Yesterday

Guest AMO

Guest amoweb

Now that i have recovered enough from yesterday, if we play every game as well as we played in the second half yesterday, we will not have any problems whatsoever.

What a great day out, it must rank as one of my best away days ever, Great crowd in the Coach And Horses, very vocal in the ground. Good to meet a few people.

Got speaking to a nice guy in the Doric Arch after game really nice guy he had travelled from Dublin to see the boys, hope you got back safe mate.

That little sh ite giving it large to us really did my head in.

Now that i have recovered enough from yesterday, if we play every game as well as we played in the second half yesterday, we will not have any problems whatsoever.

What a great day out, it must rank as one of my best away days ever, Great crowd in the Coach And Horses, very vocal in the ground. Good to meet a few people.

Got speaking to a nice guy in the Doric Arch after game really nice guy he had travelled from Dublin to see the boys, hope you got back safe mate.

if the 'dublin branch' gets in touch... tell him some are going over in june (twice!) and for a week between last away last home!!

I was talking to an Orient fan in the Coach and Horses afterwards, really friendly guy but he insisted on telling me how much harder it was being a small club in London compared to where Oldham is. Erm, OK.

I felt very norty with the singing on the Underground I must confess, I think we were scaring the crap out of people. Still, what can you do?

I was in the next carriage along from the noisy bunch on the train from Bank to Leyton - me and Inspiral were assuring some petrified looking women that they were all house trained, but they were excited as they'd never left Oldham before. Walshy (senior) chipped in, saying things like, "Are we in London yet? Is this London? Which way's London?" They thought the madhouse was having an open day :shock:

The guy from Dublin is a mate of OAFC_Prozac's and I bumped into them at about 11am In The Doric Arch. He's originally from Oldham but moved over there a while back. Really nice guy and between the two of us, I think we sampled all of the Real Ales that they had in the place.

Brilliant craic yesterday. The fans were superb at the match and never stopped for 90 minutes. I'm still hoarse this morning!

Great to meet so many new "User Names" yesterday as well as a few old friends. Ketsbaia; Diego_Sideburns; Azulmarino to name but a few of those I'd not met before.

And yes Lees, the Tube journeys were a bit noisy. I think a few High Street Shoppers wet themselves but the behaviour of our lot was great all in all.

Guest oa_exile
Cripes - another fan travelling from Dublin? I thought I was the only one who did that...

Must set up a Republic of Ireland Latics Fan Club - with a membership of at least two... Double the amount I expected...

Nohairdontcare

Send OAFC_Prozac a PM and introduce yourself and :oasissign1: Post on OASIS lower down , Mark and the boys would welcome you ! :OASISscarf:

Cheers Exile

And yes Lees, the Tube journeys were a bit noisy. I think a few High Street Shoppers wet themselves but the behaviour of our lot was great all in all.

You wasn't on the train back to manc :drinking66::drinking66::busted::bobby::argue::jailed:

You wasn't on the train back to manc :drinking66::drinking66::busted::bobby::argue::jailed:

So I've heard Sav!

The King's Cross- Newcastle Train was far more civilised. I just terrorised the little old lady sat next to me by breathing alcoholic fumes over her while snoring and dribbling. :sleeping:

Made her journey apparently.

I was talking to an Orient fan in the Coach and Horses afterwards, really friendly guy but he insisted on telling me how much harder it was being a small club in London compared to where Oldham is. Erm, OK.

was he the big guy who kept swaying about??

was he the big guy who kept swaying about??

There were two of them, one was probably the big guy you mean, who just stood there, I think he was steaming. It was his mate I meant.

It made no difference when I reeled off Man :censored:ty, Redd Soxx, Noblot, Blackburn, Pieheads, 2 x Scousers, Bury, Stockport, Rochdale, Preston, Other Scousers, Blackpool, not to mention Uddy, Leeds and others all within an hours drive. He was insisting that it was the difference in miles that mattered. My arse - you could get from Oldham to Birmingham as easily as you'd get from Leyton to Brentford.

Guest oa_exile
QUOTE(leeslover @ Mar 18 2007, 20:02 PM)

Neither was Walshy by the sound of it...

He wasn't the only one.

KtF,

Derek.

:mmm: Oi ,well come on spill the beans :naughty: ...........what did i miss out on :grin:

There were two of them, one was probably the big guy you mean, who just stood there, I think he was steaming. It was his mate I meant.

It made no difference when I reeled off Man :censored:ty, Redd Soxx, Noblot, Blackburn, Pieheads, 2 x Scousers, Bury, Stockport, Rochdale, Preston, Other Scousers, Blackpool, not to mention Uddy, Leeds and others all within an hours drive. He was insisting that it was the difference in miles that mattered. My arse - you could get from Oldham to Birmingham as easily as you'd get from Leyton to Brentford.

yeah them two were leaving then bumped into us lot and said they will stop fir a bit n buy us all a drink

big fella went to bar and just got him n his mate one!!

The guy from Ireland is called John.

The lads that I go with met him a few years back in Bournemouth, and we have since seen him all over the place.

He probably does a good dozen games a season at least and you will always find him in a boozer.

Proper nice chap to boot, I have had many a drunken conversation with him.

KtF,

Derek.

Come on Derek, dont leave the carrot dangling, what happened???

I wasn't in the same carriage when it happened but the police were a little fed up of all the singing and shouting apparently and ejected two at Stoke (Nik and Walshy).

There was a bit of marching around the station by a few of us trying to find out what happened and threats of further expulsions from the train if we didn't get back on despite the fact that others were only asking questions.

A further two were put off at Stockport.

OK everyone was drunk but the policing was a little heavy handed to say the least, very little tolerance. They would have been better chucking us all in one carriage, we probably could have filled one, and letting us get on with our rowdiness. Wasn't particularly a very good journey home, but we hung on in Manchester and waited for the returning bad eggs; not that we needed any more beer but it was an excuse to do so.

KtF,

Derek.

Guest amoweb

Was it BTP or GMP who were on the train with you guys, if it was GMP the fat copper was most proberly PC "im hard when i have my uniform on and baton in my hand" Devine. Hes a proper Fat Joey.

He pulled us as we where leaving Euston earlier in the morning asking how many Oldham were on our train, then a WPC from the Met pulled us at Leyton Tube asking the same question, think they had got it into there heads to give us all a hard time right from the start.

Was it BTP or GMP who were on the train with you guys, if it was GMP the fat copper was most proberly PC "im hard when i have my uniform on and baton in my hand" Devine. Hes a proper Fat Joey.

He pulled us as we where leaving Euston earlier in the morning asking how many Oldham were on our train, then a WPC from the Met pulled us at Leyton Tube asking the same question, think they had got it into there heads to give us all a hard time right from the start.

I asked him and 2 others of the welcoming party for directions in the morning, as I'd thought the Doric Arches was hard to the left rather than straight on. I'm not sure they knew how to take my comment, "bloody hell - there were these three coppers right - a Manc, a Cockney and a Scouser..." Probably as well I was sober and on my own.

Devine is the one who got Chaddy thrown out at Donny the other year!

Guest amoweb

The fat one with Glasses, he was waiting at Euston yesterday morning supposed to be spotting for the Met, his side kick PC Cooke (he's ok really, willing to have a laugh with us) was outside the Coach And Horses. Both proberly being very well paid on OT to watch the Latics.