i cant see what the problem is....come the end of the season if still here and going off scoring rates he is on course to bag around 23 goals,clubs would still be interested in buying him then,so the obvious is sign the contract,and should we not go up the 400k clause is triggered and he can leave if offers come in....

Is there a £400k clause in his new contract? How do you know this?

If he doesn't sign and stays to the end of the season he can leave for free. And you would expect any previous transfer value to be written in to his next contract elsewhere - for the benefit of the player.

Edited by opinions4u

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Born 22nd May 1976 so that makes him a Gemini (like me) grin.gif Hope this helps.

Gemini horoscope 2009

Good income will flow smoothly. Impressive monetary gains will make you financially stable and boost your bank account.

Your star performance and strategic work tactics will help you enter your boss's good books. (signing new contract for Latics ? ):)

Long distance journeys on foreign land will materialise. (Latics overseas pre season tour perhaps). :wink:

Is there a £400k clause in his new contract? How do you know this?

If he doesn't sign and stays to the end of the season he can leave for free. And you would expect any previous transfer value to be written in to his next contract elsewhere - for the benefit of the player.

i havent got a clue whats in this new contract offer...but going off his last one and there being a clause in that i think its a pretty safe bet to assume there would be something written into a new one.

yes he may just decide to stay until the summer,which i think is what most people would want,hopefully his goals will have fired us up,then its upto him what he does.

i understand the club wanting a fee,as they want to recoup wages spent on him.

mmmmm football chairman not being entirely straight with the fans. Nah it could never happen. All will be revealed in the next 11 days, just letting you know what I know ..............

Appreciate you telling us what you know. Now I'll tell you something. It's bollocks.

As somebody touched on, if Corney wanted Hughes out he wouldn't have publically offered him a new deal. He would have placed him on the transfer list.

Of course this doesn't mean that Hughes will not leave. It just means that Corney never told Hughes he has to leave. Either that or Corney lied to everybody, and has so far got away with it. :unsure:

i cant see what the problem is....come the end of the season if still here and going off scoring rates he is on course to bag around 23 goals,clubs would still be interested in buying him then,so the obvious is sign the contract,and should we not go up the 400k clause is triggered and he can leave if offers come in....

Erm, that scenario would suit us but not Hughes.

:dedhrse:

mmmmm football chairman not being entirely straight with the fans. Nah it could never happen. All will be revealed in the next 11 days, just letting you know what I know ..............

Of course all will be revealed in the next 11 days its the remainder of the transfer window!

Heres something from my inside man, expect some personel changes in the Summer of 2009. Heard it here first remember.

As for Hughes its a tough one but I think I would rather have the money than his goals to be honest. Davies and Windass should be able to find the back of the net with good service. I would hope some of the Hughes money could go on a good Centre Mid.

If he stays its all good though, but I would expect him to be off in the Summer for nothing.

Heres something from my inside man, expect some personel changes in the Summer of 2009. Heard it here first remember.

Decided myself at the end of last season. If we don't go up this season, we'll have a new manager in August 09. No insider knowledge needed for that one.

Why is everyone of the opinion that Corney wants Hughes out? Funny behaviour in offering to make him the highest paid player since they bought the club if that's the case then.

The originator of this thread states that 14 goals at a halfway point in the season isn't really that good, and there are better strikers in the division. WTF?! We'd be scrapping around with the Leyton Orients and Brighton's if you take his input away. Will we miss him? Damn right we'll bloody miss him as the jury is still out on Windass for me, bigtime.

Hughes is a top striker in this division and TTA have thrown their gambit in the ring already by offering to make him the highest paid player. If he signs, great. If he doesn't our promotion chances are gambled and we move on.

Corney criticised Hughes for the sending off before Cheltenham, therefore he hates him and wants him out. Obviously.

If we sell Hughes before the end of the season then there can be no moans about missing out on the playoffs come the end of the season. If the main players are sold under Sheridan he can be expected to do little more than mid-table.

