Hughes - Donny Manager Clarifies Situation

Interesting that as a friend of mine said hed spoken to Alan Hardy last week and he said, Doncaster had enquired and were going to talk to Hughes in the future, but if the offer wasnt phenomenal from Donny then Hughes would leave them hanging until the last day of the window and then sign our contract. Hopefully thats true, not only would Hughes sign but Donny would be without a goalscorer. I F***ing hate Donny Rovers.

We've all but signed Steve Brooker so we have at least signed one striker this window. It's nice to know you care though :grin:

so you think hes saying to make the right noises to the fans? Not because he actually wants him to stay?

I do think JS want him to stay, "While I'm manager Lee will be staying here" seems to be what the fans want to hear. It says to me (may not to everybody) that if that was actually the case - Sheridan will be out of the door with him, because ultimately it's out of his hands. Perhaps there has been some more "words" between Barry/Simon/whoeverwantsago and JS, I don't know - however, JS sounds like he's just issued an ultimatum. Hughes will be going, does this mean JS is too? Or will the "While I'm manager Lee will be staying here" comment end up being a load of hot air?

Just my observations...

Can't say on here. If I bump into you I'll gladly discuss why I dislike the man soooooo much.

Fair enough. I'll look forward to it. :lol:

I do honestly think he's (obviously) looking out for himself financially but also wants to do so without hurting Latics. If he goes next week, at least we get a fee for him - if he was looking purely at the pound notes for himself he'd stick around til the summer without signing and then go on a free with a nice fat signing on fee.

has anyone noticed o'driscoll contradict himself by saying with hughes he wanted to see what the player wanted e.tc before putting in a bid, yet with brooker the clubs have agreed a fee but personal terms need to be agreed.

maybe i'm looking into it the wrong way.

imo hughes is going nowhere.