If Oldham were no more :(

Oafc88

Just wondering, what other team would people support if we had gone under a few seasons back or at any point in the future if we ceased to exsist??? I know it doesnt bear thinking about, but if it did happen?? for me i think id have gone off football for a period of time maybe gettin back into it once id have finished mourning lol your views?

Not wanting to sound fussy but if that was not possible

I couldn't really think about it at the time. I think maybe I'd have seen more cricket in the Summertime. I don't think I'd ever have taken to following another League club - I mean, Crystal Palace? Urgh.

Guest jet_dd34

Has to be Sevilla for the next season, at least! :) After that, St. Johnstone, coz that's Scarlet's second club. ^_^

I'm afraid I couldn't swear alliegance to any other club in England. :jailed::Spain::Scotland::Italy:

Just wondering, what other team would people support if we had gone under a few seasons back or at any point in the future if we ceased to exsist??? I know it doesnt bear thinking about, but if it did happen?? for me i think id have gone off football for a period of time maybe gettin back into it once id have finished mourning lol your views?

I think I'd have well and truly fallen out of love with football, if Latics had gone out of business. I'd have become a fairly disinterested neutral.

I gave this question plenty of thought when we went within twenty four hours from liquidation.

I would have supported Burton Albion in Britain's brewing capital :drinking66: , but I would also have been able to make more trips over to Dublin to support Shamrock Rovers :drinking45: . I could also find time to support Lealtad in Spain. :Spain:

UP THE DALE!

*runs for the hills before people start to laugh* :grin:

Hardly a suprise though. I guess i'm one of a very select few who'd find it a touch easier than others, seeing as I watch Dale on a fairly regular basis, and have been all over the bloody country watching them. From as far south as Plymouth, to as north as Hartlepool (this season). Similar sort of clubs Latics and Dale in alot of ways

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :angry::angry::angry::angry:

Why should i give all the love in my fragile smoke infested heart to Dale?

I would rather be a shaker!

More chance of playing in a higher league as well! :lol:

Why should i give all the love in my fragile smoke infested heart to Dale?

I would rather be a shaker!

More chance of playing in a higher league as well! :lol:

1) Why would you support a club with an area within the town dubbed, 'Monkey Town'

2) Look at the League Table. Conference next season *chuckle*

3) Attendance for Bury's crunch 6 pointer derby at the weekend, against Macc. 2,500 - Massif!

You better hope Latics dont go bust beardy. You'll be talking about winning an FA Cup, no Bury fan alive even went too, as if it happened yesterday

This Famous Old Club :lol::lol:

1) Why would you support a club with an area within the town dubbed, 'Monkey Town'

2) Look at the League Table. Conference next season *chuckle*

3) Attendance for Bury's crunch 6 pointer derby at the weekend, against Macc. 2,500 - Massif!

You better hope Latics dont go bust beardy. You'll be talking about winning an FA Cup, no Bury fan alive even went too, as if it happened yesterday

This Famous Old Club :lol::lol:

Monkeytown?

Awwww i see now!

As for the history side, its a shame that the town like Oldham & Dale is infested with Reds!

Support your Hometownclub its your birthright.

If Latics didn't exist I couldn't possibly support anyone else, I'd just become a disinterested observer of the game.

I'd rather die than support Manure or Citeh.

It really annoys me seeing kids walking round Oldham in Manure and Citeh shirts you might as well just sell your soul to the devil, what a total waste of time and waste of a life.

It makes me so mad :angry: :angry: :angry:

Edited by Hometownclub

A question thats been asked many times and for me still only one answer, I'd go and watch Chadderton FC, especially now they have plans for a shiny new stand and facilities, oh yes they do I've seen 'em, done by a proper architectural firm and everything. Mind as we aint going any where it'll be easier to get to Broadway to watch the ressies than it will Stalybridge! :)