Kilkenny

would get us those extra points we need even if we dont play him every week.

Whits, Maher and Allot are not Championship midfielders. Allot must be most consistent and is half decent.

But Whits has been a little inconsistent and never puts his foot in.

When there on form tho they are all decent players.

Killers would be the key to promo.

Hopefully this left back is good enough untill Jones is back fit.

Neil Kilkenny moved to a much bigger club, for much higher wages and a much better prospect of promotion. Shocking reasons for him to have left us, for sure. Now with all that out of the way: -

Is he better than the equivalent players we have? Yes;

Is he available for loan / transfer? Most probably;

Would I have him back tomorrow? Too right!

Neil Kilkenny moved to a much bigger club, for much higher wages and a much better prospect of promotion. Shocking reasons for him to have left us, for sure. Now with all that out of the way: -

He is what we need right now, a little bit of creativity is what we are missing with decent service to the front two

Could we possibly create a poll for the people who call Kilkenny a Judas???

Q. In your employment you are offered the chance to do the exact same job, with a larger firm, potentially better future prospects, and here's the important one...... you'll get paid more money. What would you do?

Option 1 - I wouldn't move, I'm loyal and don't want to be called a Judas by readers of OWTB

Option 2 - Move, of course I would, I'm looking out for number 1!!!

For the record, I'd go with option 2.

Q. In your employment you are offered the chance to do the exact same job, with a larger firm, potentially better future prospects, and here's the important one...... you'll get paid more money. What would you do?

Option 1 - I wouldn't move, I'm loyal and don't want to be called a Judas by readers of OWTB

You're not like Kaka are you? he's my hero cos he as just quashed a 1000 of ya's number one argument.....we all leave for more money!!!!. But wait......now you'll say he's on mega money anyway!, and I'll say we told Kilkenny we'd make him rich in any case.

I was pissed off at the time, but after a few hours realised he would have been daft not to have taken the money. However, I was one of those that didn't want him back before the start of last season. He was a trouble causer during his spell in 04/05, he was a revelation for a month or so then went missing, ok he was a young boy but a mouthy little **** who thought he knew it all and insisted on trying to take every set-piece and was some way off being a team player. I saw little difference in this attitude and his influence on the team last season - except for perhaps an even bigger ego. He's been very average for Leeds apart from his initial few weeks there. I personally would not have him back here, but at the end of the day i'm sure Shez would welcome him with open arms - however his billy big bollocks attitude won't wash within this much more experienced squad, but we already have one loner in Craig Davies, do we need another? We need a ball player though and if he did come back i'm sure we hold all the aces this time.

Yes I would have him back tomorrow and if Donny win tonight are they ment to be signing Hughes? so we would have the money for wages and a fee.. Don't think we would replace Hughes with having Deano, Davies, Lewi, Smalley, O'Grady and Wolf okay the last three wont get you goals but the first three will with the service of a creative midfielder

Ding dong we have a winner. :OASISscarf::imnotworthy::dance:

Yes I would have him back tomorrow and if Donny win tonight are they ment to be signing Hughes? so we would have the money for wages and a fee.. Don't think we would replace Hughes with having Deano, Davies, Lewi, Smalley, O'Grady and Wolf okay the last three wont get you goals but the first three will with the service of a creative midfielder

I would have him back tomorrow and if he did come back I think you would see a vastly different player.

You can't blame him for leaving for Leeds but he's failed at two big clubs now and I reckon he would be much better attitude wise and has probably grown up a little.

Kilkenny with his head right would get us out of this division with or without Lee Hughes!!

I wouldn't turn him away because of how he left, or because of his footballing skills, but because I don't think he's an effective footballer.

i seem to remember* he was effective in his first spell especially when beckett signed on loan, he gave good supply to him and killen which basically kept us up.

second time around not so good, but is still a good footballer and could give us a alternative in midfield that we need at the moment.

hughes and windass could work well with him if you can get him the ball in advanced positions. but if he was to sign i doubt we would see all 3 in latics blue at the same time.

*my memory is :censored: though

i seem to remember* he was effective in his first spell especially when beckett signed on loan, he gave good supply to him and killen which basically kept us up.

second time around not so good, but is still a good footballer and could give us a alternative in midfield that we need at the moment.

hughes and windass could work well with him if you can get him the ball in advanced positions. but if he was to sign i doubt we would see all 3 in latics blue at the same time.

*my memory is :censored: though

I didn't get to the first 4 or so games after him and the other youths joined us, but did see him playing very well before he seemed to fade very badly. Wasn't it more that he did everything himself rather than playing well with others especially? Not that that means he's crap, but I figure that he struggled when teams realised he was going to try and do them single handed all the time and was good enough to do it if they didn't have a plan for him, but after that, he offered very little. Second time round, Maher could do the job Kilkenny was doing better than he did.

I didn't get to the first 4 or so games after him and the other youths joined us, but did see him playing very well before he seemed to fade very badly. Wasn't it more that he did everything himself rather than playing well with others especially? Not that that means he's crap, but I figure that he struggled when teams realised he was going to try and do them single handed all the time and was good enough to do it if they didn't have a plan for him, but after that, he offered very little. Second time round, Maher could do the job Kilkenny was doing better than he did.

thats a good point, the longer games went on he did seem to get frustrated and tried to look for that wonder pass or goal which in turn got the fans frustrated because he never kept it simple when needed imo.

but we have more strength in depth in the centre now which means if he cant unlock a defence we have alternatives (and visa versa)

if he was to come back it would have to be with him knowing he would not be a star signing anymore.like iy was made out the 2nd time

but as always in football, i think it would be worth the risk

Edited by palmer1

thats a good point, the longer games went on he did seem to get frustrated and tried to look for that wonder pass or goal which in turn got the fans frustrated because he never kept it simple when needed imo.

but we have more strength in depth in the centre now which means if he cant unlock a defence we have alternatives (and visa versa)

if he was to come back it would have to be with him knowing he would not be a star signing anymore.like iy was made out the 2nd time

but as always in football, i think it would be worth the risk

Exactly it would be stupid for a club like ours to turn down someone with his ability if available.

Exactly it would be stupid for a club like ours to turn down someone with his ability if available.

If reports of 8k a week are correct, cant see him here. He seems to be very pally with Corney, so who knows. Not sure TBH, good player on his day.... Seems a shame him being sat on the bench, If he wanted to come back, fime - but dont think it should be the big selling the club to him act like last time. At at 23 years old in league 1, he should be catching Leeds, he isnt so you have to sak the question why?????