• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my mate's mate was at the team hotel last night staying over for some conference thing, he rang my mate and said hughes and players were in the bar drinking, this was around 11.30-midnightish - whether it was beer or alcohol is unknown, but i would imagine with our supposed 'culture' in the dressing room it would be the latter.

FAO LaticNik

If you are really as annoyed as you seem to be by what is happening at Latics, then be proactive! Write a letter/email to one of the contacts at the club (e.g. Hardy, Barry Owen) or give them a ring saying how you feel & that you can't accept it anymore.

Either that, or you could try not to care.

But all that you saying that you're annoyed with Latics on here does is annoy me (and it seems like quite a few others as well)! What did we ever do to you???

FAO LaticNik

If you are really as annoyed as you seem to be by what is happening at Latics, then be proactive! Write a letter/email to one of the contacts at the club (e.g. Hardy, Barry Owen) or give them a ring saying how you feel & that you can't accept it anymore.

Either that, or you could try not to care.

But all that you saying that you're annoyed with Latics on here does is annoy me (and it seems like quite a few others as well)! What did we ever do to you???

Wow. What do I say to that?

I think Rummy's summed it up. 2 years ago I'd have been bothered and wouldn't have spoke to anyone all weekend, dreading Monday morning at work where I'd have been slated. Thinking up my excuses.

Now, doesn't half bother me. But does that mean I can't have an opinion on here?

And writing to contacts at the club? Sorry mate, I did that about 14 years ago when I woke to see Rick Holden splashed across the back pages of the paper saying that the boo boys won't drive him out. I didn't even realise he was getting booed. So I wrote begging him to stay. He wrote back but was gone not long after.

But that's half the problem. No qualms in fans demanding changes from the terraces. But footy fans now seem to demand so much more. What right have we got to know what's happening with a players contract? Why should they tell us if so and so is staying or going? Too many people think they've a divine right to know the ins and outs of the club. They haven't.

I don't want Shez in charge. But why the fook should someone at the club waste time reading my letter when they all have jobs to do? I will just continue to air my views on here and be more selective in the games I attend.

E4e

SIMPL

my mate's mate was at the team hotel last night staying over for some conference thing, he rang my mate and said hughes and players were in the bar drinking, this was around 11.30-midnightish - whether it was beer or alcohol is unknown, but i would imagine with our supposed 'culture' in the dressing room it would be the latter.

Really.

Well back that up with some real facts please.

Name the hotel.

You say Hughes and players. Name the other players. and why just name Hughes

Name the management present.

Oh stuff me just noticed it's another "my mate's mate" thread.

Probably b*ll*x yet again. This was going round the ground late yesterday. Strange it wasn't mentioned before the game started.

Also why didn't you or your mate or your mate's mate post this on Friday night or Saturday morning?

If you want people to start believing your posts then don't wait until after a 5-0 defeat before posting. It's pathetic

You should be ashamed of yourself.

you bunch of absolute idiots!! -

'should be ashamed of yourself' 'mate of a mate story' - yes thats because it is one that happens to be CORRECT!! I tire of false rumour posts and wouldnt post one or make something up myself for the sake of it you bunch of pr1cks.

- I cant name other players because he only mentioned 'hughes, other players and staff' as the guy lives near hughes and has seen him around where he lives, the 'mates mate' isnt a follower of oldham so doesnt know any of the other players names/what they look like.

- the hotel was in Chewksbury ACTUALLY, the 'mates mate' was there attending an overnight conference.

-the fact that other people were talking about it at the actual game also says that what im saying is more than likely correct and not a made up rumour, simply passing on what i was told.

All you 'big lads' on these boards type and discuss things like you all own the place and if none of you type a 'rumour' then if someone else types one its automatically false and the typer should be ashamed of themselves for typing what they heard and not made up on the back of a cereal box?!

who do you think you are?

YOU lot should be ashamed of yourselves

'should be ashamed of yourself' 'mate of a mate story' - yes thats because it is one that happens to be CORRECT!! I tire of false rumour posts and wouldnt post one or make something up myself for the sake of it you bunch of pr1cks.

- I cant name other players because he only mentioned 'hughes, other players and staff' as the guy lives near hughes and has seen him around where he lives, the 'mates mate' isnt a follower of oldham so doesnt know any of the other players names/what they look like.

- the hotel was in Chewksbury ACTUALLY, the 'mates mate' was there attending an overnight conference.

-the fact that other people were talking about it at the actual game also says that what im saying is more than likely correct and not a made up rumour, simply passing on what i was told.

