Eardley - Will We Miss Him?

To be fair we lost 5-0 in the last game with him. If we lose by less than 5 then surely it was all Eardley's fault against Hereford.

I thought he did well at Hereford despite everything, don't recall the goals coming because of an error from him and his passing to a blue shirt was much improved.

I think if Eardley is replaced by Lomax then we will miss him. Lomax needs some time out.

We will miss him as the alternatives are somewhat limited :

Lomax - needs a break after whats happened at Hereford & I would think Stockport would target him to see if he's up to the job

Hazell - Offers nothing at all when going forward

Lee - Never seen him at full back although I believe he played left back for United reserves. Does he have the pace ?, didn't look blessed with it whenever I've seen him.

Also despite what people think about Eardley he's the only one who can cross the ball at pace from a wide position.

Perhaps he'll put Taylor there - didn't he start as a right back :o

I'm positive his knockers will somehow manage to blame him if we don't win.

Eardley has TALKING TITS :shock:*

* I have been watching latics to long to take anything seriously :)

Edited by SAV

To be fair we lost 5-0 in the last game with him. If we lose by less than 5 then surely it was all Eardley's fault against Hereford.

I thought he did well at Hereford despite everything, don't recall the goals coming because of an error from him and his passing to a blue shirt was much improved.

I think if Eardley is replaced by Lomax then we will miss him. Lomax needs some time out.

Although I am not an Eardley knocker on Saturday when Ainsworth switched wings he went past Eardley as he had gone past Lomax.

Lomax couldn't cope with him and neither could Eardley. Eardley stopped him once a got booked!

This couldn't have come at a worse time for Eardley. Lomax will, more than likely, move to right back, with Goldbourne dropping in on the left. If it works, Eardley will have to fight for his place back, which in itself is no bad thing. But, that then means that we have no competition for the left back slot, again. These situations show just how sparse we really are at the back.

I don't think Hazell is the right choice, as that means Stam and Gregan in the middle. :unsure: Whatever the decision, Sheridan now has another defensive headache and will have to get it right, otherwise he will be under fire again.

Lomax's lack of confidence may mean he is not up to the job.