Hughes is likely to sign for Doncaster this week. Talks have been going on for a while. There was a dispute over the fee and Doncaster needed to wait until they knew they'd have the financial carrot of the Villa tie before agreeing to pay the price (which is not the release clause by the way - infact it's not much more than half that amount). Hughes has connections with the Doncaster coaching staff from his West Brom days and the move has been in the pipeline for some time.

It’s not like it’s only about whether Hughes is waiting for a better offer, if Donny are offering £200k then Mr Corney will be waiting, hoping someone like Blackpool come in with a better offer. There’s a reason so much of the business is down on the final day, all the parties are trying to get the best deal for themselves and a lot of it goes to the wire with players and clubs holding their nerve for a last minute offer.

Hughes is likely to sign for Doncaster this week. Talks have been going on for a while. There was a dispute over the fee and Doncaster needed to wait until they knew they'd have the financial carrot of the Villa tie before agreeing to pay the price (which is not the release clause by the way - infact it's not much more than half that amount). Hughes has connections with the Doncaster coaching staff from his West Brom days and the move has been in the pipeline for some time.

No new news there Visitor. We'll see how it pans out this week then.

If we get £200k I think we really ought to try and put in a bid for Leon Clarke. Isn't catching the side at Sheffield Wednesday and I think he'd be a viable target for us and not out of the realm of possibility.

If that is true then why have the club not notified the fans.

If Hughes is talking to Doncaster then a fee must have been agreed and the talks are about Hughes's personal terms.

There is nothing on the club site and it states in tonight's Chron that no offers have been made for Hughes.

Somebody is telling porkies!!!

If Hughes is talking to Doncaster then a fee must have been agreed and the talks are about Hughes's personal terms.

There is nothing on the club site and it states in tonight's Chron that no offers have been made for Hughes.

It's all semantics. What is an offer? Is it a finalised document? An enquiry has been made to the degree that permission has been given to talk to the player and his agent. Reading between the lines one can only assume that it is some form of an offer, even if not 'rubber stamped.'

Shez has described Hughes as a good lad who won't let us down. I agree with the posts above IF Corney has said hes being sold he can turn round and say NO I'll go at the end of the season, Porteresque but in his own interests IF being pushed out by Corney.

He could have still opted to sign the contract on offer earlier with a gentleman's agreement that IF a mutual offer comes in the club would sell. Time will tell.

I bet there's a family in the Midlands who don't agree with that.

Cheerio Lee.

Well the porkies are coming from your side then. Sean O Driscoll said in his post match interview last night that we have been given permission to speak to Hughes from your club. As for the coach thing, well Richard O Kelly our assistant manager was coach at West Brom when Hughes was there. Personally, I can't wait for the window to end.

Since when have the club needed to notify the fans of anything? It ain't in my season ticket rules and regs that they need to tell us the ins and outs at BP.

One good thing could come out of it all though.

Hughes could go to Donny.

Derek.

... it states in tonight's Chron that no offers have been made for Hughes.

Rarely do I disagree with what someone says the rarely wrong Chron states. However, it doesn't state that no offers have been made for Hughes. It says:

Despite continued speculation about the futures of Chris Taylor and Hughes, they both remain Athletic players.

Athletic have already confirmed they have received enquiries for Taylor but nobody has, as yet, made a bid which meets their valuation of the 22-year-old.

I think you have have put your own interpretation on the fact that Hughes is not mentioned in the context of enquiries received for Taylor.

Well the porkies are coming from your side then. Sean O Driscoll said in his post match interview last night that we have been given permission to speak to Hughes from your club. As for the coach thing, well Richard O Kelly our assistant manager was coach at West Brom when Hughes was there. Personally, I can't wait for the window to end.

Personally, I can't wait for the Hughes saga to end.

Is there nowhere I can meet you so that I can pass him over to you?

In fact, you bring Wellens, I'll bring Hughes. See you in an hour.

Do you want him? Do Donny fans in general? Can we swap him for Richie?

Personally, I can't wait for the Hughes saga to end.

Is there nowhere I can meet you so that I can pass him over to you?

In fact, you bring Wellens, I'll bring Hughes. See you in an hour.

Paddy.

If you can sort it for Richie to come back, then I will.

It'll make Aspin feel better too.

Derek.