A Scarf Raiser

Well, as spirits have been knocked and ... we lost ... How's about we have a scarf raiser at BP?

Not really sure what song could be used ... but at least it may/will get spirits a little higher as Shez said to get the crowd up.

Also, it will make a change from "The Great Escape"

What d'you wreck?

Id love to see this happen, however the pessimist in me feels this would not be possible due to having to inform everyone to bring a scarf. If scarfs were to be handed out on the turnstiles, what would the cost of it be, and who would cover it?? would the tta be willing to fork out for it? even if it was to get past this stage how many people would actually join in, as some people just dont join in to create any atmosphere and concentrate solely on the game, which is well within their rights. Like the idea though and when ive seen it in action it does look impressive!!

(I assume you mean what im talking about, and your not using "scarf raiser" as another term for a good song to get us going, if so feel free to ignore me :grin: )

Edited by Oafc88

Id love to see this happen, however the pessimist in me feels this would not be possible due to having to inform everyone to bring a scarf. If scarfs were to be handed out on the turnstiles, what would the cost of it be, and who would cover it?? would the tta be willing to fork out for it? even if it was to get past this stage how many people would actually join in, as some people just dont join in to create any atmosphere and concentrate solely on the game, which is well within their rights. Like the idea though and when ive seen it in action it does look impressive!!

(I assume you mean what im talking about, and your not using "scarf raiser" as another term for a good song to get us going, if so feel free to ignore me :grin: )

Well I would of thought alot of people would bring a scarf as it's not warm at BP this time of year :wink:

I'll ignore that lol

What song though...

wouldnt work in the rre as some miserable old git behind you would break off from there anti lomax/eardly/allot/liddle etc tirade to tell you to "put that bloody scarf down or il get astewrad" and thats ten minuits before kick off !

quick edit 5minuits before kick off then mark !

bloody picky

If the NSM stand was still there, things would be different. They'd have another stand where they could all moan together (other than the Main Stand).

I think in that case, somebody else should start it off ... drown out the Eardley shouts ...

I am pretty sure you guys would join in. Should we not "spread the word" of this?

Write to alan.hardy@oldhamathletic.co.uk to suggest this and he may promote it via the OS and the rarely wrong Chron for a future game. The Club's rarely wrong media partner might get people interested, especially the kids, and the Club could gain from the sale of scarves. You've nothing to lose.

Would be great but just would not work as we are in the small section with everyone mixed up with those;

Just interested in watchning the game than singing / scarf raiser (which is certainly not a critism)

Most who stand are more interested in the oppo fans than anything else (which I find pointless)

Would be great but just would not work as we are in the small section with everyone mixed up with those;

Just interested in watchning the game than singing / scarf raiser (which is certainly not a critism)

Most who stand are more interested in the oppo fans than anything else (which I find pointless)

Well I see what you mean but this time, it's different. Wow that sounded pretty good.

This will be to show our pride and passion for the club ... plus the 5-0 loss ... well it shows we never give up!