Hereford 'Handbags' Incident - Official Statement

On OS:

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsU...1528111,00.html

What a let down, as I thought it was going to be the statement I'm waiting for, to say what has been done to prevent from attending BP on Saturday the Stockport supporters who attacked Latics supporters at Edgeley Park

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On OS:

What a let down, as I thought it was going to be the statement I'm waiting for, to say what has been done to prevent from attending BP on Saturday the Stockport supporters who attacked Latics supporters at Edgeley Park

hmmmmmmmmm, they also state that the club is up for the respect campaign regarding referees, now then , hasnt shez been in trouble for upsetting refs a couple of times this season. slight double standards there. :blink:

On OS:

I had a bigger 'FIGHT',with my jack russell when i got home.

As for the Stockport incident,that would have been swept under the carpet a long time ago....(paperwork)

hmmmmmmmmm, they also state that the club is up for the respect campaign regarding referees, now then , hasnt shez been in trouble for upsetting refs a couple of times this season. slight double standards there. :blink:

IMO Shez has done a lot better this season in regards to his attitude and actions towards Officials.

I just hope that in no way the club are held accountable beause of the idiotic behaviour of those so called FANS :unsure: on Sat !

Everytime someone gets arrested at a game that becomes a statistic against the club, we cant afford extra stewarding and policing which if the stats say we need will have to happen.

In regards to the Repect, I would say that a level of respect has to be given between fans at games. Banter is all well and good and fun when you are playing crap with the oppo fans but turning on your own fans for what ever reason is an act of stupidity.

Respect is something that also needs to be given to other posters on ANY messageboard being it either Owtb, Love your Soaps or Big Brother Forums.

As for the Stockport incident,that would have been swept under the carpet a long time ago....(paperwork)

I emailed the Chief Executive of Stockport County asking him to advise me as to the action taken against the offenders who assaulted Latics supporters in the Cheadle End of Edgeley Park.

I referred to the YouTube video showing the offenders, including the one I described to Stewards on the night.

I pointed out that if the offenders are not subject to banning orders and are free to attend the return fixture at BP, I fear that there may be reprisals. Publicity needs to be given to satisfy the public that action has been taken against the offenders and to draw a line under the matter.

I said that this is a serious matter which is currently perceived as one which has been swept under the carpet, in the absence of any publicity about action which may have been taken..

I have received the following reply from Mark Maguire, Managing Director of SCFC:

The Police have an on-going operation and several charges have been made. However as the process continues it is inappropriate that we make public comment.

I forwarded Stockport’s reply to Alan Hardy who replied:

Let’s hope that they are able to secure banning orders against the people concerned but it would be good if publicity was given to the progress made before we play them at Boundary Park.

I forwarded that to Stockport’s Managing Director who replied:

I'm sure as things advance we can issue a statement.

Watch this space……………..

At the start of the week I sent a reminder about the need for the statement before Saturday.

I just hope that in no way the club are held accountable beause of the idiotic behaviour of those so called FANS :unsure: on Sat !

Everytime someone gets arrested at a game that becomes a statistic against the club, we cant afford extra stewarding and policing which if the stats say we need will have to happen.

City fans?

Apparently this was mentioned on sky sports.

Met a nice guy called stefan on the train, who said that a group of city fans had come down with his mates, basically looking for a fight. He reckoned that was what the trouble was.

The fans involved do occassional follow latics home and I away but also attend City games.

Hope they get a ban !

hahaha, why write utter sh*te?

do you know any of the 3 who got arrested in the ground? you obviously don't!

fool.

The fans involved do occassional follow latics home and I away but also attend City games.

Hope they get a ban !

Why do you hope they get banned??? do you know them???

were you one of the few who phoned the club???

mummy daddy he just hit me :disappointed:

i only knew one of them but also seen the same group of lads together most of the time prob just had a few to many, but to phone the club. pretty sad that

Edited by kellysheroes

i only knew one of them but also seen the same group of lads together most of the time prob just had a few to many, but to phone the club. pretty sad that

Exactly. If incident bystanders had got caught up in it all and assaulted (like at Stockport) fair enough ban the people involved, but it was between mates and very little actually happened.

Edited by dish

no i dont know them personally but i know the people who they were with who ive talked to about the incident !

It was entertaining to watch because i was so bored with the game but it was also embarrassing - when people get get arrested at games it CAN effect the club directly due to policing and stewarding costs .

That means the club have less money to spend on youth team etc and that

gets my goat !

No i didnt ring the club

Beer beer beer beer beer then minor fisticuffs between some guys who know each other.

And some people want them banning ?

ffs...

Arent football fans a right usless lot... We moan and complain about rough treatment from the police and authorities and at the same time were right behind giving bans to two young lads who drank a bit to much and had words...

I think some of you lot need to sit down and behave youselfs :lol:

Edited by oafc0000

And some people want them banning ?

ffs...

Arent football fans a right usless lot... We moan and complain about rough treatment from the police and authorities and at the same time were right behind giving bans to two young lads who drank a bit to much and had words...

I think some of you lot need to sit down and behave youselfs :lol:

I think it is because our fans, to be fair, are so well behaved anything like this gets blown well out of proportion.

At the start of the week I sent a reminder about the need for the statement before Saturday.

I have received this email from Stockport County:

Thanks for your email and sorry for the delay. I consulted the local police about this and took their advice as to what sort of statement should be issued, they suggested that any bold statement from the club would simply draw attention to the issues and that they would prefer to announce the arrests and actions taken. They prefer to issue their own statement with comment from the club about co-operation.

Below you can see a copy of an email sent confirming action taken in the on going operation.

Thanks again for your mail.

Regards

Mark

Police email:

Mark,

To update yourselves following the disorder during the SCFC v Oldham fixture Op Meppen was set up to investigate this disorder.

As a result two people have been arrested and subsequently charged to appear at Stockport Mags on 20/01/09.

We wish to put a press release on the lines on how the club and police worked together etc-would you like a statement from yourself putting out in our release?

If so please forward to myself and I will arrange

I was talking about people like you....

Why you say that ? Do you know me?

People Like me ?

People (fans) who don't want the club racking up endless costs because some fans cant handle their beer and decide to throw punches towards other spectors friends or not ?