All you 'big lads' on these boards type and discuss things like you all own the place and if none of you type a 'rumour' then if someone else types one its automatically false and the typer should be ashamed of themselves for typing what they heard and not made up on the back of a cereal box?!

057895001232299553.gif

You're talking rubbish.

For more details, check out this post.

Well Well well, Isn't it just amazing.

Allegedly typical :censored: posting after the game has finished.

This rumour was going round the ground but surprise surprise it did't start before the game. I wonder why. What a load of b*ll*x.

First it was alleged that it was the players, but when challenged it was alleged it was the management.

For :censored: sake make your minds up and stick with it.

There's the truth, the half truth and the total b*ll*x.

Typical Tics fans. 26 posts in 15 months but you couldn't wait with this 1 could you.

:censored: off :censored:

Rant over :rant.sml:

Cheers,

Harry

Edited by JoeLatics

Wow. What do I say to that?

I think Rummy's summed it up. 2 years ago I'd have been bothered and wouldn't have spoke to anyone all weekend, dreading Monday morning at work where I'd have been slated. Thinking up my excuses.

Now, doesn't half bother me. But does that mean I can't have an opinion on here? I never said that you couldn't but you could have it at another place as well, a place where you could give the people who matter a small chance of making you a satisfied fan rather than posting your opinion on here repeatedly which will always lead to the same thing happening again and again.

And writing to contacts at the club? Sorry mate, I did that about 14 years ago when I woke to see Rick Holden splashed across the back pages of the paper saying that the boo boys won't drive him out. I didn't even realise he was getting booed. So I wrote begging him to stay. He wrote back but was gone not long after.

But that's half the problem. No qualms in fans demanding changes from the terraces. But footy fans now seem to demand so much more. What right have we got to know what's happening with a players contract? Why should they tell us if so and so is staying or going? Too many people think they've a divine right to know the ins and outs of the club. They haven't. In theory, I agree with you. But for this situation the blame lies with past owners and chairmen of other clubs (and in one case, ours), too many chairmen have screwed around with clubs and left them on the brink of oblivion before anyone who cares has a chance to stop it. As a result, fans nowadays in general don't trust the people who run their club and ask all possible questions to try and prevent the worst from happening (or in our case, happening again).

I don't want Shez in charge. But why the fook should someone at the club waste time reading my letter when they all have jobs to do? Because that's their 'job', to make their 'customers' happy. If you don't feel they do this well enough then you and everyone else who thinks this should complain to them. I will just continue to air my views on here and be more selective in the games I attend. Obviously what you do is your choice (at least until I rule this country! :bat: ) but I'm still going to do as much as I can to convince people that are losing faith that they can still love their club and that the opportunities are there for them to make a difference. Sorry if it annoys you.

KtF

Sorry, but we have no need to be ashamed of ourselves at all.

Your post said that your mate's mate suggested that they were in the bar at 11.30-midnightish. So what? What time is their curfew? Do you know what the players itinery is? Do you think that it matters that the players are up at midnight, when they are on an overnighter, don't have to be up early for an earlier departure from BP, and have an itinery for the following day. I don't think so.

The fact is that the team were in the team hotel under "supervision." You have also said that your mate's mate only recognised Hughes so you can't even be sure who the other "players" are. In fact were they even players. Maybe it was Stu Vose he's young enough to pass as a player :)

I may have been worried if you had referred to a bar/nightclub in the town, but the fact that they were in the team hotel says it all.

I also know which hotel the players were in. (You were close but try Tewkesbury )I'm also pretty sure of the limits set down to the players by the management and I am dam sure that the story of, in your exact words, "ALL THE PLAYERS IN THE HOTEL BAR LAST NIGHT ON THE LASH" is total :censored:

The fact is that you cannot back that statement up, because you HP, by your own admission, doesn't know or recognise any of the other players.

Like I said, these rumours always start after a defeat, never after a win. If the situation is as dire as alleged, then why do people hold back until we are losing/have lost. Its always the same. Nothing changes.

Oh and by the way I am not an idiot thank you.

Cheers,

Harry

Edited by Harry Dowds Green Shirt

ALL THE PLAYERS IN THE HOTEL BAR LAST NIGHT ON THE LASH

Absolutely pathetic and disgraceful - and they get PAID for this crap!! - cant wait til performance related pay comes in.

school teams lose 5-0 not PROFESSIONAL teams.

yes it has been coming for weeks, we stand off players time again not wanting to work.

over to you shez.........

Not true, not one of the players had an alcoholic drink, get your facts right!