Shez:I'll sort it. Gregan apologises to fans

In tonight's rarely wrong Chron Shez says:

“Do the players deserve to be paid this week after that performance?

“Our first-half display was shambolic. Not one of my players was up for the fight and if I had started on them I would have been in the changing room at midnight. I would have ended up fighting with them."

“I will sort things out in my own way and, believe me, there won’t be a repeat.”

Athletic captain Sean Gregan described the performance as “embarrassing” and said sorry to the fans on behalf of the players.

Gregan went on: “You can get away with a couple of players having an off day, but when it is nine you have no chance."

A couple of snippets from the rarely wrong Chron's match report:

Half-time: And, while the hosts left the field to a standing ovation, Athletic’s 703-strong following chanted their anger to the players they came to support.

Full-time: The frustration of the fans was evident at the final whistle. Some of the players went over to acknowledge the travelling support and were greeted with abusive gestures.

We will see how sorry they are on Saturday. We need a response and a good one.

True, but as fans we need to now get behind them. The players know that the fans are less than pleased to say the least, regarding the hereford performance, so we might as well move on as well and just get right behind them again. I'll be embarrassed to be and Oldham fan if the crowd are on the players backs from the off against Stockport.

Edited by LeylandLatic

A couple of snippets from the rarely wrong Chron's match report:

Half-time: And, while the hosts left the field to a standing ovation, Athletic’s 703-strong following chanted their anger to the players they came to support.

Full-time: The frustration of the fans was evident at the final whistle. Some of the players went over to acknowledge the travelling support and were greeted with abusive gestures.

Following on from a week of supporters attacking supporters over what is said to players I have to say, I am fully behind the supporters.... Unacceptable display from the players....

True, but as fans we need to now get behind them. The players know that the fans are less than pleased to say the least, regarding the hereford performance, so we might as well move on as well and just get right behind them again. I'll be embarrassed to be and Oldham fan if the crowd are on the players backs from the off against Stockport.

I will be behind them on saturday and agree that all the fans should be. But if we dont see the right attitude from the players we both know they'll get :censored:. Saturday will be a tough game, but coming on the back of the worst result for a large number of years must act as motivation

I will be behind them on saturday and agree that all the fans should be. But if we dont see the right attitude from the players we both know they'll get :censored:. Saturday will be a tough game, but coming on the back of the worst result for a large number of years must act as motivation

Saturday, they need to win and they need to do it well too. Every tackle must be won. The players must show the fans that they still have it in them. We need to see some real passion from them.

The weekend was massively disappointing but the sooner we get a win under our belts it can be forgotten about and we can look to get another good unbeaten run going.

TTA should fine the players and give the money to the travelling fans

In tonight's rarely wrong Chron Shez says:

"Do the players deserve to be paid this week after that performance?

"Our first-half display was shambolic. Not one of my players was up for the fight and if I had started on them I would have been in the changing room at midnight. I would have ended up fighting with them."

"I will sort things out in my own way and, believe me, there won't be a repeat."

Athletic captain Sean Gregan described the performance as "embarrassing" and said sorry to the fans on behalf of the players.

Gregan went on: "You can get away with a couple of players having an off day, but when it is nine you have no chance."

Shez obviously reads OWTB. :grin:

Gregan also says "Some of them had shocking games and I have not seen them play like that since I have been at the club"

You were also :censored: Sean, you have been that :censored: several times since you've been at the club. Typical of him not to look at himself when he is skipper and played in a back four that gave 5 goals aways against a gash team.

I hope the players don't read that on their PCs and feel like he's picking on them :peepwall:

i hope they do look on there pc's and see it,then they might have some understanding at just how frustrated the manager is at having to field questions about there performance...

wrapping them in cotton wool sunday to saturday is no good,they need to see how everybody has reacted to this awfull showing,then do something about it...

the players will aready know how bad they played,otherwise if they dont they really do live in cloud cuckoo land.

Gregan also says "Some of them had shocking games and I have not seen them play like that since I have been at the club"

You were also :censored: Sean, you have been that :censored: several times since you've been at the club. Typical of him not to look at himself when he is skipper and played in a back four that gave 5 goals aways against a gash team.

Where does he say that he doesn't include himself as having been poor? His statement is that some have never been that bad previously.

"Typical of him" ?? What's that mean? He's had poor games but recently has been excellent - and is thought of very highly by his teammates. Lots of evidence of that in statements over the months by them.

Where does he say that he doesn't include himself as having been poor? His statement is that some have never been that bad previously.

"Typical of him" ?? What's that mean? He's had poor games but recently has been excellent - and is thought of very highly by his teammates. Lots of evidence of that in statements over the months by them.

I don't know if you've seen Gregan play but every mistake he makes is followed by him ranting and raving at someone else to shift the blame.

If he had said "Some of us had shocking games and I have not seen us play like that since I have been at the club" that would have shown some responsibilty but instead he passed it all onto "them".

I don't know if you've seen Gregan play but every mistake he makes is followed by him ranting and raving at someone else to shift the blame.

If he had said "Some of us had shocking games and I have not seen us play like that since I have been at the club" that would have shown some responsibilty but instead he passed it all onto "them".

Absolute , utterly, complete, all encompassing, total, comprehensive, male genitals.

also his billy big bollocks attitude is filtering downwards. the example he sets as a captain is not a good one, thankfully more and more people realise this by the game. shame about the management.

Congratulations patronising post of the day award. Gregan on form would make ANY team in this division bar Leeds, is highly respected by his fellow pros...if in doubt ask one.

Petes spot on utter tosh......

I'm not aware I have said he's not a good player, i'm a big fan of Gregan. I am not impressed by the fact that he seems to have shifted the focus onto them rather than us however. Its a continuation of what we see on the pitch where he blames anyone within ear shot whenever things go wrong for him. Top player, not sure about his leadership skills in difficult periods of games.

I added the patronising bit to see if anyone would be sad enough to pick up on it, well done.

Yeah, yeah, won't happen again. Heard the same after Swindon away about certain players feeling they had a divine right to be in the team, well not anymore we were told, we've players on the bench who'll be coming in!

(the only changes for the next game were Ormerod and Davies out - the latter being a mere SUB that day!)

Well done Gaffer...sorry...Shez.

E4e

DJAVU