Super League XIV

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are advising that fans should avoid the area and head straight to Old Trafford and not return to the City after the game.

i suppose we should be grateful they're not cancelling the match to accomodate the fascist tw*ts, they've postponed football games because of them. I could be wrong but don't you have to give the police notice of demonstrations? So, given that the date and venue for the GF were set months ago, why didn't the police say "you can't do it on that date"?

i suppose we should be grateful they're not cancelling the match to accomodate the fascist tw*ts, they've postponed football games because of them. I could be wrong but don't you have to give the police notice of demonstrations? So, given that the date and venue for the GF were set months ago, why didn't the police say "you can't do it on that date"?

I might be wrong but I'm not sure the police can stop them - they can stop marches but not a rally (I think). I'd add the Anti-Fascists into the tw*t category as well - if they didnt turn up there would be no violence, the rightwingers arranged their rally first. Either way it's ruined the day for a lot of people. Bah!

I'm not sure whoever would be willing to wait 9 months to have this demonstration/ whatever it is so the one weekend when United City, Notlob and Wigwam aren't at home (us neither come to think of it) has been probably chosen because its the least worst date. After all like has been mentioned RL fans aren't known for kicking off with each other much.

Going to my 3rd Grand Final tomorrow (been to the last two). Not a fan really of any Rugby side, but love watching the game and will be supporting Saints tomorrow. I'm in the Stretford end lower tier about 10 / 12 rows from the front (the back row before the wall).

Had a fiver on Kyle Eastmond for the Harry Sunderland trophy @ 20/1 cos I want a Saints win. But I think Leeds will do it again and might have a couple of quid on Hall @ 20/1 too.

Going to my 3rd Grand Final tomorrow (been to the last two). Not a fan really of any Rugby side, but love watching the game and will be supporting Saints tomorrow. I'm in the Stretford end lower tier about 10 / 12 rows from the front (the back row before the wall).

Had a fiver on Kyle Eastmond for the Harry Sunderland trophy @ 20/1 cos I want a Saints win. But I think Leeds will do it again and might have a couple of quid on Hall @ 20/1 too.

i've been foolish enough to put money on Saints to win by 6-10 points.

i've even more foolishly arranged to view a flat tomorrow at 12 and told my family i'll meet them at old trafford and make my own way there, on public transport, from Liverpool, on a day when Piccadilly's gonna be pretty much cut off. What's the worst that can happen?

:(

Best team won. Leeds are head and shoulders above everyone else but yet again pisspoor handling from Gardner and Meli leads to tries. We knew they would target us with the kick and we've come up with game changing errors. Tbh I'm not as gutted as in '07 and '08 as I knew we did well to get to OT this year but serious tinkering needed over the winter - new Scrum-Half and Stand-Off needed, absolutely no creativity in the centre too often we're completely nullified in that area. Bring back Matty Smith and give him a go - Kyle's no Scrum-Half-yet, give him a go on the wing. Roby for Stand-off - Pryce? Don't know, anonymous big game after big game.

Edited by oafcprozac

Best team won. Leeds are head and shoulders above everyone else but yet again pisspoor handling from Gardner and Meli leads to tries. We knew they would target us with the kick and we've come up with game changing errors. Tbh I'm not as gutted as in '07 and '08 as I knew we did well to get to OT this year but serious tinkering needed over the winter - new Scrum-Half and Stand-Off needed, absolutely no creativity in the centre too often we're completely nullified in that area. Bring back Matty Smith and give him a go - Kyle's no Scrum-Half-yet, give him a go on the wing. Roby for Stand-off - Pryce? Don't know, anonymous big game after big game.

Just watched the full game - the winning try....generous!

i can live with losing to the better team, which Leeds probably were. But to have the title decided by an offside try is just sickening. What the f**k is the point of having a video ref when they can't get it right even after watching the replay slowed down to stills?

Hate to say it but i hope that was Potter's last game.and Meli was a liability, yet again.

i can live with losing to the better team, which Leeds probably were. But to have the title decided by an offside try is just sickening. What the f**k is the point of having a video ref when they can't get it right even after watching the replay slowed down to stills?

Hate to say it but i hope that was Potter's last game.and Meli was a liability, yet again.

Said that to the wife earlier,

Tbh, I felt a bit sorry for Meli as he's had his poor periods this year but probably been our most consistent player over the last couple of months. Gardner would be definitely out of the door replaced by Kyle (not a centre yet imo) Ade has scored 20+ tries year on year - this year he's done absolutely nothing and been a liability every week. Time for him to move on imo.

Potter? Can we afford a change? Not so sure...Looks like he's trying to turn us into the new Noble's Bradford. Strong down the middle...with little else...

Edited by oafcprozac