Had a text from my dad who is on his way back from the game.

After I asked what went wrong he just said................

''Very strong wind.We didn't handle it at all.Every shot went wide or at keeper.

They played better all over the pitch, we made loads of mistakes.

They deserved it''

So there you go......................it was a case of BAD WIND!!!!! :huh:

So does this mean we need to dismantle the gallows and call off the kangaroo court?

You are posting a lot today yet have never posted anything before when there have been good results. Thanks for your support.

So your only a latics fan, if you keep taking the happy drugs and believe that a 5-0 defeat to a pathetic team is acceptable?

This keyboard warrior "I'm a bigger fan than you" really gets my goat.

(latics luvly @ Jan 17 2009, 18:45 PM) *

Had a text from my dad who is on his way back from the game.

After I asked what went wrong he just said................

''Very strong wind.We didn't handle it at all.Every shot went wide or at keeper.

They played better all over the pitch, we made loads of mistakes.

They deserved it''

So there you go......................it was a case of BAD WIND!!!!! huh.gif

So it was all down to which captain won the coin toss up before the match ?

Guest oa_exile

........so not only did we lose 5:0 <_< we also lost the toss :( it just get's worse and worse :lol:

Hmmmmm maybe!!!!

Taken from the Hereford site's match report......... (so it was the slope AND wind's fault??)

3:00pm: We're underway here at Edgar Street, United are shooting towards the Meadow End in the opening period, no doubt trying to get off to a flying start down the slope with the wind behind their backs.

Guest oa_exile
3:00pm: We're underway here at Edgar Street, United are shooting towards the Meadow End in the opening period, no doubt trying to get off to a flying start down the slope with the wind behind their backs.

By the looks of that the guy who typed it was clueless :grin:

Gordon and Roy kept commenting on bad wind...not sure whether they were on about the weather or something more sinister in the commentry booth...

However, the fact we let most goals in from flapping at high balls in this season, then that plus the wind means our defence probably was always going to be generous today.

Ah today gives me memories of that Rushden & Diamonds game...didn't deal with it that day and let in 4!

some of you look too much into things,we were :censored: today end of i left when number 5 went in an that freak result wont happen again,an a big up to the 800 latics there an the few who sang were gonna win 6 ~5 i admire your loyalty altho it was a big shock to me today if im honest

I suppose it was bad wind, given it was blowing straight from the cattle market. Some cheeky sod in front kept accusing me of farting... :blink:

Oh, and I think we can ignore oldhamathleticfailsworth or whatever he's called ... everyone knows everyone from Failsworth is really a Citeh fan. :wink:

Edited by garcon

some of you look too much into things,we were :censored: today end of i left when number 5 went in an that freak result wont happen again,an a big up to the 800 latics there an the few who sang were gonna win 6 ~5 i admire your loyalty altho it was a big shock to me today if im honest
Ur not wrong mucker fair play to shez! I watched his after match interview on tics world shellshocked as everyone, might be the kick up the arse needed, most of the players were just doing same as me, watchin windass!!! Roll on Stockport

instead of being judge and jury why dont we just wait until people who have actually gone to game report back and sheridan posts his view...

yes we have been thumped 5-0 by a team second bottom....but where still in the playoff places after that and just need to start another run again,bad day at the office.

Edited by DarzaTheButty