Printer Problems

Macca

I've tried installing a Lexmark printer to the computer but when I get to printing it doesn't do anything. I've installed the software on the CD but nothing. Any advice would be welcome!

Take it back to the shop, and get a non-Lexmark printer. I had problems with my Lexmark as well, so I changed it for another brand.

Try the updated drivers from their support website. Make sure your PC is compatible with the printer too, some aren't Vista ready (that's if you have Vista of course). Make sure that the new printer is set as your default in the control panel - simple, but invariably the cause of many a problem.

Incidentaly, my HP all in one F380 broke the other week, the encoder stip was knackered (broken by little hands I presume), I've had it for about 2 years. I gave HP an email telling them what had happened and they sent me a new printer! Arrived this morning!

Might well be that the computer is Vista, printer has worked fine when using XP. Had the printer a couple of years and had no problems with it until now.

Will see if I can find an update for it.

That's pretty good about the free printer!

Try the updated drivers from their support website. Make sure your PC is compatible with the printer too, some aren't Vista ready (that's if you have Vista of course). Make sure that the new printer is set as your default in the control panel - simple, but invariably the cause of many a problem.

Incidentaly, my HP all in one F380 broke the other week, the encoder stip was knackered (broken by little hands I presume), I've had it for about 2 years. I gave HP an email telling them what had happened and they sent me a new printer! Arrived this morning!

Think I could do the same thing with my 7 year old PC... I have to admit I've broken the "do not break" seal on the box a couple of hundred times though.