Littlewoods Cup SF at West Ham

What colour socks did we play in to complement the white shirt we played in at West Ham in the Littlewoods Cup SF?

Been asked by a webmaster putting together a history of team kits and none of the images I have include below the waist.

white shirt , blue shorts , blue socks

3 nil down and still 30 mins to go, mine weren't blue I can assure you.

.....and with still roughly half an hour to go Julian Dicks smashed a thirty odd yarder against the crossbar.....which had it gone in, i remember fearing could have resulted in a total capitulation by us. Also remember the West Ham fans were vile that night on the way out. Dodgy place when you've just denied 'em a place at Wembley and you come out singin' yer 'eds off!!

Edited by otid

.....and with still roughly half an hour to go Julian Dicks smashed a thirty odd yarder against the crossbar.....which had it gone in, i remember fearing could have resulted in a total capitulation by us. Also remember the West Ham fans were vile that night on the way out. Dodgy place when you've just denied 'em a place at Wembley and you come out singin' yer 'eds off!!

Bad enough before the game,the Club Doctor had to stitch my head up after being glassed in the Boleyn arms.

Bad enough before the game,the Club Doctor had to stitch my head up after being glassed in the Boleyn arms.

Aye, we got well and truly ironed out that night.

Ahum

Thank God no youngsters would be daft enough to start goading gap-teethed 50 year olds with wild eys about it on the Tube across London, eh Jamie? :wink:

Never enjoyed a 3-0 defeat so much.

Even the coins etc that rained down on us at the half time snack bar couldn't spoil the moment.

Joe Royle had also took the unusual step of naming another keeper on the bench, saying that the only way they'd beat us would be if our keeper was carried off.

Came out of the ground singing my head off and proudly showing my colours. Then I spotted the reception committee swarming outside the tube station.

Coat zipped, mouth zipped, sad expression until we got to the car then it was horn blaring, scarf out of the window stuff all the way to the M1.

A fabulous night.

I've got a match worn one. My mother jurked off Frankie Bunn after the 1st leg :sign0173: and as thanks we got a shirt, true story.

quite an acheivement given the limited distance between c**k and chin - fair play

that was me working on the assumption that Frank was sat in a chair - your twisting my melon man :wacko:

quite an acheivement given the limited distance between c**k and chin - fair play

that was me working on the assumption that Frank was sat in a chair - your twisting my melon man :wacko:

Very supple wrist and the use of car jack did the trick. Frankie Bunn or Wankie Bunn as my mother called him, was a great playa in every sense.

Edited by ritchie82

Came out of the ground singing my head off .... Coat zipped, mouth zipped, sad expression

Did this at City - came out of the North Stand after we beat them 2-1, and somebody started singing a Latics song as soon s as they got through the gates. A city fan knocked him out and there was a bit of a fracas, we then went over to the Sherwood (?) - it was full of City as you can imagine. There we were about 4 or 5 of us "crying" in our beer! We kept catching ourselves looking at one another and nearly bursting out laughing!

Happy days :)

Did this at City - came out of the North Stand after we beat them 2-1, and somebody started singing a Latics song as soon s as they got through the gates. A city fan knocked him out and there was a bit of a fracas, we then went over to the Sherwood (?) - it was full of City as you can imagine. There we were about 4 or 5 of us "crying" in our beer! We kept catching ourselves looking at one another and nearly bursting out laughing!

Happy days :)

God yeah, that was about the naughtiest I've ever seen it coming out of Maine Road. I've been there and seen us win quite a few times before that but we really had to zip it, put heads down and scuffle off towards the city centre.

God yeah, that was about the naughtiest I've ever seen it coming out of Maine Road. I've been there and seen us win quite a few times before that but we really had to zip it, put heads down and scuffle off towards the city centre.

You wouldn’t have enjoyed hanging around Leeds with BigFinn after the latest time.

Saw I guy at the masters at the MEN with a white No.12 with the legendary monicker PALMER on the back.

He said Rog was on the bench for the 2nd leg and he some how blagged the shirt off him.

Offered him £200 dabs for it, he said it was priceless.......couldnt agree more.

Edited by leeblue72

Saw I guy at the masters at the MEN with a white No.12 with the legendary monicker PALMER on the back.

He said Rog was on the bench for the 2nd leg and he some how blagged the shirt off him.

Offered him £200 dabs for it, he said it was priceless.......couldnt agree more.

It had the name Palmer on the back?

The shirts we wore in that game at West ham where just numbered.

Thought names where introduced onto shirts 1992/1993 for the first Premier League season.

Gary