Been coming for a while this...

Could see this result coming for a while. Lots of people seem shocked at this defeat, and the manner it happened but its not really surprised me.

We've been unbeaten for 10 games, but we've picked most of the points up through narrow margins and/or being the poorer side but getting a result. We just had not been punished for it... until today. I think the reason being purely with us underestimating them and Hereford playing like that showed no fear.

Lomax is copping for some serious stick on here for his performance today. He's a kid, and this is a huge learning curve for him today. The bigger culprits are the likes of Gregan and Hazell; vastly experienced between them and should have acted as leaders on the pitch. Windass and Hughes too - extremely disappointing and before anyone claims a lack of service, that still is no excuse for not fighting for the ball whenever it came towards one of them or actually dropping deep to collect balls. They both just simply stood with hands on hips expecting other people to do the fighting for them.

Midfield was completely blitzed today too. We desperately needed a calm head in the middle who can put their foot on the ball and start dictating play. Shez has mentioned that he hasn't got £2m to spare to pick one up but the lack of having someone of this quality is costing us vital points and WILL mean the difference between fighting for 1st or 2nd and scraping by our fingernails a place in the play offs.

But credit to Hereford. Certainly. They were the worse side by far to visit us this season, but more than made up for that and you could really tell that 0-4 defeat hurt them by the way they went about their business today. We now feel that pain, and the only way we can respond to that is to emerge from the traps next Saturday with a yard-dog attitude and an unbelievable desire to win. I want to see 50/50 challenges contested and every ball attacked with venom. No less will do for me.

Could see this result coming for a while. Lots of people seem shocked at this defeat, and the manner it happened but its not really surprised me.

We've been unbeaten for 10 games, but we've picked most of the points up through narrow margins and/or being the poorer side but getting a result. We just had not been punished for it... until today. I think the reason being purely with us underestimating them and Hereford playing like that showed no fear.

Lomax is copping for some serious stick on here for his performance today. He's a kid, and this is a huge learning curve for him today. The bigger culprits are the likes of Gregan and Hazell; vastly experienced between them and should have acted as leaders on the pitch. Windass and Hughes too - extremely disappointing and before anyone claims a lack of service, that still is no excuse for not fighting for the ball whenever it came towards one of them or actually dropping deep to collect balls. They both just simply stood with hands on hips expecting other people to do the fighting for them.

Midfield was completely blitzed today too. We desperately needed a calm head in the middle who can put their foot on the ball and start dictating play. Shez has mentioned that he hasn't got £2m to spare to pick one up but the lack of having someone of this quality is costing us vital points and WILL mean the difference between fighting for 1st or 2nd and scraping by our fingernails a place in the play offs.

But credit to Hereford. Certainly. They were the worse side by far to visit us this season, but more than made up for that and you could really tell that 0-4 defeat hurt them by the way they went about their business today. We now feel that pain, and the only way we can respond to that is to emerge from the traps next Saturday with a yard-dog attitude and an unbelievable desire to win. I want to see 50/50 challenges contested and every ball attacked with venom. No less will do for me.

Good point well made.

I will stick to how I post on here and will not comment on the performance in a match that I did not attend.

What I will say is that I disagree with this idea that 'it's been coming'. The same thing was being said on the Live Chat, and I don't believe it for one moment. I'll agree that a defeat has been coming, we could have lost (although also could have easily won) all those drawn games in the unbeaten run. A 5-0 tonking has not been coming...1-0, 2-0, 2-1 maybe...not 5-0! We haven't been that bad...

I just feel sorry for those who made the trip down, they deserved better. All I'm going to say is that for the first time I'm glad I've got Finals exams at the moment and couldn't legislate for going today!

What I will say is that I disagree with this idea that 'it's been coming'. The same thing was being said on the Live Chat, and I don't believe it for one moment. I'll agree that a defeat has been coming, we could have lost (although also could have easily won) all those drawn games in the unbeaten run. A 5-0 tonking has not been coming...1-0, 2-0, 2-1 maybe...not 5-0! We haven't been that bad...

Had Hazell and Gregan not been on their game (as they weren't today... by a long shot) then we'd have got a right shoeing there a fortnight ago. My point is we've been picking up points when we have not deserved them, and today we got punished. It had been coming, maybe not by such a great margin, but it was coming.

I will stick to how I post on here and will not comment on the performance in a match that I did not attend.

I just feel sorry for those who made the trip down, they deserved better. All I'm going to say is that for the first time I'm glad I've got Finals exams at the moment and couldn't legislate for going today!

no disrepect mate.

you were'nt there,as stated.

it was low beyond low.bad.

any wonder the floaters never return to BP,having never seen a decent home display since scunthorpe,a nd now reading/hearing of the biggest tonking we have deserved in 20 years?

mr shanks is 100% on the nose.

no disrepect mate.

you were'nt there,as stated.

it was low beyond low.bad.

any wonder the floaters never return to BP,having never seen a decent home display since scunthorpe,a nd now reading/hearing of the biggest tonking we have deserved in 20 years?

mr shanks is 100% on the nose.

I don't doubt that it was beyond low, it's gutting even to those who couldn't make it...can't imagine how pished off I'd be if I'd trekked all that way to watch what sounds like an immeasurably bad performance. All I'm saying is that whilst a defeat was probably on the cards at some point, a 5-0 tonking probably wasn't.

