A transfer window performance?

This result didn't surprise me. We were under pressure to win. Some players are unsettled by transfer talk.(Hughes,Taylor maybe Eardley) and some are unsettled by recent performances and...TRANSFER TALK - Left back, right back, midfield) roll on Feb 2 with minimum disruption and we can all CONCENTRATE again ala Aug 2008 - Dec 2008. Seems the uncertainty of the transfer window has rocked the boat and our boys perform better during the NO THREAT period of the season - our squad has too many ? Marks at this critical stage of the season.Just a thought (or an excuse).

if i was a scout watching any of our team today,i'd be scrubbing thick black lines through every name on the latics teamsheet,with a note stating "don't bother again-useless".

I wish but they will see it as a one off so probably won't.

I wish but they will see it as a one off so probably won't.

They may see Hughes's performance as a one-off. Any scout who has been watching Taylor regularly will have noted that it was his sixth consecutive below-par performance. Eardley has done very little to impress scouts since getting back into the team.

They may see Hughes's performance as a one-off. Any scout who has been watching Taylor regularly will have noted that it was his sixth consecutive below-par performance. Eardley has done very little to impress scouts since getting back into the team.

the problem is if taylor is soooooo upset by all the transfer talk,and hence why his last 6 games havent been good, why in gods name doesnt shez see it and bench him...

he is undoubtedly a talent,but if he cant handle pressure he shouldnt be playing football..

eardley cant use the same excuse,as apparently every week for the last 2 seasons he's been onhis way with various offers...and hughes is big n ugly enough to not let a little speculation bother him....