Fighting

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The funniest part about the 'fighting' was that the GM Police Intelligence Officer only arrived on the scene after both 'combatants' had been ejected. He had to ask the Latics supporters stood at the front to help him with his enquiries about what had gone on in his absence. :lol:

Thats PC Cooke for you !!! Intelligence office you say ?? :unsure: Sure that can't be right !

Thats PC Cooke for you !!! Intelligence office you say ?? :unsure: Sure that can't be right !

He's the Officer armed with the Police Intelligence on Latics fans.

He and his Essex counterpart gave the Latics 9 their blessing in the Southend pub. On hearing of the 9's ejection after the Police had left, he was flabbergasted and subsequently got his Essex counterpart to take up the matter with the pub concerned.

P.S All 9 were reunited just inside the turnstiles yesterday - quite a moving occasion. B)

He's the Officer armed with the Police Intelligence on Latics fans.

He and his Essex counterpart gave the Latics 9 their blessing in the Southend pub. On hearing of the 9's ejection after the Police had left, he was flabbergasted and subsequently got his Essex counterpart to take up the matter with the pub concerned.

P.S All 9 were reunited just inside the turnstiles yesterday - quite a moving occasion. B)

Is there a "I'm bored of this story icon Mods ?"

You were asked to leave a pub - Ring the The Times

maybe it was due to the landlord thinking a regular may hit you or someone in your group later in the day and it was done for your safety ?

Is there a "I'm bored of this story icon Mods ?"

You were asked to leave a pub - Ring the The Times

maybe it was due to the landlord thinking a regular may hit you or someone in your group later in the day and it was done for your safety ?

This is what you're looking for. :bored:

Just glad to give you the opportunity to express a new opinion on this story.

P.S. What a refreshing change to be welcomed warmly to the Hereford pubs.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

This is what you're looking for. :bored:

Just glad to give you the opportunity to express a new opinion on this story.

P.S. What a refreshing change to be welcomed warmly to the Hereford pubs.

Why is that Diego?

Have you not previously been welcomed warmly in the Hereford Pubs?

I know it's 32 years since we were there but that is a long time too hold a grudge. :wink:

Mind you judging by the way you keep going on about your fully justified (so I understand) ejection from the Southend pub I can believe that you would hold a grudge for a long time. :tongue1:

Cheers,

Harry

Why is that Diego?

Have you not previously been welcomed warmly in the Hereford Pubs?

I know it's 32 years since we were there but that is a long time too hold a grudge. :wink:

Mind you judging by the way you keep going on about your fully justified (so I understand) ejection from the Southend pub I can believe that you would hold a grudge for a long time. :tongue1:

Cheers,

Harry

You've got me wrong Harry. I'm only a part-timer - first time at Hereford yesterday, although I'm almost a regular in a pub in Southend. :grin:

I don't call it holding grudges, I just like to drop hints about injustices. Did I tell you about going to see the Inspiral Carpets in London? B)

Apparently this was mentioned on sky sports.

Met a nice guy called stefan on the train, who said that a group of city fans had come down with his mates, basically looking for a fight. He reckoned that was what the trouble was.

It didn't end at the ground either. There was a group of Citeh fans and they were spoiling. When they piled off the train at Piccadilly a good mate of mine (who was paralytic, but not aggressive) got sparked clean out in Piccadilly station by one of them. For a moment I thought he'd killed him as he hit him close to the temple which gave a sickening sound.

And I know a couple of Latics fans who know said bunch too. Not nice.

It didn't end at the ground either. There was a group of Citeh fans and they were spoiling. When they piled off the train at Piccadilly a good mate of mine (who was paralytic, but not aggressive) got sparked clean out in Piccadilly station by one of them. For a moment I thought he'd killed him as he hit him close to the temple which gave a sickening sound.

And I know a couple of Latics fans who know said bunch too. Not nice.

There was a bunch of lads in the pub before the game, some city and utd chants but all in good humour!

The lads who were 'fighting' in the ground were with them, they were all chanting FYC and no surrender etc