I don't doubt that it was beyond low, it's gutting even to those who couldn't make it...can't imagine how pished off I'd be if I'd trekked all that way to watch what sounds like an immeasurably bad performance. All I'm saying is that whilst a defeat was probably on the cards at some point, a 5-0 tonking probably wasn't.

as very odd as this may sound,at 3-0 i said,if we don't score asap we will get spanked.

hey ho,10 mins later...

but in all honesty,i wasn't surprised when it happened...it was ,TBH just waiting to happen.

2nd half,i,along with lots of others,were waiting for the after effects of a half time shez bollocking...10 mins(?) later the worst mistake of the game(lomas-lose him..now!)slashed on thoses silly hopes.

Lomax is copping for some serious stick on here for his performance today. He's a kid, and this is a huge learning curve for him today.

Lomax was like a rabbit caught in the headlights from the first minute. He has not turned into a bad player overnight, but is obviously suffering from a lack of confidence (refer to his recent LW interview). Why Sheridan didn't take him off and replace him with Stam when we went 2-0 down is beyond me. The lad clearly needs a break from first team duty so he can be given the opportunity to prove that he deserves a place in the squad, then the team and eventually that starting 11 again.

This is how you teach kids that consistency is vitally important.

Midfield was completely blitzed today too. We desperately needed a calm head in the middle who can put their foot on the ball and start dictating play.

Midfield blitzed?

No different to all but the first few games this season then.

Someone to put their foot on that ball and start dictating play?

Is it OK if they actually believe they are a good player? Is it OK if they want to earn the most money they can and play in full grounds every week? Perhaos play for a team who have played in the Champions League? Is it OK if they like to drink Orange Juice in Royton bars?

No - Danny Whittaker wears white boots so he must be good.

as discussed tonight..though some disagree with my opinion...

lomas has had to move position to accomodate eardley.

he's been terrible since....

and terrible is a polite way of saying it.

Not having a pop at Lomax - honestly - he played the ball in to MacDonald for the Everton goal and cut out the whole of the Everton midfield with one pass.

He just needs a break and to have his "focus reset" button pressed. He is a good enough player at either LB or RB for this league, but I don't think he knows that he is.

ok..who's fault would you say that is...(nothing patronising...i actualy know!)

mr tinker my arse.

Anyone can talk up their management stance......."I'm going to shake things up"....."I am not afraid to make changes"......"If you don't perform, there are people to replace you".....

But why didn't Sheridan replace Lomax with Stam in the first half?

Stammy can play LB and is better in the air. They were playing it up to their advanced midfielders and I think that Stammy would have been a great alternative for us today.

Anyone can talk up their management stance......."I'm going to shake things up"....."I am not afraid to make changes"......"If you don't perform, there are people to replace you".....

But why didn't Sheridan replace Lomax with Stam in the first half?

there is only one person who's opinion and actions relate to your questions in an affirmative manner.

and it ain't me! :grin:

Obviously nobody would have predicted the scoreline, but a defeat has been on the cards for weeks.

Stockport have already proved they can give us a start and still beat us, and unless there is a massive improvement in the football we're playing, with the corresponding confidence boost, we're in danger of repeating the 2006/07 season, when from mid-February we only won four games and totalled 17points.

It's time for the players to show how much they want promotion and start winning games consistently to keep in contention.

Yesterday's rude awakening experienced by the players could prove to be a blessing in disguise if dealt with properly, but only time will tell.

Shez IN and Keep the Faith.

AND the fact their fans mentioned our weakness down their right (our left) and they aimed to exploit it, by Christ they did. Ainsworth was superb. In the pub before the game the Bulls fans were saying things like "Walsall's the big 'un, get today out of the way etc" They expected a tonking instead they tonked us!

Lomax is copping for some serious stick on here for his performance today. He's a kid, and this is a huge learning curve for him today.

Kelv needs taking out of the firing line, I hope to high heaven Shez does not bring in a left-back then switch Kelv to the right because the boy does need a rest to regain some of his shattered belief in himself.

The bigger culprits are the likes of Gregan and Hazell; vastly experienced between them and should have acted as leaders on the pitch.

Despite the hype, IMO Hazell has been ropey for weeks.

Windass and Hughes too - extremely disappointing and before anyone claims a lack of service, that still is no excuse for not fighting for the ball whenever it came towards one of them or actually dropping deep to collect balls. They both just simply stood with hands on hips expecting other people to do the fighting for them.

Agree, but the service was pisspoor, Hughes in particular though has played like that for weeks but people fail to see it!

Time for Whitaker to be dropped, pisspor since the end of October and time for Lee or Stephens to be given a run, both box to box players both comfortable on the ball.

Yep, but part of me feels a sense of de ja vu and it is usually followed by a horrific run where players and management retreat into their shells and succumb to a series of toothless draws and defeats. I hope i'm wrong.....

Not really one to over hype individual games but Stockport is massive, lose and we're only a point clear. As I've said, Leeds will make the play offs and so will probably Huddersfield, who can you see dropping out to make way? Perhaps a team that went 10 unbeaten but in all honesty has won 2 games in 8?

Edited by oafcprozac