Selection Question.

Because thats all we've got.

Imo this is the worst centre midfield we've had in a long time, all three are decent enough players (I won't count Lee and Stephens because they haven't been given a chance) but theres no player there that can touch what Murray, Kilkenny or Wellens gave us,

Who are the 3 'hard tackling' midfielders to replace them??

We had options that had more 'bite'.

My point was that from a selection viewpoint, Maher was left with a lot of work to do. Surely Allott and Maher should have been the centre midfield partnership.

We had options that had more 'bite'.

My point was that from a selection viewpoint, Maher was left with a lot of work to do. Surely Allott and Maher should have been the centre midfield partnership.

With you saying '3 lightweight midfielders', i presume you mean Taylor, Whits and Smalley - Which 'heavyweight' midfielders would you like to replace them with. Allott out of the 5 is the only one with any 'bite'. - I agree we are a bit powder puff in that area, in fact - My late Granny 'sponge gums' who had false teeth for 20 years had more bite than Whits, Taylor and Smalley.

So I will ask again, which 3 midfielders do you want to play instead with more bite??

And Senor is spot on, we so badly lack a player of Murray, Kilkenney and Wellens' ability.

With you saying '3 lightweight midfielders', i presume you mean Taylor, Whits and Smalley - Which 'heavyweight' midfielders would you like to replace them with. Allott out of the 5 is the only one with any 'bite'. - I agree we are a bit powder puff in that area, in fact - My late Granny 'sponge gums' who had false teeth for 20 years had more bite than Whits, Taylor and Smalley.

So I will ask again, which 3 midfielders do you want to play instead with more bite??

And Senor is spot on, we so badly lack a player of Murray, Kilkenney and Wellens' ability.

Kalala oh no he ditched him.

And my point was not which 3 biting midfield players should have come in and I am in agreement we are lightweight in that area but that leaving Allott on the bench was a disaster and then to compound the problem of our midfield being over-run, JS then replaces Maher with Allott.

Anyway Jason Jarrett isn't catching at Preston again. I thought he looked more than useful when he got fit.

And my point was not which 3 biting midfield players should have come in and I am in agreement we are lightweight in that area but that leaving Allott on the bench was a disaster and then to compound the problem of our midfield being over-run, JS then replaces Maher with Allott.

Anyway Jason Jarrett isn't catching at Preston again. I thought he looked more than useful when he got fit.

He didn't bite :grin:

He didn't bite :grin:

Jarrett's best performance was the Hudds home game when if you remember he played off the 1 striker we had fit at the time...not as a midfield scrapper. Time and tide is once again giving people rose-tinted views, but isn't that always the way. After the Hartlepool game Shez would've been pilloried on here if he had changed a winning team...he didn't...so now he's pilloried. Let's face it anyone can pick a side to 'win' a game after the event.

Edited by lookers87