Hereford 'Handbags' Incident - Official Statement

speaking of banning orders etc., I actually know someone who got exactly that for "being drunk entering a sport stadium". didnt a similar incident happen to a Boro fan or summat? He fell asleep at the game, and stewards / police ejected him believing him to be drunk, gave him a banning order etc., only to be proven that he'd finished work about an hour before the game after working a twelve hour night shift.

time to give up leeslover. no standing, no drinking, no atmosphere.

I remember that. I think he had had a few but wasn’t wasted. Blackpool police are bastards for using that one, if they are in the mood they’ll refuse you entry if they can smell half a shandy one your breath. Mind, my definition of when “drunk” begins might not tally with the official view in an era where three pints is classed as binge drinking.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

speaking of banning orders etc., I actually know someone who got exactly that for "being drunk entering a sport stadium". didnt a similar incident happen to a Boro fan or summat? He fell asleep at the game, and stewards / police ejected him believing him to be drunk, gave him a banning order etc., only to be proven that he'd finished work about an hour before the game after working a twelve hour night shift.

time to give up leeslover. no standing, no drinking, no atmosphere.

Westwood (the annoying pompey fan who rings the bell) is a good friend of some of my pompey based family(the shame). He had restrictions placed on him that didn't allow him to drink for up to 3 hours before a pompey game. He got pissed up to the midday on a sat and then stopped. When he went in the ground, he was arrested for breaking these restrictions. It went to court and got off as he managed to prove that he didn't break the restrictions.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

TBH the ‘Fight’ was a bit pathetic but the first incident happened at the front where the kids were stood and they are really lucky to get away with just a ban.

The ones concerned obviously cant handle their drink but imagine if they would have started swinging and accidentally hit an innocent bystander man woman or child?

It could have been far worse than it was so the club/clubs need to be firm and use them as an example to future chavs.

Everybody knows the rules etc so they haven’t a leg to stand on and don’t deserve one either, if that were me I would be more embarrassed about my pugilistic skills than moaning about a banning order lol

I left the game when the 3rd goal went in and saw the (victim) of the second scuffle in hand cuffs outside with a blooded nose he wasn’t looking so cocky when the realisation or consequence of his actions were starting to kick in.