I'm Confused?

On Monday night we totally outplayed and outclassed a Hartlepool side, scoring twice and really should have had at least 2 or 3 more.

We gifted them a goal when Lomax blasted in an unstoppable OG and then made the remainder of the game difficult for ourselves.

Gregan and Eardley both came in for some stick from the fans - Gregan for stopping for an offside that took a second or 2 longer to be confirmed (which could have resulted in a goal) - Eardley for having a poor game and being bypassed a great deal. Eardley then tells the crowd to 'F*ck off' about 3 or 4 times, and because some fans gave it him back, other Latics fans decided this was a HUGE Taboo and come on here and slagged off the fans who booed Eardley/Gregan, despite the fact they have every right to criticise bad play as much as they do to praise good play!

Fast forward 5 days and the same side go to Hereford, and manage to get completely and utterly annihalated and all of a sudden it is acceptable for people to call for Sheridan's head? 1 very bad result doesn't make us a bad side, the same as 1 fantastic result doesn't make us a world beating side. Correct me if I am wrong, but don't great sides have the odd blip where they concede shed loads in the odd match? This is our first defeat in 10 or 11 games and Shez WILL NOT AND SHOULD NOT be sacked for this result.

It is also one of those days when freak results happen....West Brom won, Man £ity won, even Leeds Utd won so obviously January 17 2009 is the day of the freak sides. As was posted in the Eardley thread earlier this week....Keep The Faith!

Aside from the match, one thing that is sad is the fact we were fighting with our own fans in the stands. This came from a mate of mine who works at the club and was in the Directors Box for the game, but I feel this is a very sad sight indeed and would be interested to know what triggered the trouble off!

On Monday night we totally outplayed and outclassed a Hartlepool side, scoring twice and really should have had at least 2 or 3 more.

We gifted them a goal when Lomax blasted in an unstoppable OG and then made the remainder of the game difficult for ourselves.

Gregan and Eardley both came in for some stick from the fans - Gregan for stopping for an offside that took a second or 2 longer to be confirmed (which could have resulted in a goal) - Eardley for having a poor game and being bypassed a great deal. Eardley then tells the crowd to 'F*ck off' about 3 or 4 times, and because some fans gave it him back, other Latics fans decided this was a HUGE Taboo and come on here and slagged off the fans who booed Eardley/Gregan, despite the fact they have every right to criticise bad play as much as they do to praise good play!

Fast forward 5 days and the same side go to Hereford, and manage to get completely and utterly annihalated and all of a sudden it is acceptable for people to call for Sheridan's head? 1 very bad result doesn't make us a bad side, the same as 1 fantastic result doesn't make us a world beating side. Correct me if I am wrong, but don't great sides have the odd blip where they concede shed loads in the odd match? This is our first defeat in 10 or 11 games and Shez WILL NOT AND SHOULD NOT be sacked for this result.

It is also one of those days when freak results happen....West Brom won, Man £ity won, even Leeds Utd won so obviously January 17 2009 is the day of the freak sides. As was posted in the Eardley thread earlier this week....Keep The Faith!

Aside from the match, one thing that is sad is the fact we were fighting with our own fans in the stands. This came from a mate of mine who works at the club and was in the Directors Box for the game, but I feel this is a very sad sight indeed and would be interested to know what triggered the trouble off!

agree with most of that assumption and thinking.....

unfortunately the majority wont and we will have endless threads on here again questioning players and manager alike...

i would imagine away from home and full of beer,someone had a go at a player and someone else took exception to it....bound to happen sooner or later.

because some fans gave it him back, other Latics fans decided this was a HUGE Taboo and come on here and slagged off the fans who booed Eardley/Gregan, despite the fact they have every right to criticise bad play as much as they do to praise good play!

That would work...if...they praised them for good play...you and I both know that doesn't happen. They lie in wait for their next mistake. And joke that "they're still :censored:" if they have a good game. So really, those fan thoroughly deserve the slating they get.

Hey, let's turn this one around...maybe the real reason is they went off the pitch on Monday and the conversation turned to the wankers who slated Eardley and created that situation and the squad are very pissed off about it. Taking out any morale from a win whilst 10 unbeaten!!! The annoyance festering inside for the last 5 days and today they come out and play like they couldn't give a :censored:??? Obviously, they shouldn't do so but Mondays events were utterly uncalled for and if I was Eardley, part of me would be thinking :censored: them!

