Left Back Signs on Loan

That's what i'm afraid of...

Me too on that front.......we shall see i guess

Scott G is held in high regard at the Royals, i think playing wise we can expect a bit of the Ryan Bertrand about him, an attacing FB but who can defend, and will only get better with a run of games - as we saw with Bertrand who just got better & better the longer he was with us.

Scott G at LB & Eards at RB for me then on sat, with Kelvin out of the firing line for a while to work hard in traing & try and regain some confidence; maybe even send him out for a month to a Dale or the linke again; as it worked for him this time last year?????

Says on LW that he is an attacking LB who knows how to defend

Daniel Jones in disguise:)

Apart from the bit about knowing how to defend, you mean? :lol:

Welcome, Scott. Strange how truth follows fiction sometimes - all I can say is I hope you're better than you are in Football Manager 2008 ... :wink:

Just looked on a Wycombe forum, some views on Golbourne given to a different Oldham fan...

He was superb for us. I thought he would have been a Reading first team regular by now

Having seen him play in a few Reading games this season, like carling cup games, he hasn't looked championship material but was quality when he played for us.

league one should be at home, attacking wise a class act, ashley cole like.

Attacking left back who has pace and vision going forward. Not the greatest with his head.

Should be good enough for Lge 1, you would need a mobile left midfielder in front of him to get the best out of his overlapping.

Surprised he has gone to you in Oldham though(distance), if what I am told is true he was not consulted on the loan move.

He did very well with us. Looked like a decent full-back and wouldn't have minded signing him.

He should do well for you.

With the right nuturing he could have gone on to big things

he is a strong left back, decent cross on him as well as good basic defence. He was pretty young when he was with us, I'm sure he's improved from the already promising player he was back then.

Good signing, in short.

Sounds good then...could be on to a winner, especially if we can keep hold of that mobile left winger...

Edited by jsslatic

Just to add a couple of quotes from Wycombe fans (where he played 2 seasons ago):

"I was very impressed with Golbourne when we had him on loan. Seemed pretty confident in the left back spot. Scored one absolute cracker for us when he came forward unchallenged. But yeah a good player, who can get forward and put in a cross too. Not sure he'll ever make the Prem but I reckon he'd be worth a go in the Championship someday."

"A good solid left back, can be a bit slow in getting back sometimes and his positioning can be a bit suspect. But he is a good strong tackler and has a wise head on young shoulders. He should make a good impression in your backline."

Just to add a couple of quotes from Wycombe fans (where he played 2 seasons ago):

"I was very impressed with Golbourne when we had him on loan. Seemed pretty confident in the left back spot. Scored one absolute cracker for us when he came forward unchallenged. But yeah a good player, who can get forward and put in a cross too. Not sure he'll ever make the Prem but I reckon he'd be worth a go in the Championship someday."

"A good solid left back, can be a bit slow in getting back sometimes and his positioning can be a bit suspect. But he is a good strong tackler and has a wise head on young shoulders. He should make a good impression in your backline."

Looks like we should be playing Allot then. As if he is a bit slow in getting back we need to play Allot as he is the only midfielder this season to have tracked back consistently and covered for defenders missing up field (normally Eardley). I think if he plays Golbourne and Eardley I'd like to see Allot and Lee in midfield as that way we have 2 more holding type midfielders to cover when our full backs bomb on and overlap.

Just looked on a Wycombe forum, some views on Golbourne given to a different Oldham fan...

He was superb for us. I thought he would have been a Reading first team regular by now

Having seen him play in a few Reading games this season, like carling cup games, he hasn't looked championship material but was quality when he played for us.

league one should be at home, attacking wise a class act, ashley cole like.

Attacking left back who has pace and vision going forward. Not the greatest with his head.

Should be good enough for Lge 1, you would need a mobile left midfielder in front of him to get the best out of his overlapping.

Surprised he has gone to you in Oldham though(distance), if what I am told is true he was not consulted on the loan move.

He did very well with us. Looked like a decent full-back and wouldn't have minded signing him.

He should do well for you.

With the right nuturing he could have gone on to big things

he is a strong left back, decent cross on him as well as good basic defence. He was pretty young when he was with us, I'm sure he's improved from the already promising player he was back then.

Good signing, in short.

Sounds good then...could be on to a winner, especially if we can keep hold of that mobile left winger...

Oi JSS thats me on gasroom.co.uk !!! OafcRyan!!

You will be hearing from my lawyers stealing my material

:angry:

Good call

dont know if thats a good call or not,especially if smalley is on the right wing,he doesnt exactly fill me with confidence with his defensive capabilities,the amount of times he drifts infield could isolate lee at right back.

agreed lomax needs a rest just tostop him getting crap and stick...

incidentley was reading an article about darren ferguson basically saying the posh fans need to get off his players backs,apparently boyd is getting stick akin to eardley n lomax.

so its not just our fans that are like that.