP Patrick

It was filmed (as many of you know) in Portmeirion Wales.

He was a government agent who suddenly resigned and was then kidnapped and placed in The Village (well worth a trip down, The

Village is pretty much as seen in the episodes)...

It was claimed that Portmeirion was based on the town of Portofino in Italy. Having visited Portmeirion, Mrs. S and I have always wanted to visit Portofino, and a couple of years ago we managed to get there. It is a beautiful place but it looked nothing like Portmeirion. Now I find that Sir Clough Williams-Ellis, Portmeirion's designer, denied that he based it on the Italian town, stating only that he wanted to pay tribute to the atmosphere of the Mediterranean.