Worse performance I have seen for years

Well that was a shambles! 5-0 was lucky it shocking, should have been 7 or 8......... Only chances we created were shots way over the bar from 20 yards!

Just not good enough, players were not interested at all.... Lost for words it was so bad

I didn't go to the game chiefly as i haven't been well at all so i can't comment on today.

I did go to the home game against Hereford though where we beat them 4-0 and man for man Hereford were a million miles from being anywhere near a match for us. Given that was in October personnel and form will of changed slightly at both clubs but never enough to bridge the gulf in quality since that sunday.

The point im making is the only rational reason i can come up with is our attitude must of been appalling, we felt we could just turn up and roll them over. Naive and disrespectful to the opposition who lets remember are battling like hell to stay in the league and were gunning to avenge the mauling handed out to them by us earlier in the season.

Well that was a shambles! 5-0 was lucky it shocking, should have been 7 or 8......... Only chances we created were shots way over the bar from 20 yards!

Just not good enough, players were not interested at all.... Lost for words it was so bad

must be our worst result since losing 1-7 at home to cardiff, remember that one.

Guest oa_exile
must be our worst result since losing 1-7 at home to cardiff, remember that one.

Lost 6:0 to Spurs in 2004 in the League Cup ......... that was a gud un :wink:

........only other time I can remember of more recent times getting a battering was away at Bristol City 5:0 or 5:1 ??

Edited by oa_exile

........only other time I can remember of more recent times getting a battering was away at Bristol City 5:0 or 5:1 ??

worse than any of them as the opposition was a million times better than the team we played today. As already said a shambles and the players and sheridan with his apalling substitutions should be ashamed. Lucky it wasn't 10 and the worst away performance i have seen in 25+ years of supporting latics

Guest oa_exile
worse than any of them as the opposition was a million times better than the team we played today. As already said a shambles and the players and sheridan with his apalling substitutions should be ashamed. Lucky it wasn't 10 and the worst away performance i have seen in 25+ years of supporting latics

Fair comment :) and I bet you have seen some :censored: watching Latics for over 25 years ( I have :lol: )

you cant compare then to spurs or cardiff, because they were good teams. we were a joke today, i cant even think of a performance though, just eras in our recent history. someone above said attitiude, thats exactly it. we had none, we didnt care. shez said beforehand to get ready for a scap, then left out our biggest scrapper. lomax is gona come in for some stick, but hes an average right back, filling in at left back against a player who i think is decent, this was bound to happen to him eventually.

gutted.

Yeah it was 5-1. Think it was in the Talbot era.

Been a couple of 4-0 defeats too.

That's why I cant remember, that era is erased from my memory :grin:

The majority certainly is apart from two instances that spring to mind.. 1) the Man City FA cup victory 2) Talbot's escape from the iraqi polling station in the round after! :lol:

Surprisingly Sky said we had more shots on target then they did.

Only chances we created were shots way over the bar from 20 yards!

Not quite true. At 1-0 we hit the post. At 2-0 we should have scored and put it wide, at 3-0 we had a penalty shout (was never a pen but still) and Taylor went 1 on 1 at 5-0. I was saying to my dad at HT that another day we could have really been 8-3 down at HT!!

Brentford away under Talbot is still a low point for me. Only the rain stopped us from getting a spank like yesterday. BUT as for a defensive display, thats the worst I've ever seen.

To be honest, it was barely the worst away performance I have seen this season! There wasnt too much differnce between that performance yesterday, and the Swindon match... however I'd say Swindon are a marginally better side.

To be honest... despite living down here I'd be quite happy if we never played another team from the south west/wales ever again.... always, always abysmal... and Yeovil still to come! That is always a corker!

:disappointed: