The revolution

Been asked by my mate this morning what happened on the revolution on Saturday for the report on the latics game?

I take it Broady did the commentating? Anyone know what he did or said for them to issue an apology and to say they hope he still has a job or something to that effect?

probably played that ridiculous lets get ready to rumble jingle!!!

I listened to Broady and he was class. started by predicting a 3 nil win for us and it all went Pete Tong from there. He was brutally honest whilst still retaining a professional approach. He basically said that the back 4 hadn't turned up, mentioned the quality of their right winger and playing for pride in the 2nd half etc. He said what has been reflected, by the sensible majority, on here that it could have been more, although we could have scored too. He didn't slaughter Lomax but I guess he was a little surprised as many where that he wasn't put out of his misery at half time. He did say it was the worst he's seen in 20 years, but its only 3 points dropped - tomorrows another day and all that. Just hope he doesn't go back to comfort eating!

I listened to Broady and he was class. started by predicting a 3 nil win for us and it all went Pete Tong from there. He was brutally honest whilst still retaining a professional approach. He basically said that the back 4 hadn't turned up, mentioned the quality of their right winger and playing for pride in the 2nd half etc. He said what has been reflected, by the sensible majority, on here that it could have been more, although we could have scored too. He didn't slaughter Lomax but I guess he was a little surprised as many where that he wasn't put out of his misery at half time. He did say it was the worst he's seen in 20 years, but its only 3 points dropped - tomorrows another day and all that. Just hope he doesn't go back to comfort eating!

I don't understand why his job is in doubt with that lot.

I don't understand why his job is in doubt with that lot.

Morning All,

This is the first I've heard about anything being said so anyone that can enlighten me to anything said when I was off-air would be appreciated. Press facilities at Hereford were poor at best and I had to use a mobile phone so was unable to listen to the show in progress.... Pretty sure I didn't say anything that could have any legal connotations and I think that Delfer summed up what I said pretty well. As far as I know I haven't been sacked!!

For what it's worth and I said it after the game, I think it was a 1 off, remember getting thumped at Oxford during the title season, Stockport won't know whats hit them this weekend.. Keep The Faith!

Broady, the reason i asked was that one of my mates turned on his radio whilst driving somewhere and he heard the presenter saying something along the lines of......

May we apologise on behalf of the station for anyone who was upset with what they heard. The rules for presenters are that they should be passionate but at the same time report the facts and not make personal views known. He hoped that what was said was not going to "cost someone there job".

Like i said, this has come from second hand info, i obviously wasnt listening as i was at the game but he was adamant it was the revolution he was listening to. Hope it all works out fine if it was you though.

Broady, the reason i asked was that one of my mates turned on his radio whilst driving somewhere and he heard the presenter saying something along the lines of......

May we apologise on behalf of the station for anyone who was upset with what they heard. The rules for presenters are that they should be passionate but at the same time report the facts and not make personal views known. He hoped that what was said was not going to "cost someone there job".

Like i said, this has come from second hand info, i obviously wasnt listening as i was at the game but he was adamant it was the revolution he was listening to. Hope it all works out fine if it was you though.

Cheers Chaddy and Delfer, I will endevour to find out more from the Powers that be!!

I can't wait for franny's rallying call of, come on you make the difference, you are the twelth man etc etc.

My identity has been rumbled now Broady hasn't it?

but come on.."lets get ready to rumbleeeeee"...hardly instilling and intimmidatory element into home games is it....

we need some inspiring music to send out the rallying cry,maybe starting off with some tchikovsky(the music from the old spice add) it builds to a crescendo

just a thought,lol

we need some inspiring music to send out the rallying cry,maybe starting off with some tchikovsky(the music from the old spice add) it builds to a crescendo

just a thought,lol

nah just spake thara thruster used for the moon landings and in the film 2001

that builds into acreshendo aswell

mind you after saturday think here come the girls for our back four !

but come on.."lets get ready to rumbleeeeee"...hardly instilling and intimmidatory element into home games is it....

just a thought,lol

Remember to suggest it for next seaon's poll.

just a thought,lol

Pedants corner suggests you try Carl Orff ("Carmina Burana") for the Old Spice music. Tchaikovsky (Чайковский) composed some fabulous rousing pieces - but not that one.

I agree we could do with something stirring and intimidating as the team are preparing for kick off though.