If Oldham were no more :(

Oafc88

...I'd go and watch Chadderton FC, especially now they have plans for a shiny new stand and facilities, oh yes they do I've seen 'em, done by a proper architectural firm and everything...

Is that the one with rotating knives? :)

I could support my home town team .... Rochdale but that would NEVER happen or I could support the team I actually supported as a child until I was old enough to travel to to games on my own and choose Oldham. My family are from Oldham and I've been a 'Yed since I'd been born... and it was the first year of the play-offs when we were on the up!!!! Ok I'm skirting around naming my childhood team, especially as I know exile will censor it and issue me with a warning ..... ok here goes Man U!!!!

Still this doesn't mean I'll support them if Oldham didn't exist ...... probally wouldn't bother, I'd just support anyone who played against the teams I hate.

Id have to support the mighty mighty Chester City:) They've always been a 2nd team as i grew up quite near there...However they are even more likely to go bust than us or move to somewhere like Runcorn Widnes or Fflint. Just like at Boundary Park there never seems to be a dull moment at Chester, nothing is ever easy. They seem to have a new squad of journeymen players every month of the season and they must be one of the few clubs in the football league where most of even its diehard fans do have strong alliegence to other teams, like Liverpool, Everton,Man Utd etc.

A question thats been asked many times and for me still only one answer, I'd go and watch Chadderton FC, especially now they have plans for a shiny new stand and facilities, oh yes they do I've seen 'em, done by a proper architectural firm and everything. Mind as we aint going any where it'll be easier to get to Broadway to watch the ressies than it will Stalybridge! :)

Quite right Stipey.

Was born at BPH and grew up in Chadderton. Couldn't bring myself to support another league club. :sad:

Quite right Stipey.

Was born at BPH and grew up in Chadderton. Couldn't bring myself to support another league club. :sad:

Stevie J

Is that the one with rotating knives?
eh ??

Well I grew'd up in Midd, but as we've never had a proper football team, well there was Tonge United, but that went by the board about 100 years ago, although they did beat Latics on occasion, and their ground has now gone forever with new houses on it, Chadd is the nearest, and I know a few folks involved with the set up there too.

Oldham Town at their old ground would have been closer, I'm sure I once watched Latics play a pre season game down Hunt Lane??

I could support my home town team .... Rochdale but that would NEVER happen

Curious as to why you couldnt support your hometown team Mark <_<:)

Every Rochdale born citizen, should have a major liking and soft spot for the dale, just so they can walk around uttering those magic words.

Up The Dale

Down The Ale :grin:

Even though I was born and lived up until 15 years ago in Rochdale, I've always been a Oldhamer... this probally down to me watching rugby since being a nipper and the fact that all my family lived in Oldham so it felt more like my home town. Because of this I never ever thought about being a Rochdale supporter. Although I did have two teams at the time (see previous post regarding Man U)

My first 'live' game was actually Rochdale playing Man at Old Trafford in the cup .... it didn't go down to well me being with all my schoool mates in the Rochdale end with a Man u scarf on though.

I did always love being the odd one out at school as these were the days when you actually supporter your local team and there were few Oldham / Man U fans around.

Curious as to why you couldnt support your hometown team Mark <_<:)

Every Rochdale born citizen, should have a major liking and soft spot for the dale, just so they can walk around uttering those magic words.

Up The Dale

Down The Ale :grin:

I was saved by the folks moving to just over the border when I was 4 months old, so I went to school in Royton and got bitten after they did free tickets in the schools. I was safely Blue by the time we moved back over the border. Thank god for that!

I was saved by the folks moving to just over the border when I was 4 months old, so I went to school in Royton and got bitten after they did free tickets in the schools. I was safely Blue by the time we moved back over the border. Thank god for that!

Living only a Paul Robinson goalkick away from Hurst Cross, Ashton United would probably be my team of choice. Pity the reserves stopped playing games there.

I suspect if we had gone under I would have just given up on the sport. I wouldn't be able to see the point in following it any more. I'd become totally disillusioned with the sport. Move to a far off country so I didn't have to talk or watch it at all. And end up following cricket/baseball/american football.

So in short Lancs/St Louis/Arizona - although I already do support (or am a fan of) these.