Hughes - Donny Manager Clarifies Situation

On Donny OS.

Only made enquiry, no offer, just chatted. He is available at the right price. Discussed personal terms with Hughes' agent, as it's no good agreeing a price if you can't afford the personal terms. It's ongoing and looks like being ongoing up until the death.

http://www.doncasterroversfc.premiumtv.co....1529513,00.html

So expect the speculation to continue until the fat lady closes her window.

On Donny OS.

Only made enquiry, no offer, just chatted. He is available at the right price. Discussed personal terms with Hughes' agent, as it's no good agreeing a price if you can't afford the personal terms. It's ongoing and looks like being ongoing up until the death.

He's right in what he says about the 'artificial' transfer window.

The report on his wages might be right, it might be wrong - only he that really knows. I'd take anything written in Wiki with a pinch of salt to be honest, since it's not peer reviewed per se - it's open to a few untruths, sometimes the lack of accuracy or completeness of entries is appalling.

He's right in what he says about the 'artificial' transfer window.

I think the window should be scrapped, it's just represents all that's wrong with football - greed, greed and more greed....

The report on his wages might be right, it might be wrong - only he that really knows. I'd take anything written in Wiki with a pinch of salt to be honest, since it's not peer reviewed per se - it's open to a few untruths, sometimes the lack of accuracy or completeness of entries is appalling.

I think the window should be scrapped, it's just represents all that's wrong with football - greed, greed and more greed....

It was well documented that when Hughes signed he was on £80k year.

Gamble by Latics that nobody else would take.

It has paid off and i hope he signs new one.

Teams in the lower half of the championship will struggle to match what we have offered hughes and it is a great credit to TTA that they have offered such a lucrative deal.

I can see him staying , if not then tomorrow is his last game !!!

Edited by losesome

Like we have said once before if he goes he goes. good players have come and gone. lee hughes will just be another one. if he signs great he is a latics player, if he goes then he will be one of latics player who has come and gone. he is not exactly god's gift is he.

we have some quality forwards in the club at the moment already.

so if donny do get hime its not all doom and gloom like its been anticipated on here.

where?

on here?

on the official website?

myth or fact?

:mmm:

I think it would be more accurate to say it was widely "reported". I personally heard £1,800 per week (which would be over £90k) and if you google for it you can find it quoted mainly in the national tabloids. The 80k amount also rings a bell but not sure where from.

Also didn't Blitz in his interview on World Soccer Daily say he's got a very basic contract which is less than most of the professionals at the club but he has various bonuses on top.

After reading past O'Driscoll statements and the new one, it seems that he has been in talks with Lee but they haven't made a bid as yet. The thing about him being able to leave in the summer for free is a bit cryptic. I wonder if he's trying to say Oldham should be happy with the £3.58 plus Darren Byfield which is all we're going to offer.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

According to Wiki - Hughes' '' reported salary of £1,800-a-week at Boundary Park is less than a tenth of what he earned at the peak of his powers with West Bromwich ''

me_1404.jpg

storyaf1af6052efd0cee07cd7b659c88315e.jpg

To be fair at the peak of his powers he was worth £5 million and is now worth £400k which is less than a tenth of that figure.

Considering hi s last wage would have been about £5 a week if he had sewn enough mailbags, perhaps supplemented by knocking out the old blackmarket snout whilst dodging the screws I'm sure 80k seems like a decent wedge.

Surely cigarettes are the only recognised currency when you're detained at Her Majesty’s Pleasure?

4thegame.com quotes Shez in an interview in The Sun saying:

"While I'm manager Lee will be staying here. He's going to be part and parcel of what we're trying to do. It's as simple as that."

http://www.4thegame.com/club/oldham-athlet...ughes_stay.html

In other interviews Shez has said Hughes is staying as far as he is concerned. Has The Sun got an exclusive from Shez or has it misinterpreted what he's said? :unsure:

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

4thegame.com quotes Shez in an interview in The Sun saying:

"While I'm manager Lee will be staying here. He's going to be part and parcel of what we're trying to do. It's as simple as that."

http://www.4thegame.com/club/oldham-athlet...ughes_stay.html

In other interviews Shez has said Hughes is staying as far as he is concerned. Has The Sun got an exclusive from Shez or has it misinterpreted what he's said? :unsure:

i agree with what shez is saying...but do you think he is just saying that as to appear to make all the right noises so to speak....then if he does go he can say it wasnt down to me to sell one of our best players,take it up with the board.i wanted him to stay...you dont know do you

i agree with what shez is saying...but do you think he is just saying that as to appear to make all the right noises so to speak....then if he does go he can say it wasnt down to me to sell one of our best players,take it up with the board.i wanted him to stay...you dont know do you

im pretty sure shez wants hughes to stay, every manager would want to keep their best players.

and in most cases it is up to the board if anybody leaves. its their money.

On Donny OS.

Interesting that as a friend of mine said hed spoken to Alan Hardy last week and he said, Doncaster had enquired and were going to talk to Hughes in the future, but if the offer wasnt phenomenal from Donny then Hughes would leave them hanging until the last day of the window and then sign our contract. Hopefully thats true, not only would Hughes sign but Donny would be without a goalscorer. I F***ing hate Donny Rovers.

On Donny OS.

Interesting that as a friend of mine said hed spoken to Alan Hardy last week and he said, Doncaster had enquired and were going to talk to Hughes in the future, but if the offer wasnt phenomenal from Donny then Hughes would leave them hanging until the last day of the window and then sign our contract. Hopefully thats true, not only would Hughes sign but Donny would be without a goalscorer. I F***ing hate Donny Rovers.