Keeping a low profile today

Just going to do a topic on the same thing.

I have been in less than an hour. People who I previously thought had no interest have even passed comment. Never said a word in our unbeaten ten game run.

So far I have had:

"That was a bad result on Saturday". No **** Sherlock. Bad doesn't describe it.

"Five nil? Did you go? Aren't they at the bottom?". Yes. Yes. Yes.

"Were you in goals for Oldham at weekend?".

This will continue all week. So, cheers Latics <_<

I have been in less than an hour. People who I previously thought had no interest have even passed comment. Never said a word in our unbeaten ten game run.

So far I have had:

ive has "why do you waste your money?"

"that was a bad result wasnt it"

"how did steve guinan manage to score a hat trick"

So far I have had:

no no no sod all that heads held high!!!!

just come back with the usual "did you go to bolton" "have you been to old traffold" "when was the last time you had a season ticket" REMOTE CONTROL REDS HATE THEM ALL

ive has "why do you waste your money?"

"that was a bad result wasnt it"

"how did steve guinan manage to score a hat trick"

whats the point in keeping a low profile and hiding the fact of who you support...

i work with a lot of reds n blues and i certainly wont be hiding,ill be taking the proverbial out of them for being in a league that has no passion or pride and just greed

whats the point in keeping a low profile and hiding the fact of who you support...

i work with a lot of reds n blues and i certainly wont be hiding,ill be taking the proverbial out of them for being in a league that has no passion or pride and just greed

My money's on them saying you're jealous!

My money's on them saying you're jealous!

jealous of paying over £700 for a season ticket.....jealous of having to queue for pies after 10 mins because the queue's that long....

im not jealous of them one bit,sooner or later they will capitulate into obscurity again like they previously did winning nothing,then you will see how many glory hunters stay behind to follow them.

the only part i am envious about is there marketing strategy and commercial department......

My head is as high as usual and not hiding from anyone. Hardly a matter of life and death is it? So the team got dicked, they are the ones who should be feeling lower than a snakes belly today, not us.

Time for them to come out fighting now, let Eardley show us why he is in the Welsh team, how Davies scored those goals for Stocky, for Whitaker to show how he shone in a poor Vale side, for Hughes to prove he is worth £400,000, that Maher could have still been in the Championship, that Taylor could hack it at Wolves, that Smalley should replace Liddell, that Liddell shouldn't be dropped again.

This is much more important than a few plastic's taunts today which can be shrugged off and laughed along with.

jealous of paying over £700 for a season ticket.....jealous of having to queue for pies after 10 mins because the queue's that long....

im not jealous of them one bit,sooner or later they will capitulate into obscurity again like they previously did winning nothing,then you will see how many glory hunters stay behind to follow them.

the only part i am envious about is there marketing strategy and commercial department......

You know that. I know that, but it's the stock jibe they come out with.

I've been very pleasantly surprised. Nobody has taken the piss. In fact, most of the genuine football fans fave come over to commiserate.

Including a Leeds fan!!!

Brother in law and father in law tried dishing a bit out yesterday as the amount of grief they get from me with them being Wigan RL fans and me a Saint, meant they saw it as an opportunity to claw a little back. Being a a Latic for 23 years means it's water off a duck's back. ":censored: happens, I said - I'll be there next week, it's happened before and it'll happen again!"

The only time latics related so-called banter has got to me wasthe day after the Replay at Maine Road in '94, I was still recovering from THAT goal and then to be destroyed in the manner we were was hard to take then the pisstaking just went up a level. In the end lets say I just had a quiet word with one plastic red.

Edited by oafcprozac

It's impossible for me to keep a low profile really as I'm too well known at work etc as a Latics fan.

I've had the usual banter / ribbing etc with a Tranmere ST holder I work with and also 2 Leeds die hards who I know, I don't mind this in the least I give it out so have got to be able to take it and it is all good natured.

What I do not and never will accept is Manure and Citeh "fans" taking the piss when they never go and probably don't know where the grounds even are. I just tell them to **** Off.

Head is always held high were Latics are concerned.

You think you've had it bad! I was born in Hereford and lived in Herefordshire until I left home aged 18. My family are Hereford United fans, and my mum still regularly attends matches, although she couldn't go on Saturday, as she's been ill recently.

I used the match as an excuse to visit my parents, who still live in Herefordshire.

On the way to the pub before the match, I met, purely by chance, a guy that I went to school with. Thank goodness I didn't meet him after the match.

All my siblings texted or rang me to take the mick, even my mum was ready with some witty banter when I got to her house.

Gotta say it doesnt really bother me any jibes sent my way by the genuine fans, though what really does my head in is non-football/scum and :censored:ty fans who have never been to OT and the council house or barely ever do. Its really hard to get back at these folk as they have'nt that big a passion for football, so any insults about their team dont register. Ive now just started biding my time and wait for them to claim they love or really follow football/their team and show them up in front of the people they are telling.

Its been fairly effective :grin:

Edited by Oafc88

Gotta say it doesnt really bother me any jibes sent my way by the genuine fans, though what really does my head in is non-football/scum and :censored:ty fans who have never been to OT and the council house or barely ever do. Its really hard to get back at these folk as they have'nt that big a passion for football, so any insults about their team dont register. Ive now just started biding my time and wait for them to claim they love or really follow football/their team and show them up in front of the people they are telling.

Its been fairly effective :grin:

Ask them what their club's next couple of fixtures are. They won't have a clue!

It doesnt bother me, nothing you can do about it, it's not like back in the days when I used to play football and get beat heavilly because you know then that it's your own fault and you do feel stupid. I work in the Hope Valley and most colleagues dont follow football, I was speaking to a Wednesday fan about it but he wasnt taking the piss, just annoyed that he had us down to win on his accumilator. My boss is a cocky arrogant West Ham fan, but he cant talk too much about hammerings can he?

My head is as high as usual and not hiding from anyone. Hardly a matter of life and death is it? So the team got dicked, they are the ones who should be feeling lower than a snakes belly today, not us.

Time for them to come out fighting now, let Eardley show us why he is in the Welsh team, how Davies scored those goals for Stocky, for Whitaker to show how he shone in a poor Vale side, for Hughes to prove he is worth £400,000, that Maher could have still been in the Championship, that Taylor could hack it at Wolves, that Smalley should replace Liddell, that Liddell shouldn't be dropped again.

This is much more important than a few plastic's taunts today which can be shrugged off and laughed along with.

Now thats the Spirit !

This is the speech Gaffer Boss Shez should be giving them