Edited by boundaryblue80

That would work...if...they praised them for good play...you and I both know that doesn't happen. They lie in wait for their next mistake. And joke that "they're still :censored:" if they have a good game. So really, those fan thoroughly deserve the slating they get.

Hey, let's turn this one around...maybe the real reason is they went off the pitch on Monday and the conversation turned to the wankers who slated Eardley and created that situation and the squad are very pissed off about it. Taking out any morale from a win whilst 10 unbeaten!!! The annoyance festering inside for the last 5 days and today they come out and play like they couldn't give a :censored:??? Obviously, they shouldn't do so but Mondays events were utterly uncalled for and if I was Eardley, part of me would be thinking :censored: them!

Heres a thought................didnt the Joe Royle championship side lose 5-1 at Oxford that year ?

Heres a thought................didnt the Joe Royle championship side lose 5-1 at Oxford that year ?

Not sure what your point is...if it's that Championship winning teams can lose a game by 5-something and get promoted then fair enough. I agree.

However, as you replied to my post, are you disagreeing that a small section of wankers on Monday might've pissed off some members of the squad and been some factor, if only a small amount, towards todays 5-0 defeat?

Not sure what your point is...if it's that Championship winning teams can lose a game by 5-something and get promoted then fair enough. I agree.

However, as you replied to my post, are you disagreeing that a small section of wankers on Monday might've pissed off some members of the squad and been some factor, if only a small amount, towards todays 5-0 defeat?

are you seriously trying to say the eardley tiff on monday nights is responsible for todays poor result????

and that the players have sat there talked about and gone,,i know,lets piss em off even more and get leathered 5-0 just to show them.....

get a grip...

more likely is that hereford are trying to avoid relegation and fighting tooth and nail to stay in this league,and we have been blowing hot n cold all season and flattering to decieve,and have simply come unstuck to a team who showed more hungar and desire than we did.

Shouldnt come into it what they think of fans giving stick even if unjustified. They are supposed professionals who do after all get bonuses for winning.

Not condoning the fans getting on players backs and at BP over the years it tends to be the young players who the fans criticise most and they will be the ones who will be most sensitive and likely let it get to them. However if the players are going to have that attitude then they won't achieve much in proffesional football. I dont condone it but football fans are miserable fickle sods and its not just a disease found at Boundary Park either the best players shut out that type of thing thats why they are paid so highly.

are you seriously trying to say the eardley tiff on monday nights is responsible for todays poor result????

and that the players have sat there talked about and gone,,i know,lets piss em off even more and get leathered 5-0 just to show them.....

get a grip...

more likely is that hereford are trying to avoid relegation and fighting tooth and nail to stay in this league,and we have been blowing hot n cold all season and flattering to decieve,and have simply come unstuck to a team who showed more hungar and desire than we did.

No...I think I actually said "been some factor, if only a small amount" towards affecting our performance today.

I'm trying to point out the negative effects of slating our players during 90mins. Yes...I do think Eardley went off, thought what a bunch of dicks and spoke with a few of his teammates who he is closest too. Don't think we need any negatives like that happening, do we? Whether it is 1%, 5% or 25% towards affecting our performance today.

No...I think I actually said "been some factor, if only a small amount" towards affecting our performance today.

I'm trying to point out the negative effects of slating our players during 90mins. Yes...I do think Eardley went off, thought what a bunch of dicks and spoke with a few of his teammates who he is closest too. Don't think we need any negatives like that happening, do we? Whether it is 1%, 5% or 25% towards affecting our performance today.

fair enough....however it shouldnt even be considered no matter how small an amount...

monday night should have been laid to rest on the training ground the rest of the week,certainly greegan was throwing an arm around him and telling him to chin up and carry on...

i would imagine that eardley and a few others have discussed it,and the most likely outcome would of been..well we have a chance to make them eat there words on saturday havent we,show them how wrong they are and get stuck in and come home with 3 points....

obviously something went wrong,but i think if players let it get to them then dont perform they should be paying those fans that went all the way down there out of there own pocket to refund them there expense for the day.