Results tonight

Peterborough 0-0 MKD - perfect result!

Doncaster 3-0 Cheltenham - if rumours are to believed, not that anything said on here should be, that result means Donny will renew their interest in Hughesy. Could be an interesting couple of days if true...

Doncaster 3-0 Cheltenham - if rumours are to believed, not that anything said on here should be, that result means Donny will renew their interest in Hughesy. Could be an interesting couple of days if true...

If he goes, he goes - frickin' Torres, Adebayor, Drogba and Berbatov would struggle to score with the service we are providing at the moment but having said that, looking at Donny's goals for column I don't think he'll rip up any trees there and in a higher league at that. An attacking midfielder with an eye for a pass is what we are crying out for...with or without slaphead.

If he goes, he goes - frickin' Torres, Adebayor, Drogba and Berbatov would struggle to score with the service we are providing at the moment but having said that, looking at Donny's goals for column I don't think he'll rip up any trees there and in a higher league at that. An attacking midfielder with an eye for a pass is what we are crying out for...with or without slaphead.

Hang on, don't Donny have Wellens? Surely he must be providing chance after chance for their strikers?

I think they miss a lot of chances.

Spot on we have done in the past. Though recently we've improved alot and starting to take chances now we have Heffernan and Coppinger up front. Big win for us tonight financially. 75k for winning the tie then the gate receipts from Saturday (15000 sell out guaranteed) and media money etc as we'll be the main radio game and the highlights game on ITV. Means a lot to clubs our size winning big cup ties and will help us in our transfer efforts. Whether that includes Hughes I don't know, but rumour was an official bid will go in tonight but that Hughes does want to join us. All RUMOUR though so could be wrong.

Spot on we have done in the past. Though recently we've improved alot and starting to take chances now we have Heffernan and Coppinger up front. Big win for us tonight financially. 75k for winning the tie then the gate receipts from Saturday (15000 sell out guaranteed) and media money etc as we'll be the main radio game and the highlights game on ITV. Means a lot to clubs our size winning big cup ties and will help us in our transfer efforts. Whether that includes Hughes I don't know, but rumour was an official bid will go in tonight but that Hughes does want to join us. All RUMOUR though so could be wrong.

Good. Take him.

The latest from our camp.

"Our problem has been scoring goals and we're in the market for a striker," said O'Driscoll.

"The Lee Hughes move is ongoing. He's out of contract at the end of the season. We've got permission to speak to Lee and it is ongoing."

Please please please please take him. I'll bring him to you if you want, DeeDahRover.

"Our problem has been scoring goals and we're in the market for a striker," said O'Driscoll.

"The Lee Hughes move is ongoing. He's out of contract at the end of the season. We've got permission to speak to Lee and it is ongoing."

Where is that statement?

As important as his goals are to us, I would accept that Hughesie moves on today/tomorrow so that we could use the money to bring in a decent midfield player - Neil Kilkenny (baggage and all) - he is just what we need. :wink:

We need to win our games, simple as.... We shouldnt be concerned about nil nil draws at London Road.

Big test on Saturday - Which Latics will turn up?

Over to Bury for Bishop hopefully

No no no.....unless we can have him in addition to a midfielder! :)

As important as his goals are to us, I would accept that Hughesie moves on today/tomorrow so that we could use the money to bring in a decent midfield player - Neil Kilkenny (baggage and all) - he is just what we need. :wink:

If we do get £400k, or even less, I'd hope some was spent loaning a quality midfielder to assume Whittakers job rather than an attempting to replace Hughesy. For the money we would be spending we wouldn't get anywhere near as good as him. We wouldn't even get better than what we already have. A talented midfielder would be of much more benefit to the team, as would a left-back.

If Hughes is going, I hope it's before Saturday.

We need to draw a line under all this now.

Sign our deal or get with them.

Have to agree - the transfer talk is doing my head in and probably affecting Hughes and more so Taylor.

I wish the club would make a key decison on Taylor - namely say that he is going nowhere in the January transfer window and ask him to get back to his very best form starting this Saturday :angry:

As for Hughes - my thoughts on this are posted elsewhere but again we need a decision here - one way or the other. I just get the feeling that Hughes is happy to see what happens over the next two weeks and if not to his liking then hang around until the end of the season.

If so then I would remove the contract offer come February 2. :huh:

Edited by TheBigDog

Have to agree - the transfer talk is doing my head in and probably affecting Hughes and more so Taylor.

I wish the club would make a key decison on Taylor - namely say that he is going nowhere in the January transfer window and ask him to get back to his very best form starting this Saturday :angry:

As for Hughes - my thoughts on this are posted elsewhere but again we need a decison here - one way or the other. I just get the feeling that Hughes is happy to see what happens over the next two weeks and if not to his liking then hang around until the end of the season.

If so then I would remove the contract offer come February 2. :huh:

If he loved the club like some say, and wanted to stay, he'd have already signed the deal.

Anything above 200k, accept.