Asking price for Taylor

From BBC Gossip Column

Preston are weighing up a £1m move for Stockport winger Anthony Pilkington, who is also being watched by Wigan and Bolton. (The Sun)

If there is any shred of truth in this, then the bidding for Taylor has to start at 1 mill minimum.

For the stockport fans who will be browsing this board in the run up to saturday, I am not implying in anyway shape or form that Pilkington is not a good player, he is, just that in my opinion, in terms of monetary value, is possibly worth a bit more having played pro for shightly longer,scoring a few more goals and I would say because he can play down either flank, but im not 100 percent sure whether pilkington can either.

you've got to bear in mind Pilkington wont have the same sentimental feeling towards his club, which Taylor does have. I think more sentimental feeling means it'll take more money to lure them away

Very true, the fact that he's not looking for a move must put the ball in our court in a lot of ways

you've got to bear in mind Pilkington wont have the same sentimental feeling towards his club, which Taylor does have. I think more sentimental feeling means it'll take more money to lure them away

Or it could backfire though if he stays too long and his value drops as his contract begins to run out...think we need to be on the ball and sell him at the right time. I would think if we dont go up he will go in the summer if he continues to play well.

Or it could backfire though if he stays too long and his value drops as his contract begins to run out...think we need to be on the ball and sell him at the right time. I would think if we dont go up he will go in the summer if he continues to play well.

how long is too long???

if he is happy and loves the club as much as he does,and wants to get oldham promoted,do you not think he may not want to leave for a good few years....

i dont think he is entirely money motivated like other players,i do think he he would love to stay at a club where he is appreciated and wants to genuinley do well for it and the fans

how long is too long???

if he is happy and loves the club as much as he does,and wants to get oldham promoted,do you not think he may not want to leave for a good few years....

i dont think he is entirely money motivated like other players,i do think he he would love to stay at a club where he is appreciated and wants to genuinley do well for it and the fans

There is no denying that but he has the talent to play at a higher level and eventially he will want to do so if we cant offer him that chance. And I am sure we as Oldham fans would not begrudge him that. I am sure he would also want the club he loves to get the best deal in terms of money. Thats why I would expect him to be off in the summer if we do not get promoted. Of course I would like him to stay for as long as possible, but I would also for once like to see us get a good deal on one of our more promising players.

From BBC Gossip Column

Preston are weighing up a £1m move for Stockport winger Anthony Pilkington, who is also being watched by Wigan and Bolton. (The Sun)

If there is any shred of truth in this, then the bidding for Taylor has to start at 1 mill minimum.

For the stockport fans who will be browsing this board in the run up to saturday, I am not implying in anyway shape or form that Pilkington is not a good player, he is, just that in my opinion, in terms of monetary value, is possibly worth a bit more having played pro for shightly longer,scoring a few more goals and I would say because he can play down either flank, but im not 100 percent sure whether pilkington can either.

As far as that report goes it's lazy bollocks plucking a figure out of thin air.

Pilko isn't worth £1m IMO, he's too inconsistant, but he is young and versatile (plays down both flanks, behind a front man or up front on his own) and has incredible potential.

£1 mill wouldn't be enough for Taylor IMHO, but it might make him think about it. If he improves the way he has been doing from season to season (in general, I know some of his performances of late haven't been aweinspiringly great) he has the quality to make it in the Prem. (He has the stuff which can't be taught- decent pace). With Taylor though I think its a question of whether we think the price is good enough for what we can get out of him. With him we have a decent chance of getting promoted, without him we have less chance so it becomes a question of whether the money we make from the sale is more or less than the money we might make if we go up and I don't think a million would be. We might not be able to take him as far as he could go but I'm sure he would be happy for us to take him into the Championship (where he belongs minimum). He strikes me as a genuine lad who happens to be a Latic and will not screw the club over unlike some players previously. If he stays then all is good but if he goes I would wish him well and always keep an eye out for any contributions he might make. We don't have to sell him and even if we get an acceptable offer he doesn't have to go. But if Delph is worth £5million (according to the reports from Papa Smurf) then £2mill (including add-ons) might not be unresonable for Taylor.