good news from today

scunthorpe and mkdons threw their games away and lost.

now dont you feel better. :grin:

It actually find this very frustrating to be honets. It's far from the first time we've thrown away a really good opportunity to make some ground and tunr up the pressure. I have no doubt that we will beat Stockport on Saturday though, it's just the way we are and have been for years. We only rise to the big occassions, I don't know why that is but it has been going on too long. Hereford should have been at the very least a point today, because let's be honest, we are far too good for them.

The only good thing about today is that Sheridan is moving closer to the axe.

I don't agree with everything Shez does but I dont think sacking him would be of any benefit to our season right now. He doesn't pick the team i necessarily would and he doesn't make the substitutions I would. Having said that he hasn't done a bad job at all with (from what we are told) a pretty limited budget. It isn't time to change manager, that won't solve anything, results like today are just one offs, we do seem to have a problem with motivation against the bread and butter of our division, but that's been the case under Ronnie, Talbot, Ritchie, even Dowie.

It actually find this very frustrating to be honets. It's far from the first time we've thrown away a really good opportunity to make some ground and tunr up the pressure. I have no doubt that we will beat Stockport on Saturday though, it's just the way we are and have been for years. We only rise to the big occassions, I don't know why that is but it has been going on too long. Hereford should have been at the very least a point today, because let's be honest, we are far too good for them.

5-0 defeat says otherwise.

I don't agree with everything Shez does but I dont think sacking him would be of any benefit to our season right now. He doesn't pick the team i necessarily would and he doesn't make the substitutions I would. Having said that he hasn't done a bad job at all with (from what we are told) a pretty limited budget. It isn't time to change manager, that won't solve anything, results like today are just one offs, we do seem to have a problem with motivation against the bread and butter of our division, but that's been the case under Ronnie, Talbot, Ritchie, even Dowie.

We are paying Windass 5k a week(why Ill never know), offered HUghes biggest contract since owners have come, hardly limited. Now try Hereford very limited budget second bottom yet we cant even be arsed turning up on the major money the players are getting. Will they give their wage up this week . . . No, but us travelling fans have give a proportion of our wages up to see them get paid for doing that today. I am absolutely disgusted with the players on that pitch today.

5-0 defeat says otherwise.

That's fair but the League table does. Any team can have an off day and as they say 'every dog has their day', today hereford probably put in their best performance of the season and we put in by far our worst. These things happen. We are a far better team than Hereford and the League Table doesn't lie, over the course of the season we have proved we are far better than them, today was just one of those days and we sounded truly shambolic.

We are paying Windass 5k a week(why Ill never know), offered HUghes biggest contract since owners have come, hardly limited. Now try Hereford very limited budget second bottom yet we cant even be arsed turning up on the major money the players are getting. Will they give their wage up this week . . . No, but us travelling fans have give a proportion of our wages up to see them get paid for doing that today. I am absolutely disgusted with the players on that pitch today.

How do you know Windass is on 5k? Where was this reported? It was reported a few weeks back that we had one of the lowest budgets in the division, if true, Shez is doing just fine. We have a few high earners but we also have alot of young players we've brought through ourselves who won't be on much. I doubt our wage budget and transfer kitty matches that of any of those around us in the play offs and you can add to that Leeds, Hudders and even the Trannies. We've spent pretty wisely and managed to put together a relatively strong squad, people are far too fast to get on Shez's back.

I can't believe people are calling for Shez's head. He is doing a fantastic job on the budget given to him. He strives to play football the right way and commands immense respect from the players. He is also excellent in giving our young players a chance in the first team. Stop throwing bricks at him or we will get another Ronnie Moore/Brian Talbot etc etc etc.

Fishal site

We regret to announce that the extended highlights of the game will not be showing until next week due to the match video not being available at present

Thank god!!!!!!! Best bit of news

Hopefully its because Shez has got it and is repeatedly making the team watch it!

How do you know Windass is on 5k? Where was this reported? It was reported a few weeks back that we had one of the lowest budgets in the division, if true, Shez is doing just fine. We have a few high earners but we also have alot of young players we've brought through ourselves who won't be on much. I doubt our wage budget and transfer kitty matches that of any of those around us in the play offs and you can add to that Leeds, Hudders and even the Trannies. We've spent pretty wisely and managed to put together a relatively strong squad, people are far too fast to get on Shez's back.

Exactly which imo should be looking at promotion with the quality in the squad, but are the recent performances promotion quality. NOPE. Thus the problem lies with the manager not utilising this fairly strong squad. Correct me if Im wrong.

with respect unfortunately on the day you were not...leeds said that last season FA cup ...ainsworth put them right...reading books by their covers is wishful thinking...we as teams are a mile apart agreed...good luck..fat lady and all that jazz

Edited by smee

You are 100% Smee, but with respect the League positions would suggest Leyland's point. Congratulations on a very deserved thumping which could kick start your survival. Yeovil, Swindon and yourselves have beaten us this season, I just hope our players have finally learned to be Professional in every game.