Its been mentioned before

Is the club getting rid of the Reserves!!

To be honest we have had reserve teams for the last 11 seasons but we are still stuck in this crap division. The players that played yesterday (bar maybe Windass) have had enough games this season to be match fit so the no reserves malarky makes bugger all difference.

Players like Lee, Stephens, Fleming (before he got into the 1st team) Ogrady, Lewis, Davies are all running on imo 70 % because they are NOT match fit !

If they are thrown into the 1st team they are off there game which means the teams suffers

Ogrady and davies are then sent out on loan to score goals for other teams

Stephens and lee are left playing PS3 and getting frustrated.

Being able to run 10 miles and feeling ok isnt being match fit !

Is the club getting rid of the Reserves!!

To be honest we have had reserve teams for the last 11 seasons but we are still stuck in this crap division. The players that played yesterday (bar maybe Windass) have had enough games this season to be match fit so the no reserves malarky makes bugger all difference.

I agree that scrapping the reserves is crazy - especially if we have a bad run of injuries/bad form etc.ves has

Though I don't see how not having a reserve side has had an affect on us so far this season?

I believe Sheridan has played his strongest players when available and apart from the likes of Lee, Stephens, O grady, Smalley, Stam who will be classed as 'squad' players, the little amount of 1st team football they have seen, playing reserve team footy is unlikely to have improved them significantly enough to push for 1st team footy imo

Players like Lee, Stephens, Fleming (before he got into the 1st team) Ogrady, Lewis, Davies are all running on imo 70 % because they are NOT match fit !

If they are thrown into the 1st team they are off there game which means the teams suffers

Ogrady and davies are then sent out on loan to score goals for other teams

Stephens and lee are left playing PS3 and getting frustrated.

Being able to run 10 miles and feeling ok isnt being match fit !

Have to agree with everything apart from the bit about O'Grady scoring goals for other teams.... :lol:

I note that he got 24 minutes for Bradford yesterday :wink:

If there was no point in having a reserves why would most teams have them, doesnt make sense. Also think that the lack of competition for places is worrying, im sure kalala could have done a job yesterday for example.

Possibly/probably not/maybe/ Ask BigFin.. :grin:

Either way, he wouldn't have been picked, the same goes for lee, Stephens and yesterday, surprisingly, neither was Allott.

I think there is competition, but not necessarily in the teams shape that we have seen them so far this season

I think its down to cost and budgets - last year we couldn't run two teams and ended up with trainees/youth team players playing in the stiffs and getting hammered.

Unfortunatley there isn't a suitable standard for latics res to play in, the pontins prem we got hammered every week yet the year before we were undefeated. Unibond etc isn't strong enough and you need first teams to play every week.

We can't play in the conference as again its first teams only and asking us to would put us in the same bracket as the prem league teams that want to play reserves in the FL.

Its a tough one I think - maybe we need a regional reserve league set up for the teams in each division eg League 1 Nth Res and League 1 Sth Res as well as entry to Mcr Senior cup etc

This isn't just a question for Latics though more the football league set up