Im GLAD we got smashed 5-0

Our team has so much potential. But they are inconsistent.

Is this because they are in their comfort zones? Is it attitude?

Who knows.

Getting smashed off a team who will not challenge us at the end of the season is easily re gainable over the course of the season.

Maybe this will be the kick up the arse to get them playing like they were at the start of the season.

Or could this eventually see the end of Shez? (i hope not)

I cant wait for the warm (er) weather. Maybe they only like playing on nice sunny days.

Our team has so much potential. But they are inconsistent.

Is this because they are in their comfort zones? Is it attitude?

Who knows.

Getting smashed off a team who will not challenge us at the end of the season is easily re gainable over the course of the season.

Maybe this will be the kick up the arse to get them playing like they were at the start of the season.

Or could this eventually see the end of Shez? (i hope not)

I cant wait for the warm (er) weather. Maybe they only like playing on nice sunny days.

It’s the old, you don’t know what you have until you hit rock bottom. I think that could apply here. To a certain extent it also doesn’t matter if we lose or by 5 (as long as it doesn’t come to goal difference), but psychologically it gives the lads a lot of food for thought for Saturday. If the lads aren’t fired up for this, then what will they get fired up for.

The problem is, quite a lot of the time when you think they should be fired up, they create but miss chances and then slow down again. I do wonder about the mental toughness of the team and if we did get in the playoffs, could we beat a Leeds, Posh, Scunny or Millwall????

It’s the old, you don’t know what you have until you hit rock bottom. I think that could apply here. To a certain extent it also doesn’t matter if we lose or by 5 (as long as it doesn’t come to goal difference), but psychologically it gives the lads a lot of food for thought for Saturday. If the lads aren’t fired up for this, then what will they get fired up for.

The problem is, quite a lot of the time when you think they should be fired up, they create but miss chances and then slow down again. I do wonder about the mental toughness of the team and if we did get in the playoffs, could we beat a Leeds, Posh, Scunny or Millwall????

Probably not but at least it extends the season and the games are more exciting than the league!

I can't actually imagine watching us in a Play Off Final. I have visions of us kicking arse missing chance after chance and losing 1 0 at the death :disappointed:

Probably not but at least it extends the season and the games are more exciting than the league!

I can't actually imagine watching us in a Play Off Final. I have visions of us kicking arse missing chance after chance and losing 1 0 at the death :disappointed:

like the only other time the club made it to a Wembley Cup final

A Play-off Final would reward with a day out at Wembley all those Latics 'supporters' who have stayed away from BP all season.

A Play-off Final would reward with a day out at Wembley all those Latics 'supporters' who have stayed away from BP all season.

true, but havent you noticed how sides like these non league teams suddenly get 15000 supporters when they draw someone big in the cup and the television boys are there.