• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hope we are not getting into hunt the scapegoat here. Baaaaaaaaaaaa

I wish it was that simple

Nah mate, Lomax isn't the reason we lost today. But defensively he just looks nervous and has so many lapses in concentration.

Lomax isn't sole to blame

Lets not make him the next Richard Butcher !

Remember he is a RB not a left back, its a team game and too many players are not performing !

So if he's not left back he shouldn't be playing by virtue of the fact that it is not his position and if he's a right back he shouldn't be in the first team by virtue of the fact that Eardley is better. Either way Lomax should not be starting, he is a weak link.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

Lomax isn't sole to blame

Lets not make him the next Richard Butcher !

Remember he is a RB not a left back, its a team game and too many players are not performing !

he had a nightmare but so did the other 3 with him, no way he should be a scapegoat, if its apportioning blame shouldn't we look at the senior players gregan, hazell and hughes who were all dire today.

When Lomax played RB he did fine. Move him to LB to allow Eardley in and it goes wrong. Put him back to RB and sell Eardley and use the money for a left back

Well said that man :grin:

Note to the club, my car is full of petrol and ready to go where ever you get an offer for Boy Wonder Eardley ! I'll take him myself and bring Hardy the cheque back !

Nah mate, Lomax isn't the reason we lost today. But defensively he just looks nervous and has so many lapses in concentration.

I'm not sure he is the most confident of young men and it can't help when the Bison repotr our manager as saying he's looking for a LB, on a daily basis.

When Lomax played RB he did fine. Move him to LB to allow Eardley in and it goes wrong. Put him back to RB and sell Eardley and use the money for a left back

Y'see, what the hell? What game do you watch to say Lomax is better than Eardley?

Eardley gets slated for doing basic things like; hoofing the ball up field when the ball is loose around our area. He doesn't mess around.....and he never stands there and lets the ball roll past him.

Eardley's passing is crap? Distribution is wank? So what? He's a right back, his job is to defend that right side (left for the opponent), which he usually does (barring today) well. How many opposition goals come from individual errors from Eardley? How many goals come from individual errors from Lomax? I saw one today, not sure if he was accountable for any of the others and one on Monday. 2 in 2 games....

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

Eardley is crap. Lomax is crap. Liddel is crap. Taylor is crap. Davies is crap. Make your bloody minds up! Or, actually, I tell you what.... SUPPORT THE TEAM FOR A CHANGE AND QUIT HURLING ABUSE AT THEM DURING THE GAMES.

Eardley is crap. Lomax is crap. Liddel is crap. Taylor is crap. Davies is crap. Make your bloody minds up! Or, actually, I tell you what.... SUPPORT THE TEAM FOR A CHANGE AND QUIT HURLING ABUSE AT THEM DURING THE GAMES.

I'm one of the most mellow people on here, I'm not mad at the fact we lost today....it's one game. I still think we've got a good chance of finishing second, but what I've said is my genuine opinion, not an attack on the lad but I really think he's sub-par and a liability and have done for a good part of the season. I'll support the lad as long as he wears the shirt, but if he's not good enough, then he's not good enough. The only other player in the team who I don't think cuts the mustard is Liddell, got to agree with BigFin, he just doesn't have the legs and Smalley is much more of an attacking threat.

When I spend the past part of £100 for a game, travel drinks, programme etc, I'll hurl abuse if they aren't doing the basics right, such as trying.

How many opposition goals come from individual errors from Eardley?

Monkhouse on Monday night left NE for dead and Neal didint recover in time to stop the cross that Lomax put into his own net, so there is one example for you.

Ive had 3 glasses or Red now to help with the pain so I cant think of previous to Mondays game but Eardley has been responsible for a few goals this season !

IMO NE future is in midfieldn ot at RB !

Neals problem is he looks for the harder pass, lofting a 40 yard ball across the pitch that just ends up going to the opposition is not good enough when he could have played it square with the his own player and looked for the over-lap or even ( I know this is crazy) just played a neat ball into Midfield and let them do their job !

And just to add one more thing while I'm getting things off my chest - this is league 1. You want perfect football, go and watch some money grabbing team.

Agreed, Barring Windass and Hughes, there is a reason why ALL our players at this time are playing for OAFC !! They are not consistant enough to play at a higher level !

unbeaten in 6 with eards and lomax at FB before 2day

Lomax RB and Jones LB were in the team when we lost 4 in 11 and took 14points from 33

Pukka I watched the games when Lomax played RB and he did fine. Eyres 28 the stats are misleading. what was the points haul in those games because in this run we have been drawing alot

yes but we aint bin conceding many ... and people are pointing to the lack of defensive ability from both FBs

I'm one of the most mellow people on here, I'm not mad at the fact we lost today....it's one game. I still think we've got a good chance of finishing second, but what I've said is my genuine opinion, not an attack on the lad but I really think he's sub-par and a liability and have done for a good part of the season. I'll support the lad as long as he wears the shirt, but if he's not good enough, then he's not good enough. The only other player in the team who I don't think cuts the mustard is Liddell, got to agree with BigFin, he just doesn't have the legs and Smalley is much more of an attacking threat.

Wasn't a go at you personally, I'm just sick of fas picking one player at the start of the game and abusing them all through the game. Even if they start playing better.

Everyone has their own opinion on players. One person will like someone, another won't. That's just the way things are. I have no issues with discussions on here, it's the awful treatment the players get during the game that grates for me. And the fact people seem to think we should be playing like Barca. Yes we want to get out of this division, but there's a reason we're in it.

When I spend the past part of £100 for a game, travel drinks, programme etc, I'll hurl abuse if they aren't doing the basics right, such as trying.

Again, League 1. If the players got all basic right all the time, they wouldn't be playing for us. I wasn't at the game so I can't comment on their effort, but I think we will have to agree to disagree on you hurling abuse.

Yup both FB's are a problem eyres 28 but I think it is unfair to attack Lomax playing out of position ignoring the fact that he was much better in his natural RB position. It is the same with Taylor. What the hell is he doing on the left wing!!!! Shez should have sorted simple things like this before this season started.

We are doing well but some of the positions players are in is plain daft and there is little excuse for not sorting them out due to the length of time the problems have been there